Default AJ Carry on luggage

Air Jamaica Announces Strict Enforcement of One Piece of carry-on luggage
    7/8/2009

Kingston, July 8, 2009 – Air Jamaica announces strict enforcement of the Civil Aviation Authority regulation of one piece of carry-on luggage per passenger, which includes liquor purchased at In-Bond stores.

With immediate effect, Air Jamaica will no longer permit passengers to board with liquor cartons in addition to their allotted one piece carry-on luggage. Carry-on luggage in excess of the one piece allotment per passenger, will not be permitted beyond the boarding gate, and as a result might not be accommodated on the flight.

Passengers are reminded that the following items are permitted in the cabin free of charge and are in addition to the one carry-on piece:
    • Walking stick, cane or crutches
    • Collapsible umbrella-type child stroller
    • Handbag or pocketbook
    • Small camera or binoculars
    • Infant bag or carry baskets
    • Briefcase/Attaché case, or Laptop computer with case

All flights will continue to feature Air Jamaica’s generous baggage allowance of two free pieces of checked luggage per passenger in Lovebird Economy Class and three free pieces per passenger in Lovebird Executive Class. Passengers should ensure that all bags meet the maximum weight and size requirements.

For further baggage information, other Air Jamaica services or to make reservations, call Air Jamaica at 1-888-FLY-AIRJ (359-2475) or visit the website at www.AirJamaica.com.

Air Jamaica’s new summer schedule has 246 weekly flights to 13 destinations, with service between Jamaica and Toronto, New York (JFK), Chicago (O’Hare), Baltimore, Philadelphia, Orlando, Fort Lauderdale, Havana, Curacao and Nassau, as well as service between New York and Barbados and New York and Grenada.

Default air Jamaica luggage rules

How come they have stopped people from bringing home liquor in the boxes? you would think that all the money that is spent in Jamaica is a bonus to the ecomomy. Can you have a carry on and put the box of liquor in the carryon?
    Diane

Sounds to me like they are just having trouble stowing all that liquor on board. I didn't read this announcement that you couldn't carry liquor on board, just that you can't have more than one carry-on. So, if you're bringing home liquor and want to carry it on, it should be placed inside your carry-on, or used as your one carry-on.

I wonder that too since you can't have liquid if you are flying FROM the US.

I think the key words are being overlooked

With immediate effect, Air Jamaica will no longer permit passengers to board with liquor cartons in addition to their allotted one piece carry-on luggage. Carry-on luggage in excess of the one piece allotment per passenger, will not be permitted beyond the boarding gate, and as a result might not be accommodated on the flight.

It does not look to me like they are telling you you can't have the boxes as carry on.What it says it if you are buying the boxes, THAT is your carry on.
    All they are doing is enforcing the one piece of carry on per person. And it really is about time. We have been on flights home from Jamaica where it looks like some passengers are carrying on everything but the kitchen sink.

We just returned from CN and flew Air Jamaica into Chicago. When we checked in at the ticket counter we were told that if we bought anything it would have to fit into our carry-on or we would be charged $75. I flipped out - what about my rum cream?!?! So - we only bought what we could shove into the limited space we had left in our carry-ons. Before boarding the flight they made several people check extra "stuff" mostly bags, larger carry-ons and some bigger souvenirs. People DID carry on the liquor boxes. I was mad!!!! If I had only known...........
    Cindy