Default Looking for a type of hat to buy - beach vendors?

I'll be staying at CSA in 3 more sleeps (first timer) -- and I'm looking for a type of hat that I had but had to throw out (got crushed after MANY times in my suitcase). I'm looking for a weave hat (not cloth) that is like a cowboy hat style. Wondering if you've seen any there that I can buy -- I know in Mexico there were tons of beach vendors selling them. Of course I didn't need one THEN.
    Thanks all!

Default Woven Hat

JamieDianne,
    I found the cutest hat for my stay at CSA the first week in March, at all places... Wal-Mart for $7. It is a woven type of cowboy hat, in white or tan. It packed up great and was perfect all week. I only bought the white one for our trip and wished I would have bought both colors.
    See below and good luck finding the perfect hat...you will need one...
    Robin
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Robin, that is EXACTLY what I'm looking for. We drive to Bangor, Maine on Sunday, and they have a huge Wal Mart Supercenter. I will check there. Thanks!
    Dianne

I like that hat. I'll be checking the wal-marts here for our May trip!!! Thanks!

Check out www.smarthats.com They have some cool Western style hats. A little on the pricey side, but very unique. They have some packable and SPF hats as well! Cheers!
    DD13

Quote Originally Posted by JamieDianne View Post
    I'll be staying at CSA in 3 more sleeps (first timer) -- and I'm looking for a type of hat that I had but had to throw out (got crushed after MANY times in my suitcase). I'm looking for a weave hat (not cloth) that is like a cowboy hat style. Wondering if you've seen any there that I can buy -- I know in Mexico there were tons of beach vendors selling them. Of course I didn't need one THEN.
    Thanks all!
    ....Beware that the GREEN Woven hats at the "Hat Making" classes has been reported as being confiscated at immigrations when entering the USA.

Wal Mart, Target, K Mart all have those hats....

Default Got my hat!

Hey Robin! I got my hat! Exactly the same as yours in white. We're in Bangor, Maine right now staying at the airport hotel -- we fly out tomorrow morning at 7 am!! Can't wait.
    Thanks again for sending me the pic -- I love the hat!

Default Did your hat come in handy??

JamieDianne,
    I sure hope you had a great time at CSA, and was glad to hear you found your hat. I sure hope the hat worked out for you. Send pics of your stay if you can.
    Also, after posting to you last week, I did go back to Wal-Mart and picked up the lighter tan one. This will match the swimsuit I'm wearing above much better. Now I will be all set for next March when we return to CSA...