Default Safe ways to carry/hide cash & cards

Does anyone know for sure that Couples can process the $300.00 deposit with a debit card? We are looking to not carry so much cash but, I also understand that there is risk here, with using a card. We dont use regular credit cards becuase we do not want that kind of debt. We paid our final deposit and everything with our debit. We are not seasoned travelers here. We have also been advised that carring a lot of cash in not wise. For those that do carry cash do you hide it in a carry on or wear those funky over the neck passport things. Thanks for your help, the clock is ticking with 5 days left until we leave. Opinions?

Keep your cash on you... secure it as you would anywhere else. Common sense is the rule.

As for options, if you're credit card averse, two tips.

1.) Let your credit card company know you are traveling, and where.

2.) Ask your credit card company to issue a temporary card with a pre-set limit AND and a short term expiration date. With only 5 days before departure, not a good option for you in particular.

I would also add a third recommendation... carry your normal credit card with you, in case of an emergency, such as medical; I know, I know... it may be difficult to incur credit card charges in a medical emergency, but it may be your only option, other than cash.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

We used our visa debit card last time and plan on using it again this time around without any issues!

You don't need cash on the resort

Leave your Cash in the room safe and only carry what you need for the day if you are going out. Keep it in your pocket, why wear something anywhere
    that says " I carry my Cash in here"

Quote Originally Posted by goodygirl View Post
    Does anyone know for sure that Couples can process the $300.00 deposit with a debit card? We are looking to not carry so much cash but, I also understand that there is risk here, with using a card. We don't use regular credit cards because we do not want that kind of debt. We paid our final deposit and everything with our debit. We are not seasoned travelers here. We have also been advised that carrying a lot of cash in not wise. For those that do carry cash do you hide it in a carry on or wear those funky over the neck passport things. Thanks for your help, the clock is ticking with 5 days left until we leave. Opinions?
    ....Little need for cash AT the resort. Just some tip money for the beach vendors and on the "Catamaran Cruise". Plus tip money for the van drivers and luggage handlers. Then you just need a wad of small bills. Not sue you really want to give anyone access to your bank debit card. At the resort, everything can be locked up in the room's safe. For carrying; go with a "Fanny Pack". These can hold money, IDs, cameras, etc.

I am not worried about when we get to the resort because then things can be put into the safe, I am wondering about when we are going through the airports and on the shuttle. Thanks for the response's.

When traveling to and from the resort, I wear a money belt. As for carrying spending cash around while at the resort or during an excursion, you don't need much except for off-resort tips or the purchase of items from vendors on the resort. In those cases I just carry a variety of small bills in a zippered pocket on my shorts or swim suit.

Just got back from our first trip to CSA and had no issues with carrying cash. If you want something from a beach vender they will wait for you to go get cash or catch you later when they come back thru. On vender day we planned to buy some items so we brought about 100.00 in small bills tens,couples fives and some singles to the beach with us. Kept it in a ziplock bag with our key cards in a zippered pocket in our beach bag. Nobody ever bothered anything. A word about the key cards DO NOT LET them get near ANY type of magnet no matter how small or you will be going to the checkin desk for new cards,don't ask me how I know this lol.. Enjoy your stay, the people and resort are amazing..
    ARE WE THERE YET??

good to know visa debit card works, since that was what we were planning on using... anyone know if it has to be the same card you paid for your vacation with???

Quote Originally Posted by goodygirl View Post
    I am not worried about when we get to the resort because then things can be put into the safe, I am wondering about when we are going through the airports and on the shuttle. Thanks for the response's.
    ....Again, a "Fanny Pack" will handle a lot of small items. And keep them handy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayslinn View Post
    anyone know if it has to be the same card you paid for your vacation with???
    ....Doesn't have to be. My daughter booked our rooms when she was getting married at CN last November. We used our card for the "Expenses".

I have a bank bag that I keep our money, reservations, pen & passports in and then put that in our carry-on bag. Works great and I just keep the bag either in my arms or underneath the seat in front of me. When we go off property either Scott puts it in his shorts with a zipper or we wear a fanny pack. We usually bring about a $1k in cash because we buy $800 worth of coffee.

We also don't own any credit cards as we prefer not to have that type of debt and live only on a cash basis. So the debit card is fine to use at the resort, but we prefer to not use the debit card off property and instead use cash.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come