Default Requesting Specific Room

I saw an earlier post on requesting specific rooms,floor,building ect. Are we able to do this yet? Thanks for your help. Mel

From Randymon's recent "rants":

"It seems that every so often I am compelled to restate our position on a few topics which keep rearing up their ugly heads, so here I go:

". . . . 5. Specific Rooms, Buildings or Floor requests: NO! As a result of daily arrivals and departures, it is impossible for us to guarantee any specific room number, building or floor. Rooms are assigned upon arrival and we will do whatever we can to accommodate you at that time. Coming with an expectation of a specific room assignment may only serve to unnecessarily disappoint you at the start of your vacation. This applies to all reservations, even if you or your travel agent request it or note it in the reservation."
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Due to the response to that post by Randymon, Couples has tabled the idea.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

I put in a request for a specific room about 2 weeks before we arrived and we got that room, no problem!

You can always request a specific building, room or floor. It does not mean you will get it.
    What I tink you mean is can you pay extra for a specific request. The answer is no
    So far nothing has come out of the discussion about that

Thanks Chris and Rich. Thats what I was wanting to know.

you can but there are no guarantees

We requested to have a first floor room for this coming trip in July as I will be having some surgery and steps will prove very difficult, actually hoping for building 1 or 2 as it is closer to all the restaurants for walking purposes, but as long as I can get to the beach and get on a float I will be fine!!!!!

I will let everyone know when we return how our request went.

Quote Originally Posted by columbo View Post
    We requested to have a first floor room for this coming trip in July as I will be having some surgery and steps will prove very difficult, actually hoping for building 1 or 2 as it is closer to all the restaurants for walking purposes, but as long as I can get to the beach and get on a float I will be fine!!!!!

I will let everyone know when we return how our request went.
    Hopefully they'll be able to accomodate you, considering the circumstances and such. Besides, it's always been my impression that 1st floor rooms are easier to obtain, being that most customers prefer balconies. My guess is you won't have any problems at all.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.