Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Baseball Caps

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    13

    Default Baseball Caps

    My husband doesnt have much hair left and religiously wears nice khaki baseball caps such as polo, tommy bahama, etc, so he doesnt look too old next to me, lol. Do any of the restaurants allow the men to wear them at night? He wanted me to ask...I swear, I am not that shallow! Thanks

  2. #2

    Default

    I'm thinking that the more casual restaurants wouldn't mind, like the beach grill and possibly the buffet. But I'm inclined to think it would be out of place for the others and I don't recall ever seeing someone wearing a ball cap during dinner. Though I'm not sure if they'd ask him to actually remove it.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014

    CB - 2015


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    770

    Default

    Um.... no. It would really not be appropriate to wear a baseball cap (or ANY hat) at dinner. Would he wear the hat at dinner at home?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    307

    Default

    Kayakchick,

    I've seen men wearing hats during lunch at the buffet or the grill. I don't remember seeing men wear hats during dinner. IMO, bald is beautiful!!!!!!













    One Love,
    Mya

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    323

    Default

    tell daddy he will be fine the less casual ones are ok to wear caps and or hats the ones that require or have a dress code I dont think it would work unless it is maybe a fidora (SP) or the likes and even then a gentleman would take his hat off at the table at least that is what us texans do.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    483

    Default

    I really doubt that anyone would ask him to take it off

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    665

    Default

    No, not at dinner - unless you are at the grill, depending where you are staying----each hotel has one.

    We have seen men in caps, tank tops and and flip flops in the Buffets at dinner, but it's not common.
    Last edited by WandA; March 31st, 2010 at 01:11 PM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vee View Post
    Um.... no. It would really not be appropriate to wear a baseball cap (or ANY hat) at dinner. Would he wear the hat at dinner at home?
    Yes, he would wear it at home, lol! Probably the only time he doesnt wear it is at weddings. We actually live in TX and he never has any issues with wearing it around here and we go to nice restaurants often. Obviously, if he is in a suit, he will not wear it. So thanks for the feedback! I will let him know that he will probably not get to wear it at night.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KayakChick View Post
    My husband doesnt have much hair left and religiously wears nice khaki baseball caps such as polo, tommy bahama, etc, so he doesnt look too old next to me, lol. Do any of the restaurants allow the men to wear them at night? He wanted me to ask...I swear, I am not that shallow! Thanks
    ....I know that they do not allow hats inside the Lychee or Otaheite restaurants. I forgot I was wearing one at the Lychee, and was asked (politely) to remove it.

  10. #10

    Default

    Most likely any place on the resort that allows for hats or caps, I'll be wearing one. Certainly in the daytime, you probably won't find me without brim.
    Ron

    Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drbcwp View Post
    I really doubt that anyone would ask him to take it off
    I would ask him to take it off inside one of the restaurants, excluding the grills and bars.
    Bill & Karen, San Antonio, TX, Been to CTI and CN.
    Been to Jamaica 5 times including CTI & CN before our trip scheduled for April 14-22, 2010 to CSS.
    We renewed our vows on our 25th anniversary in Jamaica.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    13

    Default

    At breakfast or lunch hats are OK to wear. But, except for the outside grills, NO hats are allowed at any of the other restaurants for dinner. You will be politely asked to remove them.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KayakChick View Post
    Yes, he would wear it at home, lol! Probably the only time he doesnt wear it is at weddings. We actually live in TX and he never has any issues with wearing it around here and we go to nice restaurants often. Obviously, if he is in a suit, he will not wear it. So thanks for the feedback! I will let him know that he will probably not get to wear it at night.
    I feel your pain. I live in Florida the painfully casual capital of the WORLD. I swear. DH wears a baseball cap constantly (for the opposite reason -- Afro hair) but at CSA, the restaurants are more like casual dressy. (read: Bonefish Grill, not Applebees) and they DO like you dressier. At the Palms for dinner, you MIGHT be able to get away with it, and lunch is no problem at all. In fact, he'd be out of place WITHOUT a hat at lucnh.

    Enjoy your trip to my favorite place.

  14. #14

    Default

    i don't think he can wear a hat during dinner

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gary butkus View Post
    i don't think he can wear a hat during dinner
    ....That's an insult to the house. Anywhere.

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by acranger View Post
    ....That's an insult to the house. Anywhere.
    or " I would ask him to take it off ...... "

    Wow ...... the things people worry about ....... come on folks, lighten up.

    There I go being sarcastic again .....
    Proud palapa hoarder since 2007 !!!

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by markandjannett View Post
    or " I would ask him to take it off ...... "

    Wow ...... the things people worry about ....... come on folks, lighten up.

    There I go being sarcastic again .....
    ....Although I have long known not to wear a hat at the table; there was an entire episode on this on "The Sopranos". Needless to say, it didn't o well for the offender!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •