Default Air Jamaica when booking thru Couples?

Randymon can probably answer this question. We were looking to book for next year to get the discount and $500 credit thru Couples. We have never done this before. We always go thru a travel agent. We were curious about the airline tickets so we looked at some earlier dates so it would show the airlines available. We did not see anything for Air Jamaica. We like Air Jamaica because they offer good flight times out of Phila. and they are less expensive than USair. Is there a reason why Couples does not offer flights with Air Jamaica?

Quote Originally Posted by BrendaandBruce.PA View Post
    Randymon can probably answer this question. We were looking to book for next year to get the discount and $500 credit thru Couples. We have never done this before. We always go thru a travel agent. We were curious about the airline tickets so we looked at some earlier dates so it would show the airlines available. We did not see anything for Air Jamaica. We like Air Jamaica because they offer good flight times out of Phila. and they are less expensive than USair. Is there a reason why Couples does not offer flights with Air Jamaica?

Air Jamaica is out of business as of April 12th.
    They have been acquired (their routes anyway) by CaribbeanAir.

If you are no opposed to an overnight stay in Baltimore, Murderland you can get good rates out of BWI on AirTran

I can't specifically answer that but wanted to comment that my TA told me Air Jamaica is being taken over by another airline this April (Caribbean air i think?) Something to keep in mind; maybe the transitions aren't all worked outl
    Sean & Bekah Walsh

Air Jamaica is shutting down. Caribbean Air will be taking over the routes but not in Chicago. It is killing us because Air Jamaica had the best flight times for us folks here in Chicago. They got you to MBJ at 10:30 in the morning and you didn't leave to go back until 4:45 PM. They were also the only daily nonstop to MBJ.

I certainly can't speak for Couples, but there's been a lot of Air Jamaica upheaval recently. Here is one of the threads about it: http://couplesjamaica.biz/mb/showthr...ht=air+jamaica

Quote Originally Posted by blueseagolf View Post

If you are no opposed to an overnight stay in Baltimore, Murderland you can get good rates out of BWI on AirTran
    Ouch.....we're flying out of there to Couples in June...seeing as how we live in MD. lol. The good news is, BWI isn't actually *in" Baltimore. I prefer it to my neighboring DC airports!
    Sean & Bekah Walsh

We realize Air Jamaica is going out of business but Caribbean Airlines is taking them over and supposedly, they are keeping the Air Jamaica logo on the planes for now. We are flying Air Jamaica this July, nonstop from Phila to Mobay. We arrive in Jamaica at 8:30 AM and should be on the beach by lunch. So I guess the next question is will Couples use Caribbean Airlines?

Hi rjammin,

I too am from Chicago. Since Air Jamaica has went out of business, who is the next best option? I don't think anyone else go to MBJ non-stop from Chicago.

spice505,
    I read another thread that American Airlines flies nonstop on Saturday's and USA3000 on Thursdays & Sundays. I haven't checked it out though.

We are booked in February 2011 on Air Jamaica from Philadelphia, no problem booking it and we always fly first class with them. As long as you pay with a good credit card like American Express you will not lose your money!

I can confirm the American Air out of O'Hare on Saturdays. That's what we're taking this year. Works out perfectly for us as Sat to Sat is normally what we book anyway. Have flown the USA3000 route once many years ago and was also very pleased with them. They just don't tend to have flights the dates we want. If they did, I'd jump on it though - good rates, non-stop, all around good experience with them.

Recent newspaper articles report that Air Jamaica will become Carribean Airlines after April 12, 2010.

Flyers BEWARE OF CHANGES

http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/glean...business1.html

spice505 - American Airlines does fly out of O'Hare Saturdays at 8:30 AM (we booked with them for our upcoming April trip when Air Jamaica cut out their Chicago routes before going bankrupt). But Saturdays are the only day they do fly to Montego Bay. I believe rjammin is correct and that USA3000 does fly nonstop out of O'hare on Thursdays & Sundays. Hope this helps!

Quick note.....the current Chicago USA3000 nonstops are seasonal....no help for us fall travelers. Route map link:

http://www.usa3000.com/map.htm

we are flying out in nov. and us 3000 is leaving non stop from ohara. it is the only one. it is out on sundays. the times are not good to come home. you lose all of sunday