Default CSA in 4 More Days....Hopefully!!!!

Well as we hopefully prepare to depart (see more on this below), I again want to say how helpful these boards have been. Since booking our trip in January, I've continued to visit 2 to 3 times a day just to browse. I continue to pick up great tips. Just today someone posted that the A/C at CSA is in celcius and to know what the conversion is. I like my room, be it winter or summer, to be set at 72 degrees. So I looked that up and I now know to set my A/C at CSA to 22.22 degrees celcius for a week of comfort. Just small tips like that can be priceless. Being type A, I've organized a sheet of tips by subject from arriving at the airport to some of the recommended dishes at the restaurants. So beginning Saturday, if you're walking by the GreatHouse and you hear a little Jimmy Buffett playing from the iPod , stick your head in the door and say "Hello GoPanthers, we'll see you down on the beach for a cold drink."

That being said, we won't know until tomorrow if we'll be able to make this particular trip. My wife's mother was once again diagnosed with breast cancer last week after 17 years of being cancer free. Fortunately they caught it early and she meets with the surgeon today. Depending on when the surgery is scheduled for, we might have to cancel and re-schedule for a later date. I'm fortunate to, after much debate, have purchased the trip insurance and they were great when I called them to ask a few questions and get a claim form....just in case.

Given the circumstances, I feel a bit selfish being concerned about our trip, but I am hopeful that it works out for everyone...that we'll be able to go on our trip and that my mother-in-law will once again beat this cancer and have successful surgery. Luckily my wife's sister has planned a trip down to visit her mom well before we knew about any of this. So if we are gone for a few days, she'll still have a family member close by.

In the meantime, I'll ask for your thoughts and prayers.

I pray that everything works out okay with your MIL. She beat once before, she can do it again. I also hope it works out where you and your wife can still take your trip to CSA. It's exactly what she needs at a time like this. Everything will work out for the good. My thoughts and prayers with are with your family.

Our prayers are certainly with you , your wife and especially your mother-in-law.We also share your appreciation for all the help from this Board. We researched our trip last April and booked in May so have worn out our old eyes reading this board

Thanks to all you people for the helpful tips and info.

And to GoPanthers let`s hope and pray that we`ll share a drink together as that will mean good news for Mom. We`ll be at CSA Aril 2-16.

Hey gopanthers. We're here now (first time) and loving it. What are some of your "must see/eat/do tips". We're right beside the great house in one of the verandah suites. We're here until April 8 and we're still trying to figure it all out, but we're having a blast.
    Hope your MIL is OK, my best friend is going through it right now. She won't have her surgery until I get home, though.

Just a quick update.....we will be making the trip to CSA in just 3 days!!!! My mother-in-law found out yesterday that she will have a lumpectomy on Tuesday. While we will be gone, my wife's sister and brother-in-law will be in town from Michigan and we will definitely make sure to be in touch on Tuesday to make sure everything went OK. This was the best case scenario of a bad situation. Hopefully my wife will be able to relax as much as possible but I'm sure they'll be some worry Monday night and Tuesday until she knows everything is OK back home.

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers. We sincerely appreciate them.

Our prayers are with. If you make it down to couples we will be there Monday in the BFVS. I love Jimmy Buffet so I will be listening for it. We just went to his concert in Florida.
    Melissa and Lee

I hope everything works out well! What a scary time for all of you but at the same time it's hard to just stop being excited about something you have looked forward to like this. Thankfully it was caught early! We will pray that she wins this battle and in a timely manner!

I'm sorry to hear about your MIL. I hope you are able to make your trip. We'll be there April 8-16th and would love to share a drink!

Power of prayer is a strong thing. I know I will and pretty sure each and everyone will have you and your MIL in our thoughts and prayers on tuesday with high hopes that everything turns out successful.