Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Need my morning coffee...with Cream!

Hello all

Okay, so I realize that in the grand scheme of things that going without coffee with cream for 2 weeks is not a big deal! Having said that I really enjoy my morning coffee on my balcony, over looking the ocean, with the sunny skies,and warm tropical air on my face...you get my drift. With that said, I LOVE cream in my coffee! No cream = no coffee for this gal. (I'll admit it, I likely enjoy the cream more then the coffee! Ha Ha) Anyway, I understand that there is no cream at CN or CSA where we are staying. Any ideas for substitutes? We are staying in an Atrium Suite at CSA and don't have a fridge so can't buy any. Again, I realize this isn't a big issue but thought I'd throw it out there in case any of you had some suggestions.

Cheers
    Kris
    Kris

They do have milk. I usually ask for half coffee, half milk.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Go to the gift shop and buy a small bottle of rum cream... I think you can probably knock it down in a week's time, and it tastes GREAT in coffee!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Default Cream options

I am the same way - and have not really enjoyed the coffee because of it that last two visits. I am going to try the rum cream option this time around...if I enjoy mimosas in the morning why not rum cream???

So...powdered "non-dairy creamer" must not do it for you cuz without a fridge that
    is my go to. Not sure if it helps but the shelf life on soy based creamers is at least double that of milk creamers. Maybe u could get to a market and grab some soy creamer and stash it on ice in your room?

buy some at the hilo when u get there and have them put it up for you on ice........
    im bringing powder creamer and little 1/2 half containers for me....plus splenda -- I only like splenda in my coffee.....,

Rum Cream in my coffee...yum! I've found a recipe for making my own at home since I've already gone through all the bottles we brought back last November. Note to self: buy MUCH MORE on this year's trip to CN.
    Janice and Keith in FL

CTI 2009
    CN 2010 2011 2012 2013
    CSS 2014

We stayed at CN in November. I ordered cream with my coffee every morning and it was delivered to me on the deck. If it was milk, I'm surprised... it was really good!

Jan

I think the Rum Cream idea is great! But is seems to me I have seen small containers of half and half on the shelf at Sam's ware house store. No refrigeration needed. I would take that along and just wrap really well in your checked luggage.
    Enjoy your vacation

If you have a mini bar - ask for a bottle of run cream. If you don't have a mini-bar ask for a bottle of run cream. They gave it to us when we asked at CSS.

Janicek - in Canada we can buy "Sangsters" Rum Cream. Don't know if you can get it in the US. It is far better than the rum cream provided by the resort. Keep a look out for it. That way we never run out

If you can buy Paralat milk in your area in the reclosable containers it doesn't require refrigeration. The small Mini Moo containers found with the coffee condiments at offices, etc. also require no refrigeration so you could bring some with you if you can get a supply. Couples serves milk with coffee-I've never seen cream or half & half.

Default Cream in Coffee

My wife feels the same way. We found the little cream containers at Sam's Club. It is cream, but requires no refrigeration. We just pack enough for the trip and no worries. You have to buy quite a lot, it is fairly cheap and she uses what is leftover when we return from Jamaica. Enjoy your trip home.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan View Post
    We stayed at CN in November. I ordered cream with my coffee every morning and it was delivered to me on the deck. If it was milk, I'm surprised... it was really good!

Jan
    They had cream (or really good milk) when we were at CN last year (or my wife would not have been drinking coffee). No half-and-half but definitely cream (if you like half-and-half, just mix the cream with milk, or just use less cream).

My wife will be expecting cream again when we're back

AT CN IN 8 DAYS!!!!

ENJOY!!!

um.....did they change something at CSA because the last time we were therein 2007 I got cream every morning with my room service coffee and granola....?!

I also like cream in my coffee, so when we were at CSA last December, we sat with the Food and Beverage manager at the repeaters dinner and he did promise he would look into the matter, hopefully they will start serving cream at CSA, nothing like cream in your coffee in the mornings. We will be back in December so it would be nice to get a pleasant surprise.

Use the Nescafe machine. At CSA there's one in the internet lounge and one at the grill. (I think there's also one in the palms dining room but not sure about that). I don't drink coffee but my husband does and those machines have saved him. You are however trading getting fresh blue mountain coffee for the taste of cream but to him it was worth it.

Milk has done the trick for me the last 3 trips! I have to admit I like the rum cream option too.

You can also buy those individual liquid non-dairy creamers (International Delight etc.), and take them with you- in my opinion they taste much more like real cream than the powdered stuff.

They have Baileys at the bar as well. Nothing better that Rum Cream or Baileys. Especially with a little hint of Caramel.

I thought I had cream in Oct 2008. I know it was something liquid b/c I don't use the powdered stuff! lol Maybe it was milk? If so, it was very good! lol

WHY in god's name would someone drink Nescafe when in Jamaica you have THE BEST coffee (blue mountian) available to you...crazzzzy!

You don't have to refrigerate rum cream after it's opened?
    How does it keep if it's got cream in it? Of course, the same question applies to Bailey's.

I am the same way..I have to have half and half..we are staying at CTI. Does anyone know if this is an option?

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Kissed View Post
    Hello all

Any ideas for substitutes? We are staying in an Atrium Suite at CSA and don't have a fridge so can't buy any. Again, I realize this isn't a big issue but thought I'd throw it out there in case any of you had some suggestions.

Cheers
    Kris
    ....Try adding a slug of "Appleton Rum" to start your day off!!

Someone mentioned about bringing Splenda, CSA does have Splenda. Also, in the internet cafe, when we were there in August, 2009, they had those small flavored creamers. That was the only place we found them, ( do not have to be refrigerated ), and I took some to our room for my morning coffee.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast