Default How far is hedo from csa?

We have some friends staying at hedo the same week we are at csa and I wondered how far away it was. Is it within walking distance? I know it is near the "S" negril resort.

Its about 3 or 4 km north of SweptAway... you could walk it along the beach for quite a way... but part of it would have to be by road.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Chris - I think you can make the most of the way by beach, if you're willing to wade in the water, and walk around the fence at the end of the "S" property. We've run up/down there many a time. The big problem is between Couples and Hedo or "S", there isn't really anywhere to stop and have a beer with them. You can't go onto the Hedo property, and they can't come to Couples. Better to have them walk down to CSA, and then you can meet on the beach, and walk up to Margaritaville or a local bar to visit and have a drink.

Having walked from S Negril down to Negril town for 15 years, you can definitely walk to Hedo on the beach without going in the water! There is a short little part on a path just off the beach. It's only about a mile and a half. Beautiful walk! Enjoy it!

You can definately walk the beach to Hedo from CSA. Our first trip to CSA we took a walk(to the right facing the water),and not knowing what resorts we were passing through,were kind of surprised when we noticed everyone was nude at one point. Guess we hadn't noticed right away the catamarans with Hedonism written on the sails.lol As I think someone else mentioned, there is one part where instead of walking on sand you'll have to walk a little path, not a problem at all.
    Cosmos is one place that you and your friends can meet that's between the two resorts. Good food and good drinks, also has a nice beach.

It's just far enough!!

I'd also caution you to avoid taking a purse or jewelry with you if you make that trip.... when we were at CSA 8 years ago a german couple got mugged on the beach between CSA and Hedonism. There is a pretty good stretch of beach with just ocean, beach and jungle. I local came out of the jungle and wanted the ladies purses (we were told he had a machetti).... They had a guy with them (he was in his 60's) and get got a bump on the head and a cut on the chest..... Local police recovered the purses a short time later -- minus the money/jewelry. I was there -- this did happen.... bottom line -- just be smart when you are walking around off the resort.

Oh -- if you want to go to Hedonism and know how to sail -- take a hobie-cat from CSA and sail down there.... you can't come ashore, but you can sail by.... we've done that several times... -- it's fun....

I would think that the security is better now than it was 8 years ago, but you never do know. We run that stretch of beach in the mornings, and it can be pretty deserted. We don't bring/wear jewelry, but we do have iPods. As always, be careful no matter where you go.

That's a no-go on the HobieCat. I was curious last year about a reef they were putting down up the shore from SweptAway, and decided to sail up to get a closer look. When the watersports guys saw I wasn't turning about within eyesight, they sent the waterski skiff to tell me it was time to do so.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Its about 3 or 4 km north of SweptAway... you could walk it along the beach for quite a way... but part of it would have to be by road.
    You can get all the way to hedo on the beach, there is a path for that section between the public beach and sandals.