Default First Time to CN

We are going to be at CN April 23 - April 30. I first want to say "Thanks" to everyone who has asked a question that I would or wanted to ask...and to all of the answers. I have learned so much. I do have a couple of questions that I have not seen on the message board...or I have missed them.

1. Will I need a converter for my hair dryer...I am coming to Jamaica from Indpls., IN?

2. Are all of the restaurants open everyday?

No converters assuming you're coming from the US.

Not all restaurants are open every day for dinner. Otaheite closes on Mondays for the Repeaters' dinner. Lychee is closed Saturday (I think). Heliconia is also closed at least one day per week (Sunday??). As I recall, Cassava is always open but, sometimes they have a buffet and sometimes it's a la carte. I think there are 4 buffets each week.

The result is that you typically have a choice among 3 restaurants each evening.

No need for converters, and as the poster mentioned above, you'll have at least several choices each night.

Please bring some nice clothing, the restaurant you need to make reservations for (I forget the name) doesn't allow jeans or casual clothing. We weren't able to dine in here because I didn't pack nice pants for my husband. Fail!

We will also be there the 23rd- 30th. This is our first trip. We are coming for a LONG winter in Wisconsin. I am so excited.

My question would be, What is the best way to call home?
    I know this has been addressed on here before but I failed to write it down at the time.

you won't need a convertor and the restaurants all close at least
    one day a week

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    1. Will I need a converter for my hair dryer...I am coming to Jamaica from Indpls., IN?

2. Are all of the restaurants open everyday?
    .....(1) You can use your hair dryer everywhere but the bathroom (WHY???). The bathroom has some funky outlet. Also, there IS a hair dryer built in for the bathroom.

(2) Each restaurant is closed 1 day of the week. But different days.

We got an international plan for our cell phones. You can cancil it after you return, depending on your carrier. We have AT&T. You will love it.

If you have an international cell phone, that's probably the easiest and best way. I defer to others on the cost and use of prepaid cards vs. calling through hotel, etc.

As for "nice" clothes . . . no need to dress up unless you want to. Khaki pants/chinos for the guys and a collared shirt (e.g., polo) are fine. No jeans, no shorts, nothing obviously torn. And closed-toed shoes -- no sandals. And that is only for Otaheite. You can wear shorts and T-shirts in the other restaurants at dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    . . . . Are all of the restaurants open everyday?
    Cassava Terrace offers ala carte dining for dinner on Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday. On Monday, Thursday, and Saturday, dinner at the Cassava Terrace is a buffet.

Otaheite Restaurant is open for dinner every evening except Monday.

Heliconia is open for dinner every evening except Saturday.

Lychee is open for dinner every evening except Thursday.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).