Default a.m. or p.m. wedding at CSA

Attending CSA 12/5/10 to 12/10/10 for the first time & we will be getting married that week also. I didn't want to have any stress so we will be going alone (we want it very intimate). I have a few questions:
    1) Questioning if we should do the 10:00 or the 4:00 ceremony which is best for pics?
    2) And is it best to go thru a travel agent or just book thru the resort?

Congrats on your upcoming wedding!! You have picked a WONDERFUL place to get married (we were married there Oct 08). I would go for the 10am spot. Everything is much brighter and crisp in the morning. I've seen a difference in pics at the different times you stated. Also, if it rains, it's usually in the afternoon. We were married early so we could have the rest of the day to enjoy! As far a booking, I would go with the best deal. Make sure you book with a good TA. Couples has a list of some. We used one of their platinum status TAs and had no problems.

We were there last June and saw alot of people getting married. I would chose the 10am slot for the simple reason that there were way too many people on the beach at 4pm for it to feel intimate.

I agree withe the other post, do the 10am slot.We loved it as we didn't have to wait around and get more nervous and our pics were stunning.We were blessed with a cloudless gorgeous day and we had the whole day to ourselves to celebrate.Good luck!

Thanks everybody for the great info.

So exciting, congratulations! We were married at CSA in November of 2009, and I too was asking the same questions. Thank goodness to all of the people that replied to my posting and helped me decide. We had our wedding at 11:00, and it was beautiful. Having it earlier in the day is what everyone has said, you beat the heat, great photos and less people on the beach.

We were just married at CN on March 16th. Be ready for the most fabulous day! Couples is truly outstanding. We originally set our ceremony for 4pm and then changed it to 10am. It was the best decision. The water is definitely more gorgeous and vibrant that time of day for photos. It was quite windy the week we were at CN and if we had kept a 4pm ceremony, we would have had to move the ceremony to the gazebo because by the afternoon, the wind was just too gusty to be comfortable on the beach. Also, we enjoyed having breakfast room service together at 6:30am, I then did my makeup and went to my hair appt at the salon at 8am. The ceremony was at 10am and the photos were finished by 11:15am- we were in our bathing suits on the beach relaxing and celebrating by 1pm! It truly was the day of my dreams. To sit around all day nervously until 1 or 2pm and then get ready for a 4pm ceremony, I don't think it would have been the same for us. And we LOVE our photos from the resort photographer. They are gorgeous!

TravelBug- Can you put up a link to your pics or email me. We are getting married at 10 am @ CSA and we will be using the resort photographer along with the matron of honor and her husband taking pics (they do wedding videography and photography). I was wanting to see more of the resort photographers pics.
    I must say that I check this MB more than I check my email, but it's raquell_03@hotmail.com.
    Thanks!

I thought I would add that we were married at 10am and it was still hot.I think it was about 78 or so so be prepared.We were married in February and it was perfect,Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by RB5.14.11 View Post
    TravelBug- Can you put up a link to your pics or email me. We are getting married at 10 am @ CSA and we will be using the resort photographer along with the matron of honor and her husband taking pics (they do wedding videography and photography). I was wanting to see more of the resort photographers pics.
    I must say that I check this MB more than I check my email, but it's raquell_03@hotmail.com.
    Thanks!
    That's what I was going to ask. We are doing a vow renewal at 10am at CSA and I have been trying to find some examples form the resort photographer. Thanks!

I would do the earliest time frame possible. It seems around noon or so the liquid sunshine moves in for short showers, I'd go for early not late.

Hi Melody,

If you post your email address, I'll email you some photos!

Hey there RB5.14.11!
    Please check your Hotmail- I emailed you photos!

Default 4pm

We were married @4pm on 2/27/09 @CSA. It was perfect for us. We married in the garden Gazebo then to the beach for more pics. We finished the pics aroun 5:45. We went to the Martini bar for celebration cocktails and other guests celebrated with us. It was a Friday so we went to the beach dinner. I loved the time slot, it was great fun. JOY

Travelbug~ while you're at it, I would love to see your pics also! My fiance and I are going alone so we are using the resort photographer. were you satisfied?... a_weinmann1727@yahoo.com Thank you