Default lose weight by June?

We are returning in june to CSA for our 3rd visit. We just booked a few weeks ago so i haven't had much time to really get in shape. i am bigger then i have ever been in my life!!! i was looking at this weight loss video called turbo jam maximum results...it looks great! has anyone tried it? I am desperate to lose this weight!!!
    Jennifer

I am with you on the having to lose weight by June. Over the last year I have packed on 25 pounds that need to come off in order for me to fit into my summer clothes and my bikinis when we go to CTI in June. Last December we were at CSA and they were already starting to get very snug (I'm sure all those hummingbirds didn't help any). Luckily it's 11 weeks until we go so I should be able to manage 2 lbs/week til then if I just focus. For my exercise, I've returned to running which I love and which works great to get off weight.

I haven't tried that but one thing that worked for me was writing down everything i ate and how many calories were in it. I tried to stay around 1250 and then workout by doing the 30 day shred and jogging on the treadmill. I lost weight fairly easily that way. After a week or so I stopped writing everything down but by then I was aware of what all I was eating so I could pretty much do it in my head.

yea i'm aware of what i'm eating for the most part. i'm exercising with my fitness coach on the wii. it's really tough for me and is working, was just hoping that i could find something that worked better! LOL Losing weight takes waaaaay too long! LOL I'm eating a lot of fish and chicken and veggies. i haven't cut out carbs completely, but i'm eating a VERY small amount. i stopped snacking too. Just eating fruit; and once in a while whhen it's a craving i know i can't fight, i will give in and have just enough to make the craving away. if i keep myself from it, i will binge later! the cravings are rare though. i have been doing better then i thought i would. it helps that my hubby is doing it with me too. i try to stay around 1200 calories so too. You know what i hate?!!?!?!? my hubby has been doing P90X for like 3 1/2 weeks and you can already see muscles. now he was never big, always a small guy, just not really built with a beach body. lol but that's what he wants and if he keeps it up, he will succeed by June 13! i am a size 16 and would LOVE to be 10 by the time June comes around, but i know that's not possible!!!
    Jennifer

I agree with Melody - calories! I started the day after Christmas counting calories, I try to stay under 1500 and run on the treadmill at least 3 times a week. I was down 10lbs in 6 weeks which is all I wanted. I still count my calories during the week, eat/drink what I want on the weekend and continue to run on the treadmill 3 times a week. Since the weather is starting to warm up, I also ride my bike once or twice a week.

Join sparkpeople dot com and excercise like mad.

Nutrition is key! Be healthy!!
    -Otter,

Google "Eat to Live" by Dr. Joel Fuhrman - it's a healthy way to lose weight very quickly. He has a newer set of books called "Eat for Health" that are also very good and give a gentler approach, but Eat to Live gives quick weight loss and you will feel great (after the first week, which is rough but exciting).

Mary

I am going to be at CSA in June. It's so hard to get focused and lose a few pounds. I haven't been to the gym all week.

Default Weight Loss

So, we will be leaving for CSS in 4 days. I've been working VERY hard to get off the pounds and I'm down 15lbs since I was at my heaviest (which was at my dern wedding none the less). Feeling GREAT!!

Anyways, I'll share some secrets of mine with you. First, I'm a vegetarian. I eat a lot of veggies and fruits...and use protein supplements after workouts. Second off, you have to put in a good bit of time lifting & doing cardio...I'm at the gym at least 5 days a week.
    Now, what I do at the gym is this (and you can technically do all of it at home, esp if you have stairs):

Come up with a good lifting plan for you...use a strength training anatomy book to develop workouts that target all of your muscles (or just get a book that lays it all out for you....try Weight Training Workouts that Work...it's very well laid out & its a 12 week program). Also, try exercises that work multiple muscles at once (ie push ups, lunges, lateral plank, etc). Group your exercises into groups of 5 or 6. For example on a lower body day: Lunges, squats, calf raises, glute kickbacks, and adducter/abducter lying exercise. Then perform whatever # of reps you'd like (10-20) for each of these exercises back to back without rest. Once you've finished all 6 exercises, go directly into cardio (this is where the steps can come in handy). Perform cardio for 5 minutes (you can run up and down stairs, jumprope, run, walk uphill or do intense bike riding). After those 5 minutes take a 1 minute break before you start again. Do this sequence 4 times.

On your off days that you don't lift (lift 3 days a week), do high intensity interval training. This will include running or biking. Use a 1:2 ratio. So, for example, if you are running, you will sprint hard for 1 minute and walk at a decent pace for 2 mintues. Do this for 15-25 minutes and then walk for the remaining time (up to 40-45 minutes total). This is a big time calorie burner!!

Be sure that you get some protein powder for after workouts b/c you will not reap the benefits of weight lifting if you don't nourish your muscles with protein afterwards.

And, I apologize if this was WAY too much information, but I'm just so excited that this has worked for me (and NOTHING else ever has) that I figured I would pass it along.

hi
    we are also on a diet plan for our renewal of vows ceremony in june at CTI
    keep up the good efforts
    tony and lorraine x x

I'll never knock any form of exercise - if nothing else, at least during that period you're not sitting on your bum.

But for those who are at heart lazy couch potatoes (like yours truly here) a solid combination of calorie watching, plenty of water, and lots of vigorous walking will more than do the trick. Oh, and definitely cool it with the salt. Just eliminating this when preparing and eating your food will almost guarantee a loss of 2-5 lbs the first week alone.

I've done nothing but what I just mentioned and since September I've dropped about 65 lbs. So trust me, it can be done.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Why don't you try doing the P90X with your husband? My wife and I started it 7 weeks ago when we returned from CTI. I have lost 14 pounds and she has lost 16. This is everything I gained at CTI plus 7 extra. She is able to do all of the exercises except the pull-ups. As long as you have some degree of fitness to start out you will be able to do most of it. You might have to do some of the push-up on your knees and use a resistance band instead of pull-ups but after a couple of weeks of pain it gets easier.

I also have till the end of June to lose so I joined Weight Watchers and have lost 11 lbs 6 weeks. You can eat all the foods you still love but in moderation. It is so much easier than years ago. You just have to write down what you eat. If you can't go to meeting you can join online. I also joined a gym that I go to 3x a week(Lucille Roberts they always have specials) and do zumba classes,step classes and weight. I also have the 30 day shred if I miss a gym class. I am determined to get in shape. Just eat healthy and excerise, even walking is good. Motivation and a positive attitude helps and you are movitated. Good Luck and Enjoy CSA!

Ditto on the weight training with cardio. The more muscle you have, the more calories your body burns when you aren't working out (like sitting at work) - boosting your metabolism. The scale may move down more slowly because you gain muscle, but you will physically be leaner. I joined a gym in Dec. after not being able to work out for a long time due to going to school at night. The weight hasn't come off as fast as I would have liked, but at a heavier weight, after doing weights regularly, my clothes fit the same as they did when I was actually lighter than I am now (I tend to go up and down).

I also had to TOTALLY cut out extraneous sweets - grabbing chocolates from the co-worker's candy dish, partaking in birthday treat days at work. Once I did that, I started to drop. I also try to eat natural, whole foods. When I eat packaged stuff, I try to stay with organic and as few chemicals as possible (i.e., no MSG, "natural flavors," HFCS, anything partially hydrogenated, etc.). I'm actually more satisfied too. The other day I had to go to a restaurant for lunch and though I ate more than I normally do in terms of volume and calories, I was hungry again 15 minutes later. All of the fakey fakey chemicals in our food trick our brain into wanting more and not being satiated.

I hear you with being frustrated about the husband though...but that's just the way men are built, with a higher ratio of muscle to fat. They just don't have to try as hard to drop weight and gain muscle because they naturally have more lean tissue and so burn more calories a day.

I wouldn't worry about carbs. All the studies say that cutting out one type of food like that will only end in bad results. As soon as you strt eating it again you gain weight fast. It's amazing how many calories are in some foods. You would think they are healthy so they should be fine for losing weight but not really. There are a bunch of calories in fruit, juice, cheese, etc. Sometimes you feel like you have a good idea of how many calories you are eating but then you write them all down. I was a little shocked because I was eating healthy foods.

My Dr. told me to cut 500 calories, exercise to burn 500 calories and I should lose 3-3.5 pounds a week. It has been really easy to do just that and I don't think I am even burning 500 extra calories. More like 300.

campbecn has it in THE BAG, along with Mermaid Mary...Try also Eating Clean Recharged, by Tosca Reno....also, Oxygen Magazine, eatclean.com; oxygenmag.com....eat every 2 1/2 to 3 hrs...small meals...stay away from processed [ready to eat] and additives; soda etc...IT WORKS!! Promise
    Greg & Deb
    St. Louis, MO
    CSA 04/24 thru 05/01

Hi! If you really want to lose weight the most simple thing you can do is focus on digestion. Look up books on proper food combining. It truly is the only thing that makes sense and the weight just melts off. Certain foods need an alkaline base to digest while others need an acid base. If you eat the two together the food just rots and ferments and isn't properly digested. For example, no meat and potatoes. They do not digest together. This is extremely easy. Veggies, except starchy ones like corn and potatoes, go with everything. Fruit should only be eaten by itself on an empty stomach because it digests so fast. There is a bit of info out there on this. If you properly combine your food you feel light and great and the weight just melts off without any effort and without having to count calories. Hope this helps. This is the only way I eat now and I have lost all my baby weight. In the past month and a half this is the only change I've made and have lost 16 lbs!

I have managed to lose about 3 1/2 stone in three months in preparation for this.
    I now have one meal a day of ANYTHING I want and whenever I am hungry the rest of the day just eat fruit. I feel a million times better.

about 10 yrs ago I tried Herb-A-Life. After having major surgery, I started the program while recooperating. I couldn't do anything for 6 weeks but sit. I lost 15 lbs during that time. I loved the program. I kept the weight off for a long time, but over time have gained it back. I just found the product again and am starting. If u need any info, let me know. It is a healthy natural way to lose weight. I have tried so many diets, and some do work for the short run, but this worked and I kept the weight off for a good while. It slowly came back on. I am so excited to start this program again. The only problem is I may have to buy new clothes before out trip back to CN. That would be nice, but may expensive

Try Jillian Michaels 30 day shred dvd. It is working for me big time!

INSANITY is a 60 day program that work fast! Im down 16 lbs in 4 weeks.I have 4 week to go until our CN vacation and I have 11 lbs to lose. I'm going to make my goal no problem. You can find INSANITY online at Beachbody.com You need to do this right...no crash diet crap! eat 5 small meals a day and cardio 5 to 6 days a week. you'll get out of it what you put into it! Good Luck!

Nutrisystem is great. I lost 25 pounds in 1.5 months.

Unfortunatly it is pretty simple... It takes 3500 calories to create a pound so if you can create a deficit you will lose weight. Start by figuring out what your resting metabolic rate is (number of calories burned at rest) to do this think back to before you started working out and a typical day assuming your weight was staying somewhat constant figure your calories along with your daily exercise yes ironing clothes and doing dishes burns calories so you need to deduct those. If you google metabolic rate calculators you will get a good idea based on age, gender, and exercise level. From there you will have a good idea of where to start. i will give you mine so you can see the math. I burn 2200 calories a day doing nothing so if i eat 1800 calories a day i have created a deficit of 400 calories. 400 calories over 7 days is 2800 calories almost 1 lb lost in a week now if I add in additional exercise over and above my BMR say I run/walk on a treadmill for 1hr and burn approx 300 calories and I do this 3 times a week I will have burned 900 more calories adding to my deficit. Now I am losing over 1lb a week. REMEMBER that losing weight is about lifestyle changes not fad diets. I fall into the same everytime we head to JA wanting to have that so called beach body or even just a better comfort level however if not done right the weight will come right back on and in many instance a little more than before. make it a point to get health now by making smart choices. A good website livestrong.com look under daily plate it will help you track calories and exercise and create a good base point for your to start living healthier today.(I have no affiliation nor represent anything on the wesite to be true or accurate I just like it) Hope this helps!!1