Thread: First Timers!!!

Default First Timers!!!

We will be arriving at CSA on 4/24/10 for our first time!! We are so looking forward to this as we have read many good reviews. We have booked an Atrium room - should we bring a soft cooler for water, beer etc? Will they provide this for us is we ask?Are there really as many bugs as some people say? Is the dress code for men strictly enforced(long pants & shoes)? Any other tips for "first timers" would greatly be appreciated!!!!

A soft sided cooler is easy to pack and would be a good idea for an Atrium room since there is no fridge. They will give you bottles of water at the bars. Not sure that you'll get several bottles, but at least one or 2. There is a store across the street that sells six packs if you are looking for something different for your cooler.

There are bugs, just like any place in the tropics. I strongly recommend bringing "Off" or some other product with DEET to spray, especially at night. I never saw bugs in our room, though, besides the mosquitos (and we got those because I leave the doors open at night).

The dress code for men (long slacks and closed toed shoes) is ONLY FOR FEATHERS. Otherwise, nice shorts will be just fine for any of the other restaurants, including Lemongrass.

Be sure to try the "inclusions", such as the Catamaran cruise and snorkeling. Other resorts charge big bucks for these activities. If you are really adventurous, try the scuba resort dive - again, a wonderful inclusion.

Have fun!

The dress code is only for dining at Feathers... and yes, it is very strictly enforced.

Bugs aren't a problem, except for the sand fleas, which can be a problem around dusk, or after a rainfall. Bring good strength deet (deep woods 90+%) for this.

I wouldn't worry about a cooler for refreshments... you can get what you need any time of day, and most of the night. There is also a pitcher of icewater in the room every night.

My tips... bring "soon come" expectations, and slide into the Jamaican pace! Work hard early on to tune your ear to that enchanting Jamaican patois. And enjoy!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Default First Timers Too!

Quote Originally Posted by spitch54 View Post

We will be arriving at CSA on 4/24/10 for our first time!! We are so looking forward to this as we have read many good reviews. We have booked an Atrium room - should we bring a soft cooler for water, beer etc? Will they provide this for us is we ask?Are there really as many bugs as some people say? Is the dress code for men strictly enforced(long pants & shoes)? Any other tips for "first timers" would greatly be appreciated!!!!
    Hi spitch54!
    We're first timers going Sept 11 - 20th. We've booked a Beachfront Suite ~ splurging for our 10th anniversary. We're renewing our vows on the 16th and my birthday is on the 19th.
    After your first trip, do you have any tips for us? Have you posted pictures?
    Thanks!
    Betsy & Bruce Byrd
    Mobile, AL