Default Just a warning.. my CC was double charged.. and a comment on customer svc.

I am not posting this to be simply inflammatory. I am still very much looking forward to my vacation, but I think it is fair to post the good, the bad, and the ugly if we're going to give unbiased, accurate reviews.

I just want to warn all to check their credit card statements carefully, I charge a lot of $$ to my CC monthly and so I would not have noticed the extra charge if I hadn't gone through it line by line.

Anyway, I booked my CSS wedding on 3/6 (reserved the time and day and put down the $200 administrative/government fee that is required to do so) however, on my CC bill, there are two $200 charges, both posted to my acct on the same day, both by Couples.

I have tried calling the 1-800 line and am not getting anywhere, the first option I chose "accounting" put me through to a recording of a man stating his name, then a bunch of coughing in the background.. but no one was talking to me.
    hung up, called again, the wedding coordinator option got me to voice mail, left a message, then hung up, called again choosing the reservations option.

the man there couldn't seem to help me at all, didn't even ask me my name or my reservation date, just put me on hold, then came back and transferred me to Wedding coordinator's voice mail again.

So.. also sent her an email about this.

Again, this does not cloud my vision of my couples vacation.. but it is frustrating with everything I hear about the EXCELLENT customer service that is bestowed upon us once we get to the resort..... that the customer service seems quite lacking if I try to talk to someone on the phone about an issue I am having.

This is my first visit to couples. I'm sure they will right the wrong. Just a warning to make sure your charges are accurate. If it happened to me, it could happen to you! (and yes, it could happen at any company.. not saying couples did this on purpose).

Firebrand

I also had a double credit card charge in the gift shop at CN. No problem- they took the extra charge off.

Just call your CC company - with some banks, you can even do it online - and dispute the additional charge.
    Last edited by WandA; April 8th, 2010 at 04:21 PM.

If you're not having any luck with Couples, try calling your credit card company to get it fixed...

Firebrand

If you are having problems getting thru the Couples line to get this cleared up I would suggest dropping Randymon or Seandymon an email or post yours for them to contact you and I am sure that some prompt attention will be given to the issue at hand and help provided.

Default Resolution

Debbie Hall, the wedding coordinator made it right. I would say she went out of her way, calling me and emailing me mult. times to make sure it was all taken care of.

So, I can see where couples excels at customer service now, I just wish that there was a way to talk to someone when you call, instead of having the angst of having to worry if they'll call you back quickly.

all is good now.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebrand View Post
    Debbie Hall, the wedding coordinator made it right. I would say she went out of her way, calling me and emailing me mult. times to make sure it was all taken care of.

So, I can see where couples excels at customer service now, I just wish that there was a way to talk to someone when you call, instead of having the angst of having to worry if they'll call you back quickly.

all is good now.
    Debbie Hall is a GREAT asset to Couples!!! Glad she took care of you!!!

I've called the 800 number a couple of times over the years, and while there's nothing particularly problematic about the people, it does seem a rather generic call center with people at least on the answering level that don't seem to have a lot of knowledge. I would suggest that if you have any issues, you could email Randymon as suggested above or just call the resort directly (depending on the nature of the call). If you do call the resort directly, I would call either very early in the morning or later in the afternoon, since they do tend to be busy with arrivals in late morning.

When we checked out they used the wrong room number and we were over charged. My husband and I were just about to board the bus when we noticed and the desk had it fixed within about 10 minutes. They felt so bad they even offered to send a fruit basket to the house. We said no but thought the gesture was super nice.