Default Transporting Wedding Dress

I am getting married January 11, 2012, can't believe how fast time has went, only52 days, now I am starting to freak out on all these details.
    Can I get some input and any advice on how others have transported their wedding dress on the flight.
    Thank you in advance.....

They would not let me hang it in a closet so I laid it in top of other stuff in the overhead bin. Luckily my dress was not a large pouffy dress. I just hung it up at CSA and it was fine. No worries.

I carried mine on in its bag, then placed it in the overhead compartent on top of my carry-on. It was fine. Some airlines will actually put it in a closet for you.

My airline (Delta) couldn't guarantee a closet, so I put my dress in its own carry on bag. I rolled the dress up as nicely as I could using tissue paper between the folds. It didn't wrinkle at all

Thank you all....

I am getting married on 4/19/12 at CTI and I am flying Caribbean Airlines. Because I am flying business class I am able to hang my dress up. but if I was flying economy they said I would have to put it up top.

My little brother and dad literally wrapped my dress up and stuffed it into a duffel bag to carry on. I hung it up and ran the hot water when we got there and it's good as new. Well at least untill I got into the water with it. hehe

I have a question for everyone...what type of garment bag (or duffel! lol!) did you use/are you planning to use for your dress?

I was thinking actual suitcase type garment bag but wondered if a basic cloth garment bag would be sufficient? I'd rather spend $20 vs $100 but also want my dress well protected and not viewable by the man until the big day

Thanks!!
    http://tinypic.com/a/19if6/3 - pix from CSA 8/18-8/25

I was just thinking about this the other day....we leave for Jamaica on May 14th and I was planning on putting my dress in my carry on suitcase. Glad to have all of the input!

Let me just say Couples Negril rocked. My wedding was perfect. On transporting dress...I put mine in a carry-on
    suitecase which it fit in perfect. My problem was that my dress was pretty creased when I got it from David's
    Bridal and thought I would just worry about it when I got to the resort. If it would have been all pressed prior it would
    made it there without wrinkles. I tried the shower and had also brought my own mini steamer. I ended up having the
    resort send it out. I got it back the same day and they did a great job. It only cost me $30.00. The suitcase
    worked so well because then you did not have to carry something, just roll it. Congrats all and Couples takes care
    of everything so well.

I am planning on carrying my dress in a garment bag. My dress came with a clear garment bag, so I had to switch with a friend of mines, now i have a pink non-see through cloth garment bag so it's all good! I didn't think about putting it in a suitcase, I think that would be more of a pain in my opinion. I'm planning on purchasing a travel steamer to take with me. I was told it would be $60 to have your dress steamed/pressed.

I was able to hang my dress in the closet on Delta. When I got to CSA they asked if I needed the dress steamed, but it was fine.