19 days and counting! We're excited about our first trip to Couples.
We're going to CN on 4/16 and have a couple(s) questions.
1) We booked directly through Couples and were assigned a flight that arrives at Sangster International Airport at 7:41 PM. What type of traffic conditions do you usually find at that hour on a Friday and what is the normal drive time to CN at that time of day?
2) We probably won't arrive at CN much before 11 PM that night. How does late check-in work?
3) Our return flight is scheduled to depart 8 days later at 8:13 AM from Sangster. How early do the airport shuttles start running from CN? I would assume the traffic is not too heavy at that hour on a Saturday morning. I don't know how much time to allow for check-in and customs. Would the local shuttle (Tim Air?) be a better option?
Thanks in advance for your help. This message board seems to be the place to go for ALL the details.
3) Our return flight is scheduled to depart . . . at 8:13 AM from Sangster. How early do the airport shuttles start running from CN? I would assume the traffic is not too heavy at that hour on a Saturday morning. I don't know how much time to allow for check-in and customs. Would the local shuttle (Tim Air?) be a better option?
We just returned from CN on Wednesday. We always fly Tim Air, but the front desk always overlooks it and schedules our departure as if we were being driven back to the airport. Our flight was scheduled to depart MoBay at 3:02 p.m., and CN had us scheduled to depart at 9:30 a.m., five and one-half hours before our flight. When we pointed out that we were flying on Tim Air at 12:45 p.m., our departure was rescheduled for 12:30 p.m.
Assuming that everyone is scheduled to depart 5.5 hours in advance, you would be scheduled to leave the resort around 2:45 a.m.
I don't know how early Tim Air starts flying, but the flight is 15 minutes long, and Tim Air tries to have you at the airport two hours before your flight departs for home. Since your flight home departs at 8:13 a.m., Tim Air would likely schedule your flight from Negril around 6:00 a.m., and CN would schedule your transfer to the Negril airstrip at approximately 5:45 a.m. You can go to Tim Air's web site, www.timair.com, and inquire whether a plane and pilot would be available early enough for that to be an option for you.
I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).
Your drive to CN will be approx 1-1/2 to 1 hr 45 min. Driving in the dark may slow you down a bit.
We have never ck'd in late, but I would assume you will be hungry, once you get into your room, head down to the Beach Grill for a burger and a drink.
You will receive a checkout package the day before you leave which will tell you what time to be in the lobby for your shuttle to the airport, they usually allow approx 4 hours if not more for travel time and your 2 hour wait at the airport. You are going to be up bright and early for that one.
You are going to love CN, do not miss Otaheite, and check out the hammock in the gardens near the scuba pool at night listening to the tree frogs, peeking throught the palms at the stars!
Saw that there was no answers on this post, and Im not the correct person to do it aswell.. But Im going to give what I have...
1) Traffic is nothing to worry about, since Couples take care of this. You'll get to CN safe and sound :-)
2) We arrived LATE the last time we were there, and it worked as it should.. PERFECTLY ! We were greeted on arrival, got the documents we should fill out.. info on departure and so on... Got Champagne (Read: Sparkling Wine) and a towel to refresh the face and hands :-) We gave our booking info and they did what they're supposed to.. handle it perfectly ! Then, when all was done with the paperwork.. One lovely woman guided us to our room and we asked her tons of questions on the way regarding the possibility for food, drinks etc.. And she answered all my dumb questions :-) After that.. HELLO PARADISE !
3) Since Couples take your Departure info on arrival, they set up a ride to the airport in GOOD TIME before arrival :-) They have done this along time and know what they're doing. Tim Air.. some people love that, but personly, i'd rather stay up close and personal with Jamaica on the last few hours there. Bus rules! ;-)
I'm pretty sure Timair is NOT an option for you. I don't think there are lights on the runway at Negril's airstrip so they can't takeoff or land once it is dark.
As they suggest you arrive at the airport 2 hours before your flight it will be dark when you depart CN on your way home. We left early in the morning from CN on our last visit. It was a nice easy drive.
Normally, you depart CN 4 hrs before your flight. Due to construction around Montego Bay, they've moved this up to (when we were there) 5 hrs and now I'm reading 5.5 hrs.
As I mentioned on another thread, you can ask to leave the resort later (closer to your flight). However, you do so at your own risk. If you miss your flight due to contruction, traffic, an accident, or any other reason, it's your problem. Only you can decide whether that's worth the extra sleep.
This message board has been an invaluable tool to plan for the trip. After following the threads for a few weeks I feel pretty well informed and am even more stoked about the trip.
Thank y'all (I'm from NC) for your help and suggestions. I can tell by all the threads that I've read that this resort attracts some pretty special people. We chose CN because some close friends recommended it. You're responses have further convinced me that we made the right choice.