Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thanks Bilkat !! What about for dinner? Are shorts allowed then?

We didn't try dinner at Palazzina. Room service, Casanova, Beach Party, gala, etc. but not at Palazzina. Anyone else have an answer for Renee?

Bilkat

Yes, dressy shorts are allowed at Palazzina, my husband asked one of the fellows that work there and he said that it's fine now.
    (Karen&Paul)

Renee - We were at CSS last year and ate dinner at Pallazzina several times. Bob wore dressy shorts for dinner with a nice polo shirt and boat shoes.

Thank you for the replies everyone !!!

Default July 2010 Visit

I am returning to CSS to celebrate my 1 year anniversary with my wife. We spent our honeymoon at this resort and absolutely loved it. We cant wait to return in two weeks to enjoy the environment Jamaica has to offer. CSS is amazing and the tours from the resort are amazing as well. We are trying to decide what tours to sign up for this year. Any suggestions? We have already done Dunns river, swim with the dolphins, stingrays,etc, and a shopping tour. We are interested in any of the following: zip line, horseback riding, four wheeler riding, etc. Thanks and you cant go wrong visiting Jamaica and specially staying at CSS.

Default Oh No! How to choose now?!?!

Has anyone here been to more than one Couples resort? I've been to what is now called Tower Isle and I LOVED it, but my husband prefers the Negril side of the Island. I was thinking either SA or SS. Any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by NinaK View Post
    Just got back to Maine from 1 week in Paradise aka Couples Sans Souci! This was my husband and mine's honeymoon, first trip to Jamaica and to an AI resort. If I am all over the place forgive me, still adjusting getting back to reality. Going to review our trip for everyone so here goes.....

The drive from Montego Bay was a breeze, long but you get to see parts of Jamaica that you may not otherwise.
    Arrived and was warmly greeted with a glass of champagne and a cool towel.
    Our room was not going to be ready that night (Orignally booked Block A). So they asked if we wouldn't mind staying in a different room for 1 night in G Block. With this they also gave us a $200 spa credit to use. We didn't mind at all. We actually ended up liking the "new room" Which was G16. It overlooked the mineral pool and got to see lots of ocean!! We liked it so much we stayed in this room for the full week! No problem!

**Food
    Pallazina for breakfast, lunch and dinner. My husband and I were always pleased wth the food.
    Casanova - Delicious sums it up!!
    Beach party - Buffet style, very pretty and again food was good!
    Starlight Gala - The set up is beautiful, all the lights, and the food was delicious
    Beach Bar and Grill - Good pub like food, burgers, fries etc....
    In-Room Dining - Good food, what I liked most were the staff that brought it to us. They were all SOOO nice!

**Spa - I am not one who likes to get massages, I've had them before but never really a fan. While at Sans Souci I had 2!!! I got Kenneth each time. Who again was so nice, and made me a fan of getting a massage!

**Bars - We hung out most days in the main pool so most drinks we got were at the swim up bar. However we did go to the Beach bar and the Balloon Bar and were always greeted with a smile and a "No Problem"

**Beach - Was nice, I don't really like the ocean so we didn't spend too much time here.

**Grounds - I cannot say enough about this property. This place is BEAUTIFUL!!!! So many nooks & crannies to explore. Everyday we would see something new and pretty!!

**Employees - Cannot say enough about the staff at Sans Souci! Every single person we came in contact with the moment we arrived were unbelievably nice. Reception, guest services, bartenders, wait staff, housekeeping, One guy that maintain the grounds - he offered to take our picture while he was working!! Couldn't believe it!!! The entertainment staff were great! From dancing for us, getting us to dance they were all a blast!!

I hope this helps anyone who may be deciding which Couples to pick. I may be forgetting some things, so do not hesitate to ask me!
    We are already making plans to go back!! My husband wants to try Tower Isle next time, but I had such an amazing time at Sans Souci I don't know if I could EVER go anywhere else!!!
    Either way I know we will stick with Couples Resorts!!!!
    Any photos of view from G16? and was it quiet?

My husband and I will be going to CSS in about a week. When we get off the plane where do we go to get the ground transportation that is provided by CSS? Any help is appreciated. Can't wait to be there. This will be our first vacation without kids in a very long time.

Clear immigration, get your bags, clear customs and you will then be directed to the Couples lounge. Check in with the transportation staff and the next thing you know you will be boarding a van/bus for your trip to your Couples resort. Your Couples vacation has begun!

this was very good, put some of my questions to rest.

teachmath2 - my husband and I were at CSS July 17 - 23 and we did the dune buggy tour through Chukka. It was so fun. But you do get dirty - very muddy, especially if it has rained and the puddles are full. Then you get to swim in the river to rinse off, and back for some more driving. But don't worry - there's a shower at the end to get cleaned up. I don't usually like to get dirty, but I had a blast on this!!!!

Thanks for the review! I'm going to Jamaica for the first time in Novemeber and staying at CSS. Can't wait! It will be my honeymoon as well!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2