Default Shuttle Bus - how does resort know when you arrive?

Hi.
    We booked our hotel separately from our flights - booking Sans Souci on March 30th and a few days later booked our airfare.

How does the hotel know what flight/what time we arrive?

Do we contact them? If so, who would I contact?

Many thanks,

With your reservation number in hand, call Couples' 1-800 number and provide your incoming flight info. You'll be added to the list of arriving guests for your particular day of arrival.

After you arrive in Montego Bay and have cleared Jamaican Immigration and Customs, proceed to the Couples Lounge and check in at the desk, where the staff member will check off your arrival on the list of arriving guests and will invite you to enjoy a Red Strip while you wait for the next shuttle.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

This brings up a good point -- if you have a cell phone, be sure to program all the relevent numbers on there (airline, travel agent, and Couples). If you have trouble with your flight connections back stateside, give Couples a call just so they know of any changes.

Thanks, Pamela!

Thanks, jagorham. Very good point.

If you use a TA, it is their responsibility to include this information in your booking. Any revisions to the booking should prompt an update to Couples from your TA within the last week or so leading up to your departure for Jamaica.

Conversely, have your return flight information handy during check in, as the resorts are obligated to make sure that you depart in time to reach the airport in a timely fashion.

If you "roll your own" flight and/or Couples reservations, it becomes incombent on YOU to make sure that Couples has this information.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Does anyone know if you travel with Virgin from the UK do they let Couples know or do we have to let them know.

A couple questions upon arrival in Jamaica, after clearing customs and you have your luggage, do you go directly to the Couples desk and check-in while KEEPING your luggage with you?(on previous trips to Sandals resorts, it seems like "locals" looking for tip money, would grab your luggage and take you out to an area where locals were playing cards and then someone would take you to the Sandals vehicle with their hand out) Is this routine similar for Couples? Also, are the drivers part of the Couples no tipping policy? I'm not trying to be cheap, I just want to be prepared on what to expect. Knowing beforehand to get some small bills within easy reach would be nice to know. Thanks !!!

For those of you traveling to Jamaica and staying at a Couples Resort simply keep with you a copy of your Booking Confirmation and Flight Itinerary..

Once you arrive at Montego Bay Airport and pass thru Customs and collect your baggage make your way to the Couples Lounge. You won't miss it. Let the staff there at the desk know who you are and they will arrange the rest. Once you get to your resort of choice you might make sure that the desk is aware of your departure flight so that they can make sure you are on the Good Bye bus to the airport on time.

and DITTO to what Pamela posted.

kazd

Your TA should of sent Couples Resorts all your pertinent information however if you question if Couples has it you can always email your information to the resort and I would also carry a copy of the booking and flight arrangements with you.

Quote Originally Posted by kazd View Post
    Does anyone know if you travel with Virgin from the UK do they let Couples know or do we have to let them know.
    kazd,

You will need to let Couples know yourself (Virgin only let Couples know if you book a package holiday including transfers).

Quote Originally Posted by BB Coach View Post
    A couple questions upon arrival in Jamaica, after clearing customs and you have your luggage, do you go directly to the Couples desk and check-in while KEEPING your luggage with you?(on previous trips to Sandals resorts, it seems like "locals" looking for tip money, would grab your luggage and take you out to an area where locals were playing cards and then someone would take you to the Sandals vehicle with their hand out) Is this routine similar for Couples? Also, are the drivers part of the Couples no tipping policy? I'm not trying to be cheap, I just want to be prepared on what to expect. Knowing beforehand to get some small bills within easy reach would be nice to know. Thanks !!!
    No never let someone just grab your bags, keep your luggage until you get to the lounge where they will tag it and it actually never leaves your sight. As far as the driver he is not a couples employee and will expect and deserves a tip. same thing goes for the people who carry your bag from the lounge to the shuttle, dollar or two a bag is required (and by required they will have their hand out and tell you how many bags you had)Other than that sit back relax and enjoy the vacation!