Default CSS Room Recommendations

We are currently reserved in a 1 BR beach front. The other room open is the Deluxe Ocean Verandah. Does anyone have any preference? We've heard great things about the Deluxe Ocean and are wondering if we should switch. We have no problem with steps. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Jeto,

This is a very subjection question, everyone has their own opinions. I will attempt to break it down for you as best I can.

First of all, the 360 degree views of the rooms in this website do look exactly as the rooms do. Make sure you view all of them if you have not already.

The main draw to the beachfront rooms is the location. They are not "beachfront" meaning they are not "on" the beach they are actually located behind the main pool on beach level. These rooms are centrally located because they are beach level to the beach, main pool, the Beach Grill, which becomes Bella Vista in the evening, and Pallazina where Breakfast, lunch and dinner is served. The only restaurant you will have to go "up" for is Casanova. The other attraction to the Beachfront Rooms is that they also have a jacuzzi. The bedroom is separate from the little Living area making them a true suite.

Now what some view as a plus others may view as a negative.... bear that in mind which is why I say this is a subjective question.

The Verandah rooms are not suites, they are rooms, meaning no separate living area, more of a true hotel room.

The Ocean Suites do not have balconies.

The One Bedroom Ocean Suite w/balcony is the other room I believe you are talking about. They are the rooms with the large living area, separate bedroom and large balcony with the double chaise or two chaise loungers and table and chairs.

We were lucky enough in 08 because of the size of our group to tour all room categories except the Cottage.

Now, having said all of the above, having stayed in a One Bedroom Ocean Suite w/balcony last trip, even having seen all of the room categories waffled over the decision between One Bedroom Ocean Suite w/balcony and Beachfront Jacuzzi Suite.......for a minute.

We decided again in our opinion that we did not mind the stairs, we loved the size of the suite, the size of the balcony and the views that came along with it. We liked being up in the cliffs, and felt we experienced more of the resort by being up there. Again what some view as a negative we viewed as all positives, and we rebooked that category again for April.

Be careful review the rooms to be sure of what category you are looking at.

It is all in what you really feel suits you.
    No bad decisions here.

Happy Travels,
    Marie

I haven't been there yet - we are going in October. But I've read lots of reviews, and the beachfront isn't really on the beach - you have to pass the lawn to get to the beach. I've heard the deluxe ocean offers much better views. So if you don't mind walking more (up and down stairs), you'll get a much better view. CSS is the only place you'd want to pay more, since they are literally on the beach.
    We are booking the ocean view - hoping for building D or G. We are waiting until Wednesday - the last day of the sale, and hopefully CSS will be the resort with the Wednesday special!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeto View Post
    We are currently reserved in a 1 BR beach front. The other room open is the Deluxe Ocean Verandah. Does anyone have any preference? We've heard great things about the Deluxe Ocean and are wondering if we should switch. We have no problem with steps. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    We have stayed in both the 1 BR beachfront and rooms in D block where the Deluxe Ocean Verandah are located. They are also in E,F &G.
    The rooms there are much quieter then the beachfront rooms and have much better views. That being said you cannot go wrong with any room @ CSS

Default Room Recommendations

Thank you to everyone for their input.