Default CN was wonderful, now we want to try CSS?

We returned from CN last week and enjoyed it so much we are thinking about trying CSS, what are you thoughts? If we enjoyed CN will we enjoy CSS as much?

Is the food at CSS as good as CN? I know the beach is better at CN but that will not be a deciding factor in our choice. The room at CSS look much nicer than CN, we loved our room at CN so this is just another bonus for us.

Are there any sun lounger issues at CSS? The people we spoke to who stayed at CSA said this was a big issue for them, and unless you were up and out by 8am you had trouble finding a free lounger, this was not the case at CN.

Your thoughts?

My wife and I too started at CN, went there twice, then went to CSS. If you loved CN, you will love CSS just as much. Answers to your questions: the food is just as good at CSS as CN. Yes, the beach is probably better at CN, but not enough for us to detract from the experience. The only problem is if you absolutely have to have a long walk on the beach...can't do that at CSS, but it's just as beautiful and enjoyable otherwise. We did think the rooms were much nicer at CSS; bigger and not quite as worn as CN, so that is definitely a plus. We never had a problem with loungers, and are not early risers. Finding one under an umbrella can be an issue, but just getting one was not.

On to other differences you didn't mention/ask about. The grounds at CSS are more lush as well as more sprawling then at CN. This means more walking if you want to avail yourself of the entire resort. There are also a lot of stairs, as a good portion of the resort is built on cliffs. Depending on the room you get, you may have to climb up and down these steps several times a day to get to most of the resort. However, since it's such a relaxing vacation, we didn't find that to be a hassle, you just take your time and it's not a big deal.
    Finally, the only other big difference we found was with the entertainment staff. We felt that the activities (games and other things) were more plentiful and also more attended at CN then at CSS. If that's hugely important, you might prefer CN. However, they do still have these types of events/games (pool volleyball, bocce ball, etc.) and it winds up being what you make of it.

If you want the bottom line, as I said, we went to CN twice, loved it both time, even got engaged there, and didn't think any other vacation we've had lived up to the experience, and we've been to many other vacation spots (St. Lucia, Aruba, Bermuda, Hawaii, etc.). Last year, we wanted a variety, but loved Couples so much we decided our variety would be going to a different resort and chose CSS. Well, we're going back to CSS again this May, so that should tell you how much we enjoyed it.

Go ahead and book CSS...you won't be sorry you tried it!

I have been to all 4 resorts, love them all for different reasons. Food at CSS is just as good as CN, service was outstanding, and the grounds were truly breathtaking. I've never had a lounge issue at any of the resorts, I am on the beach by 8am, that's my favorite time of day at the beach.
    The resorts are all so different in style, but the service and food at all are outstanding. With my job I can and do stay at all types of resorts, some of the best and some of the worst, I have returned to some, but not as many times as I have returned to Couples. I always tell people if you are looking for the glitz, marble,and endless pools, you are not going to find it here. But if you want excellent food, excellent service, with the staff knowing your name by the second day,glorious beaches and funky chic rooms then you will find it at one of the Couples Resorts. Try CSS, you'll never regret it.

Try what we are doing...we can't imagine going all the way to Jamaica without going to CN. This past January we ended up at CN for 7 days and then 5 at CTI. We are getting ready to book next year and going to do the same thing but split with CSS this time. They will drive you between the resorts and send you off with water and a snack. Plus it feels like a whole new vacation! I can't wait!!!

Absolutely try it!!!! We did CN in 06 and 07 LOVED it! Tried CSS in 08, and are returning to CSS in April.

Posters above have stated differences, so I will not repeat them.

I will say I love Otaheite, and the Pumpkin Soup there, but I also love the food at CSS, and enjoy the room service option as well.

Expect different but wonderful!

My wife and I married at CTI in 2005 and returned for our 1st anniversary in 2006. Went to CN in 08 and CSS in 09. We have enjoyed all three resorts for different reasons and would return to all three. That said there is something special about CSS. We were just there in December and loved how romantic and beautiful the resort is compared to the other 2 we've been to...not that the others weren't really romantic as well. The beach is a real disappointment as far as shallow water and seaweed except for the au natural beach which was very nice in comparison. The ONE issue that we had with CSS was the food. I know that most people on here will think I am crazy but my wife and I are real foodies and have ALWAYS immensely enjoyed nearly all a la carte dinners at the other Couples resorts. We only had one memorable meal at CSS and were truly disappointed by what seemed to us like normal resort fare...something we were not used to with couples and had not experienced on our previous 3 visits in the past 4 years. My wife can and does cook far better than the food we had at CSS and she is the first to admit that CN and CTI are as good or better. It was so noticeable that it is worth mentioning. We aren't super fussy but the food could not begin to compare with CTI or CN..at least the 8 days we were there. It's really the ONLY thing holding us back from going to CSS again. Other than the food it is our favorite but gourmet a la carte is very important to us and we LOVED the food at CN and CTI so may go back there just for that aspect.

I think this is interesting...I also have only been to CN and the only other Couples property that appeals to me is CSS. I am not even sure why - but I guess looking at the pics! So we are going to CN in 23 days and then to CSS this October. It will seem new and fun but all the comforts of home at the same time. Can't wait!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tupperitaville View Post
    I think this is interesting...I also have only been to CN and the only other Couples property that appeals to me is CSS. I am not even sure why - but I guess looking at the pics! So we are going to CN in 23 days and then to CSS this October. It will seem new and fun but all the comforts of home at the same time. Can't wait!!
    If you love CN it is hard to not love CSS, just realize there are lots of steps, and the beach is not going to compare, but CSS has surprises to explore around every corner, the rooms rock, the feeling of the place is pure romance, it is very different yet still very much Couples. ENJOY! We almost had to flip a coin this trip, we are taking 2 couples with us who were with us at CN in 06, so we desperately wanted them to experience CSS. That was the decision maker this trip!

By all means try CSS..After you try CSS then you will have a major problem...Will CN or CSS be #1 in your heart or will you be like me and make room in your heart for both of them?

We are going to CN April 10-17 and then CSS April 17-24.

SO yes,try CSS.

I must say that I agree with the canadian hoser, eh?....While the food at CSS to us was great....We favored the fare at CN a bit better..I don't, however NOT like any of our meals at CSS...I would definitely still recommend CSS and CN equally to anyone...We had better staff interaction at CSS, and better food/drink at CN, bottom line...some of the specifics are....CN: Red Stripe & RS Light at all the bars, CSS didn't have Light CN:drink menus prevalent w/ daily specials and highly knowledgable barkeeps,CSS had all the ingredients without the flair..CN:breakfast omelet station had crab meat,CSS, no...a big deal for the wife...and, we also felt that the "any time of day or night" food choices were more evident at CN...even if it just meant grabbing a plate of nachos(didn't find em at CSS)..to be fair, I just have to say that this is JUST my opinion based on our palate/preferences. Both properties are superb, both have nice beaches, but, CN's will make your jaw drop in awe..

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_hoser View Post
    My wife and I married at CTI in 2005 and returned for our 1st anniversary in 2006. Went to CN in 08 and CSS in 09. We have enjoyed all three resorts for different reasons and would return to all three. That said there is something special about CSS. We were just there in December and loved how romantic and beautiful the resort is compared to the other 2 we've been to...not that the others weren't really romantic as well. The beach is a real disappointment as far as shallow water and seaweed except for the au natural beach which was very nice in comparison. The ONE issue that we had with CSS was the food. I know that most people on here will think I am crazy but my wife and I are real foodies and have ALWAYS immensely enjoyed nearly all a la carte dinners at the other Couples resorts. We only had one memorable meal at CSS and were truly disappointed by what seemed to us like normal resort fare...something we were not used to with couples and had not experienced on our previous 3 visits in the past 4 years. My wife can and does cook far better than the food we had at CSS and she is the first to admit that CN and CTI are as good or better. It was so noticeable that it is worth mentioning. We aren't super fussy but the food could not begin to compare with CTI or CN..at least the 8 days we were there. It's really the ONLY thing holding us back from going to CSS again. Other than the food it is our favorite but gourmet a la carte is very important to us and we LOVED the food at CN and CTI so may go back there just for that aspect.
    This is surprising to me, although I will admit I truly miss the Pumpkin Soup at Otaheite, (there is just something very special about Otaheite) I felt the food at CSS was quite good, the only place we did not eat the week we were there was Bella Vista. There was an appetizer at Casanova with Scallops, Calamari, and Shrimp in a puff pastry to die for, and I am not a big dessert lover, but I loved the Creme Brulee at Pallazina we also enjoyed the Room Service Filet. We were extremely impressed with the presentation at CSS compared to CN. Maybe a bad week??? We return to CSS in April, I'll post upon our return. I too, LOVE food, it is a very important part of our trip as well.

Like you, we have been to CN last Nov. foe my daughter's wedding. Now heading for CSS this Oct.