Default RastaRalphie brings a smile...

I was just looking at the March Photo Contest entries and came across markleon's entries. We couldn't help but smile when we saw that one of their entries was a photo of our good friend, Rasta Ralphie from the catamaran cruise.

Ralphie is one of our favorite Jamaicans... a hard working boatman, a wonderful, creative musician and entertainer, and true Rastafarian mystic...

It made us happy to see he was still well enough to do what he so enjoys. Thanks to markleon (hope you see this) for making our Sunday!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Ralphie is indeed a legend. There was a photo of him in an issue of Islands magazine a few months ago. I need to get the back issue because I accidently recycled it!!

Yeah, Ralphie does get around, doesn't he? I remember seeing him a couple years back on some MTV reality show (some big gal doing the bachelorette thing on Jamaica... someone heart NY?) He was playing some mood music for the gal and one of her suitors at GL.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

When we disembarked from the catamaran cruise last month we were one of the last off. I looked back and Rasta Ralphie was having a hard time carrying all his stuff through the water. I went back as he had already dropped his shoes and took a few bags off him. We walked up to Seagrapes wall and we had a lovely chat for a few minutes, one of the items rescued was a big bag of fish that the guys on the boat had given him!