Default Question about plane tickets

Ok, stupid question, but I'm hoping you guys can help

We booked online for May 27-June 7 and printed out the appropriate page telling us our dates, room info, etc etc.

My question is, when do we get our plane tickets? Are they mailed to us?

TIA

(Only 46 days till the wedding and 51 days till CSA )

You probably don't get paper tickets - rarely do airlines do that anymore. Likely, there's a six-digit alphanumeric code which allows you to go to the airline's website and access your flight information. You have an electronic ticket - you'll print boarding passes either from home the night before your flight (using that code to access them on the airline's website) or at the airport on the day of your flight.

If you've got an itinerary number (as Elaine notes), all you have to do is use your charge card, FF card or such (don't forget you passport!) and they'll know who you are.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

I fly every week for work (different airlines), and I can't think of a single airline that still sends out paper tickets ahead of time. When you get to the airport, they will print out your boarding passes there.

I know it seems weird not having tickets in hand but your print out of your vacation is all you need. Enjoy!

We are not big time travelers. I booked our trip on line this time and did not know the procedures for getting tickets, boarding passes, etc. I called the CS number and asked. They told me that all we had to do was show up with passport and the itinerary number from our email confirmation and we are good to go.

yep they scan your passport and or driver license and bam there you go off to see the ... well you get the point no more paper tickets to worry about. Do bring a pen with you though to fill out your imigration paperwork on the plane..

Quote Originally Posted by kikidoll View Post
    Ok, stupid question, but I'm hoping you guys can help

We booked online for May 27-June 7 and printed out the appropriate page telling us our dates, room info, etc etc.

My question is, when do we get our plane tickets? Are they mailed to us?

TIA

(Only 46 days till the wedding and 51 days till CSA )
    ....Many airports now have stations (look like ATMs) that you simple run your Pass Port through, and the ticket comes out.

Thank you everyone!