Default Runners at CSA 4/5-4/11?

OK, just taking a stab here, but if anyone is up to some road miles in the morning before it gets to hot, post us back a message here or leave a message for us at reception/check-in desk and we will connect for a meeting time/place.

My wife and I are both runners, but at different paces (9 min/mi for her, 7:45 min/mi for me). Our runs are between 6 and 10 miles.

Mike & Mindy Price

There is a running trail at CSA, and there are treadmills. I wouldn't run along the road if I were you.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Oy, 8-9 minute miles, you guys are pretty serious.

We will not be there at that time, going in June, but I might suggest running the beach in the morning. Not everyone agrees with me, but I love running in the sand, just at the water line where it is firm enough to run on. If you are game I might also suggest running barefoot. I have recently taken up "barefoot" running in FiveFinger shoes and I love it. I will be running the beach in June in real bare feet and can not wait to hit the beach. Not for everyone, I know, but I am a big fan of this trend.

If you go to the beach and turn left you can run about 2-1/2 miles till you get close to the river and have to turn back. It is a delightful running environment. The ocean on one side, and lovely Negril on the other. Run early, 6 AM is my time, as it gets very hot pretty quick most days. And early in the morning the beach is nearly deserted and easy to run. I would also recommend running together rather than at your personal pace. I think the enjoyment of sharing the experiencing far out weighs the "need for speed".

One other word of advice, if you decide that you want to wear shoes to run the beach, take an old pair of shoes. I guarantee that you will step into a pool of water somewhere along the way and the sand and water will saturate your shoes. When they dry they will be funky till they are washed properly. Some of this funk may be permanent and I would hate to see you mess up a new pair of nice running shoes. And wear some short sox with the shoes, wet shoes always give me blisters, even worse with no socks.

Of course, your mileage may vary, so do your own thing by all means.

Have a great trip, let us know how the running goes.

Sorry. Ya'll. We'll miss you by a month. We'll be there in May. Try running on the beach through. Shorten your runs a little, and go a hair slower. It's pretty scary running on the road. The beach should be packed enough early to get a good run in. It's about 4-ish miles to the end of Long Bay. (Standing on the beach, looking at the water, turn left.)

DH and I do it just about every morning at CSA.

Have a great trip!

Vee

I'm so jealous! Unfortunately, we won't be there until December for the Reggae Marathon.

My husband ran along the road when we were at CN 2 years ago and swore it was completely safe - safer than here in Cincinnati. Last year, we stayed at CSS and he ran from there to CTI in the morning, got water from CTI, and ran back to CSS. He said it was great, all the locals said good morning, and a great way to see the day begin.

You'll get a lot of advice from those who say it's dangerous to run on the roads, but remember, the locals are walking on the road all the time so the drivers are used to seeing people there.

Have fun!

Default Running at CSA

Quote Originally Posted by nguc54t View Post
    I'm so jealous! Unfortunately, we won't be there until December for the Reggae Marathon.

My husband ran along the road when we were at CN 2 years ago and swore it was completely safe - safer than here in Cincinnati. Last year, we stayed at CSS and he ran from there to CTI in the morning, got water from CTI, and ran back to CSS. He said it was great, all the locals said good morning, and a great way to see the day begin.

You'll get a lot of advice from those who say it's dangerous to run on the roads, but remember, the locals are walking on the road all the time so the drivers are used to seeing people there.

Have fun!
    We were there in Nov over Thanksgiving and I ran every morning on the beach and a couple of times on the roads. If you are facing the ocean and turn right you can run past all the other resorts all the way to Hedonism then go through the gates and you can continue running around the point. I think it was about 2.5 miles one way. If you turn left you can run to the river outlet which is also about 2.5 miles one way. A couple of days I did both directions on the same run for around 10 miles. I run in traffic all the time at home so the beach was a reprieve for me. When i was at TI I left the resort and ran up in the hills and had no problems except for the dogs. If your wife is going to run by herself then I suggest she turn right as there are security guards pretty much all the way down the beach. Have fun!