Default Need a voucher to check into CN?

I've read most of the threads on the message board in preparation for our April 16 arrival. One thread mentioned that a person at the front desk asked them for a hotel voucher and was upset that they didn't have one. They booked their trip directly with Couples (as we have) and had an email with the confirmation but that wasn't evidently good enough.

The only thing I've received is a confirmation email.

We also booked our flight through couples and have not heard back from them about our tickets. I assume that they're e-tickets and that I'll pick them up at the Delta counter. I just want to make sure there are no surprises.

Thanks.

I would REALLY call Delta and make sure that you have reservations. Delta is famous for changing flights.

They cancelled our flight to Mobay once and didn't even tell me. They just booked us automatically a day later.

Quote Originally Posted by scal View Post
    ... One thread mentioned that a person at the front desk asked them for a hotel voucher and was upset that they didn't have one. They booked their trip directly with Couples (as we have) and had an email with the confirmation but that wasn't evidently good enough.
    I'm guessing you are referring to Pamela's post ("CN Review") as she mentioned that issue. We were in a similar situation and oddly had no real issue, though the girl did ask for the non-existent voucher. I think the point of that part of the post was that the front desk person was ill-informed and a bit rude perhaps. You shouldn't need anything beyond your confirmation #.

We are considering printing out the email confirmation with the reservation # for a future trip just in case, but we noted that the number was already on our check-in card (They typically pre-print the cards with most of the pertinent information filled in and have them available when you arrive).

Not to hi-jack your thread, but here is a related tip in case you are taking TimAir on the return to MoBay. In the space on the check-in card requesting your international departure flight and time, write "TimAir" and the scheduled TimAir departure time as well as the international flight information. We did this for the first time and all of our departure items were handled correctly (bags outside, room check out time, taxi to TimAir, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by drbcwp View Post
    I would REALLY call Delta and make sure that you have reservations. Delta is famous for changing flights.

They cancelled our flight to Mobay once and didn't even tell me. They just booked us automatically a day later.
    Check, check, check! We originally booked to fly out 4/16 on NWA. After the merger, Delta cancelled the direct flight out of Memphis and routed everyone through Atlanta. Well, that resulted in us not getting into MBJ until 7:40 p.m. I never received a notification, although I had been receiving regular emails every time a flight number changed.

Looking back at all the emails, the only flight number that was being changed was the MEM - MBJ leg. Hmmmmm... The last email I received from Delta was on 1/31 to let me know our NWA itinerary had been changed to a Delta itinerary, and it still showed us booked on DL2456 from MEM - MBJ. I happened to get on the Delta website on 2/10 to see if our seats were assigned, and that's when I noticed the problem. Fortunately it worked out in our favor, but I hate to think what would have happened if I hadn't noticed until we printed our boarding passes the night before our trip.

Bruce and Kelli
    Fort Worth, TX
    CN 2006, 2008
    CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CSA 2014!

Just wanted to echo the "check Delta and check it often" sentiment. We've flown them 3 times in the last year and they have changed EVERY SINGLE FLIGHT after we booked it - 2 of them significantly enough that I had to call and request rebooking on other more reasonable flights. The good news is if they do change you, you have the oppotunity to change to something that works a little better. The bad news is basically everything else - they change you without warning, they change you sometimes even after the first change, and they almost invariably change you to much less convienient flights than the ones you thought you'd booked with them originally.

You should have some kind of six-digit e-ticket code somewhere - just go to their website and check on your flight information with that. And then do it again every couple of weeks until your trip.

I have never had a voucher to check in, I have never seen such a thing. I usually have nothing at all as far as documentation anymore Just show up at the airport, scan your passport, print out the boarding ticket and off you go. It is an electronic world, there is no need for paper anymore.

We have never had a voucher. We have our travel documents which is simply a printout from Delta vacations showoing our flight schedule with our hotel info and a booking number that applies to both because it was a package.

Bruce, we are flying Delta on Sat the 17th through Memphis from Detroit, just ck'd it, and it is still through Memphis.

BruceandKelli, this happened to us as well out of Memphis on 4/18. they showed us on the flight but no seats. it took four hours on the phone to get a decent departure flight. the first person, while very helpful changed our new MEM to ATL segment to a 3/18 departure instead of 4/18 we are really going to miss Northwest Air.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by Mzambo View Post
    We have never had a voucher. We have our travel documents which is simply a printout from Delta vacations showoing our flight schedule with our hotel info and a booking number that applies to both because it was a package.

Bruce, we are flying Delta on Sat the 17th through Memphis from Detroit, just ck'd it, and it is still through Memphis.
    Delta flies out of Memphis on saturdays still. We moved our vacation around to get that flight because it is just perfect.

Interesting... we've ALWAYS had a voucher... from whoever we booked with. MTL, who was the contractor with Northwest Vacations always provided one... the local TA's we've dealt with always sent one... the on-line TA we presently deal with has always sent one.

We always look at our voucher arrival as another notch on the ol' timeline belt as our departure date approaches... and the check-in folks at SweptAway always seem to know exactly what to do with it.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

The last time we flew Delta(Nov) we boarded and there was 6 people for the same 3 seats, not my favorite airline, although at this time it seems all the big carrier's have lost any customer service value.

Hi. I'm not sure about the voucher because we booked through Couples this time too. As far as Delta goes....go to their website and if you put in the credit card used to book the trip they will show your tickets and you can choose your seats if you don't like the ones they assigned you. You can also print off your e-ticket from the site to take to the airport if you like. Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by rudi View Post
    Not to hi-jack your thread, but here is a related tip in case you are taking TimAir on the return to MoBay. In the space on the check-in card requesting your international departure flight and time, write "TimAir" and the scheduled TimAir departure time as well as the international flight information. We did this for the first time and all of our departure items were handled correctly (bags outside, room check out time, taxi to TimAir, etc.)
    Great suggestion. We're not 100% certain yet that we'll return via TimAir, but the 95% that is would suggest that we fill that check in card anyway. Thanks for this very solid tip.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Quote Originally Posted by rudi View Post
    . . . . In the space on the check-in card requesting your international departure flight and time, write "TimAir" and the scheduled TimAir departure time as well as the international flight information. We did this for the first time and all of our departure items were handled correctly (bags outside, room check out time, taxi to TimAir, etc.)
    We do this every time, and they still disregard the TimAir information. Last year, I didn't put our Northwest flight on the form, just our TimAir flight. A staff member called our room and asked for the information, telling us that they needed it to confirm our flight and notify us of any delays/cancellations. We provided the information, and a few days later, the form was given to us telling us to be prepared for departure as if we weren't flying on TimAir. We keep hoping . . . .
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Quote Originally Posted by Pamela View Post
    We do this every time, and they still disregard the TimAir information.
    Hmmm... guess we don't know why it worked so well this time.
    We noted that the "departure flight confirmed" with the checkbox no longer appears on the form (as far as we could see anyway) but they still ask us for the flight number.

Default Oops forgot mine

Yeah didn`t realize I needed a hotel voucher and didn`t print it off. However the front desk were really nice and contacted Air Canada vacations and got it from them. Wife wasn`t too pleased as she usually books the trips for us.

We booked through a travel agent for CSA last year, who sent us a nice little booklet of vouchers (for the hotel, transfer, etc.)

Based upon what I'd read, I didn't think we'd need it, but took it anyway. When we checked in at CSA, they asked if we had it, so I had it at hand to give it to them. I don't think it was "required," necessarily, but might have helped to make their job easier.