Default Any CSS Reviews?

Hi all,

I'm a first time couples visitor this coming June and my fiance and I were thrilled to book our stay at CTI. Well, we recently got our vouchers to find that the room we were given was below the one we booked/paid for (Ocean Jr Suite). When the TA looked into it, nobody would take blame/say what happened, and the room we had originally booked was no longer available. To fix the problem, she booked us in a similar/slightly nicer suite at CSS (1 BR beachfront). We were cool with this as people seem to love all the Couples and CSS looks gorgeous on the site.

But, like I did with CTI, I've been reading up on the tripadvisor reviews and am getting quite nervous...I'm seeing LOTS of bad things that I didn't see for CTI. Yeah, not 100 percent of people will ever be happy, but some things are repeated frequently, such as dirty rooms, uncomfortable beds, and getting sick from the food. I'm a pretty chill person so I'm willing to write off the reviews from the high maintenance people who post crap like "my husband didn't like CSS cuz they called him "mon" and not "sir" (come on now!) But, obviously, like anyone else vacationing, I hope we are paying for an enjoyable and comfortable stay.

With that said, who has been recently who can confirm/deny some of the common things I see in the reviews? I would love to hear about your experience.
    Sean & Bekah Walsh

We have been to many 4 and 5 star adults only resorts in the Caribbean over the past four and a half years. We went to CSS the first week of February this year, and loved it so much, we are going back there this Friday for 10 days. Quite simply, it is stunningly beautiful, very romantic, has an excellent staff, and great food. If you check many reviews on Trip Advisor, you will notice that the majority give it a great review, and a 5 out of 5 rating. If you want to know more about the resort, or want us to send you a link to our pictures, please write us at pellis4@cogeco.ca You can put all of your fears to rest, CSS is a wonderful resort!! Paul and Karen
    (Karen&Paul)

We were at CSS last January and loved it (we had been to CSA previously). I have not read any TripAdvisor reviews lately on CSS, so I can't really respond to those. What I CAN tell you is that we also had a one-bedroom beachfront suite. We loved it. The room was spotlessly clean. We thought the bed was comfortable and in good shape, but honestly, I think bed comfort is such a subjective thing. I always sleep like a baby on vacation because everything is so stress free. We were at CSS for 10 nights and did not have any problems with the food (except that we ate too darn much of it). The grounds were beautiful and the staff was excellent. I can't praise CSS highly enough.

You will LOVE CSS. It's very romantic with a lot of places to explore on the resort. The food, in our opinion, is the best of the Couples resorts. We had a Beachfront Suite and loved it. It is very convenient to go to the beach and the restaurant that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. The other real nice restaurant is up on the hill. You also have the beach grill for meals. We found the bed to be very comfortable but everyone is different. We are going back to CSS this July. If you like fillet mignon, be sure to do room service one night and order the fillet and eat on your balcony. It is cooked to perfection and the only Couples resort where you can have dinner in your room. The rooms, staff, food and entertainment are top notch. Relax, nothing to worry about mon.LOL

Thanks so much you all! We are booked in the 1BR beachfront suite.
    Sean & Bekah Walsh

You commented about people getting sick at this resort. Well, there is also a review from a frequent traveler who states this is the only resort where her husband did not get sick ( he has stomach problems). Incidences of people getting sick at a resort can happen at any resort , and it does happen. CSS is a beautiful resort, and you will love it !!

We went 2 times and both were great. We stayed down by the pool and up on the cliff. We couldn't decide which was better. Loved the mineral pool and the view!!!!
    Excellent staff too as usual!

Default Css

I would like to tell you we stayed @ CSS Aug. 8 -15, 2009 for our honeymoon & we had the BEST times of our lives. The property is gorgeous & the staff terrific. Our rooms were very clean as was the whole resort. The food was all very good, we never got sick or even had an upset stomach. I would rate the food clearly better than "banquet food" if you understand what I mean. We are booked & will be back at CSS for 10 nights, Aug. 8 - 17, 2010 & plan on making it a yearly destination. May book Feb. 2011 before 4/15/10 to get in on great discounts. I had some of the same worries when I read some revues, but as you said some people you just can't please, Congratulations on Your wedding & I'm sure your honeymoon is in good hands with the great Couples CSS staff. Say hi to Shellyann for us.
    Gerard & Tammi

Quote Originally Posted by bekahchica View Post
    Hi all,

I'm a first time couples visitor this coming June and my fiance and I were thrilled to book our stay at CTI. Well, we recently got our vouchers to find that the room we were given was below the one we booked/paid for (Ocean Jr Suite). When the TA looked into it, nobody would take blame/say what happened, and the room we had originally booked was no longer available. To fix the problem, she booked us in a similar/slightly nicer suite at CSS (1 BR beachfront). We were cool with this as people seem to love all the Couples and CSS looks gorgeous on the site.

But, like I did with CTI, I've been reading up on the tripadvisor reviews and am getting quite nervous...I'm seeing LOTS of bad things that I didn't see for CTI. Yeah, not 100 percent of people will ever be happy, but some things are repeated frequently, such as dirty rooms, uncomfortable beds, and getting sick from the food. I'm a pretty chill person so I'm willing to write off the reviews from the high maintenance people who post crap like "my husband didn't like CSS cuz they called him "mon" and not "sir" (come on now!) But, obviously, like anyone else vacationing, I hope we are paying for an enjoyable and comfortable stay.

With that said, who has been recently who can confirm/deny some of the common things I see in the reviews? I would love to hear about your experience.
    We were at CSS the first week of March. We had stayed at CSA 4 times and it was our first time to CSS. I have got to tell you that we are hooked on CSS. Everything was perfect from the room to the food to the staff. The property is breath taking and very romatic. You will not be disappointed!

CSS is currently rated the #3 resort in Ocho Rios on Tripadvisor. We were there in 08 after 2 trips to CN, and we are returning to CSS in April.

Just realize a couple things about CSS, there are lots of stairs which in our opinion add to the romantic setting on the cliffs (you have a beachfront room so your experience with the stairs can be limited if you want it to be) and none of the rooms at Couples are what would be considered comparable to the opulence of let's say the Ritz, they are comfortable and clean. We found the food at CSS to be outstanding both in presentation and flavor! The G.M. at CSS is also outstanding his presence is felt everywhere!

No worries, you will love CSS.

Happy Travels,
    Marie

p.s.

I meant to say Congratulations on your upcoming wedding as well. CSS in our opinion is an incredible honeymoon destination, it is so romantic!

Thanks for the info. I'm definitely feeling more at ease reading these
    Sean & Bekah Walsh