Thread: Ages

Default Ages

Can someone tell me what the age of most couples is at CTI?
    We are planning our honeymoon for end-of August and don't know which resort to choose.
    We are in our very early 30's, love to party. Which resort is best for a younger crowd and a non-stop party?

Thank you!!

None of the Couples is good for a "non-stop party". Couples is about romance and having a good time with other couples, but not a crazy party.

Having said that, there are no ages at Couples. Honestly! We honeymooned at CTI in 2002 (we were in our late 20s), loved it, and have now returned every year since. We've been to all of the resorts (are now in our early 30s) and hang out with people of all ages at the resort.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

"Which resort is best for a younger crowd and a non-stop party?"

I personally cannot think of one that meets that criteria. You will see a range of ages at each resort.

I have not been to CTI but in my experiences at Couples, it is not a non-stop party. The "S" resorts would be a better choice for that IMO - having stayed at most of them in Jamaica at one time or another.

None of the resorts are non-stop parties. So if that is a main criteria then you've got the wrong resort.

Couples is a fun resort, but it is not a spring-break non-stop party type of resort. Guests like to have fun and the piano bar is opening until the last person leaves at night, but it is not party down.

Ages vary at the resort depending on the week, but you won't be out of place being in your early thirties.

Just realize that if you are looking for a wild party atmosphere, you won't find it at any of the Couples resorts.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

My wife and I arrive CSS on 4/19, and thus raise the average age level considerably. But, not necessarily the maturity level...

Andy & Meredith

Quote Originally Posted by nkaye81 View Post
    Can someone tell me what the age of most couples is at CTI?
    We are planning our honeymoon for end-of August and don't know which resort to choose.
    We are in our very early 30's, love to party. Which resort is best for a younger crowd and a non-stop party?

Thank you!!
    I can tell you the exact age of MOST couples at Couples....it is between 20 and 80.
    We are in our 40's, act like we are in our 30's, drink like we are in our 20's.....which means we sometimes wake up feeling like we are 80.

I agree with Andy...it is not what our age does to the average age around the resort, but more what our actions do to the average maturity level.

nkaye81.....in truth, you will find that it does not matter what age you are or any one else is for that matter. Once y'all arrive, you will have a commonality with everyone there....you will be with the most beautiful spouse, in the most beautiful place, with the most beautiful staff to wait on you. We all feel this way, that is why so many of us return over and over again.

CONGRATS on your coming wedding!! Best Wishes!!
    Peace, Love, and Respect
    Billy
    CN 2002, COR 2007, CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CTI June 4-15, 2012

Default a "wow" moment!

"I can tell you the exact age of MOST couples at Couples....it is between 20 and 80.
    We are in our 40's, act like we are in our 30's, drink like we are in our 20's.....which means we sometimes wake up feeling like we are 80."

GREATEST response ever!!! And truthfully sums it up for most of us!

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    "I can tell you the exact age of MOST couples at Couples....it is between 20 and 80.
    We are in our 40's, act like we are in our 30's, drink like we are in our 20's.....which means we sometimes wake up feeling like we are 80."

GREATEST response ever!!! And truthfully sums it up for most of us!
    Billy, I agree, great response, the only add might be

We are in our 40's, act like we are in our 30's, drink like we are in our 20's.....which means we sometimes wake up feeling like we are 80, wishing we were under-age to drink again!

I cringe a little when people say "this may not be the resort for you" or "S resorts would be a better choice". Why? Because if you want it to be a non-stop party, it will be! I've been there, I know - I've partied all night long at CTI several times, with plenty of other people.

As pretty much everyone has stated, the range of ages is varied at the resort. Likewise the range of "how much partying" is varied. CTI is a fun place - it's all what you make of it! I don't think CTI would be a poor choice for you at all!

Quote Originally Posted by Billy_Audra View Post
    We are in our 40's, act like we are in our 30's, drink like we are in our 20's.....which means we sometimes wake up feeling like we are 80.
    Love this!!! Can I put your quote on a t-shirt??

I also wanted to add that we have been known to shut the piano bar down at 4am, so if that's what you mean by a non-stop party, then Couples could fit the bill.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!

Angie is right, I have walked out, well, stumbled out, of the piano bar well after three or four in the morning. Can't do it every night though, at least not anymore................

And no one should ever think that any of the Couples resorts are not for them....I can only speak for CN and CTI, but I can tell you, each of them make everyone feel welcomed and wonderful!!!!
    Peace, Love, and Respect
    Billy
    CTI June 4-15, 2012

Amy, Heck yes..put it on a shirt...I would be honored.
    On that subject, I want to talk to Steve about logo designs for shirts, but it can wait until after y'alls return.
    Talk to you soon and HAVE A BLAST at CTI!!!!!!
    Peace, Love, and Respect
    Billy
    CTI June 4-15, 2012

Well, Rosa and I are in our 50's and I guarantee you we'll out-party anyone 20, even 30 years younger than us till the wee hours of the evening....or until 8pm, whichever comes first.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron & Rosa 25 View Post
    Well, Rosa and I are in our 50's and I guarantee you we'll out-party anyone 20, even 30 years younger than us till the wee hours of the evening....or until 8pm, whichever comes first.
    This reminds me of the day my daughter turned 21. We invited to take her out for her first legal night, during which she claimed, "I will drink the old man under the table".

I am sure you all could have predicted the outcome, my wife and I did stay by her side as she steered the porcelain bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Billy_Audra View Post
    Amy, Heck yes..put it on a shirt...I would be honored.
    On that subject, I want to talk to Steve about logo designs for shirts, but it can wait until after y'alls return.
    Talk to you soon and HAVE A BLAST at CTI!!!!!!
    I think your saying should be the theme for the next Texas Couples Party

Steve's email is totaldepth@gmail.com so feel free to email him. Him and our friend VPLee make several logos every year. Unfortunately for Steve (and unlike myself, obviously) he can only check personal email and the message board at night, but you don't have to wait until after we get back.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!

There are a line of resorts called Hedo.....

We have been to a lot of the resorts Jamaica and never been to a non-stop party place. We have been to Couples, "S", and "Hedo" resorts and due to all the sun and drinking during the day it is very hard to stay up all night.

A lot of the younger crowd drink to much to fast at the pool during the day and are not out after dinner.

Couples does offer one bar at each resort that does not close until the last person has left.

You will have a good time and get your fill of drinking. The last few days you will not be drinking that much just because you will lose interest in drinking.
    Irie Mon