Default CSA Where to stay on our honeymoon?

Hi everyone! My fiance and I are looking into Couples Swept Away for our October 2010 honeymoon.... Is there anyone that can give us a recommendation on where to stay? A friend of a friend told us to reserve a room on the "new" side... but I'm not sure what that means or where it is. Any suggestions/advice would be GREATLY appreciated!!! THANK YOU!

SweptAway was built and opened in the early '90's. Its original charm can be found in what we vets call the "original" side of the resort, which includes the Beachfront Suites, the Atrium Suites, and the Garden Suites; along with the lobby, the Palms complex and the Sports Complex.

In the early 2000's, plans were drawn up, and property procured for a huge addition to the resort to the south of the original resort. Completed in 2007, this includes the Verandah Suites room classifications and the GreatHouse Complex. This addition basically doubled the capacity of the resort.

As to which accommodations will best suit you, that is a tough question to answer. You'll get plent of advice from folks here, but not from me. You'll need to do your own research, and even then, you might not get it right. SweptAway has so much to offer for every taste and every budget.

Good luck!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

We stayed in a Beachfront Verandah suite for our honeymoon and it was great. It all depends on what you want. Many people like the atruim rooms but they do not have a TV or a mini-bar so you need to decide if that is ok with you.

IMHO, the "best" rooms on the resort are the Beachfront suites on the "original" side. They have enormous verandahs, and no T.V. -- I mean, who needs a TV on their honeymoon, right?

They DO have a minibar (which we like, but isn't necessary for us.) They are right on the beach, so they have a spectacular view, and we like the shutters on three sides of the room. You feel like you're sleeping right on the beach.

Enjoy your stay and congratulations!!

V

We stayed in a Garden Verandah last year which I believe is the lowest price of the Verandah rooms and absolutely loved it. We had considered upgrading to a Beachfront suite this year but decided in the end to stick with what we had originally since we are going an extra couple days this time around. I know a lot of people love the older section with no TV's or minibars but we personally liked having the minibar there (for pop or mixing drinks later at night). We also like to unwind a little at night with the TV. Just our preference but guaranteed anything you choose - you will be in paradise! We are now 8 weeks out - can't wait!

Did I hear honeymoon! Just a guess but pretty sure you might want to stay in your ROOM. As for which room whether it be old side or new side depends what you feel are necessities ie mini bar, tv etc if that is important and a must then new side it is. If doing what most do on their respective honeymoons a quite peacefull escape would fit and that is everywhere at coulpes. You really can not go wrong!!!