Default CSA April 2010 Jerk Tour

I've moved this from the Team CSA thread that has grown too large to follow.

Team CSA April 2010 Jerk Tour - Tuesday, April 13th. Leaving from the south end of the beach at noon. Around 2 miles to Bourbon Beach, back to Best In The West, and finishing up at Ossie's; just 50 yards from CSA. Bring small mason jars for sauce, take a Pepcid early that morning, and taste the real Jamaican Jerk.

Bourbon Beach is around 2 miles from CSA. Everyone should bring a bottle of water or two, but there's Red Stripe available all the way up the beach.

Most folks can eat a quarter chicken - drummer and thigh - or share. Bourbon Beach makes very good chicken, but marginal pork (if they have any at all.) They have a great brown sauce and the chef will give anyone 3 or 4 ounces in a small Mason jar. From Bourbon Beach, you walk back north about a mile to CocoLaPalm. Cross through their resort (everyone does it, no problem, mon) and you'll come out to Manley Boulevard. Best In The West is diagonally across the road. Cross carefully. Again, great chicken, probably the best of the three, and standard jerk sauce - Grays and Ketchup - but it's important to get a taste of the sauce used by 90% of the jerk shacks in Jamaica. Continue north on Manly Boulevard about 1/2 a mile and you'll come to Ossie's on the same side(you can see the south lobby of CSA from there - last photo.) Skip the chicken, but load up on the pork and make sure you use plenty of her green sauce! She will also give you 3 or 4 ounces of sauce, if there's any left, but it will cost a few bucks.

For those who want to go back to Ossie's (since it's only 50 yards from CSA) they don't start serving food until 1pm.

This event is not sponsored by or in any way, shape, or form a Couples activity and there's no charge, except for the great food!

If you want to join in, please post here.

Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

Unforetunately our group of 8 arrives they day after your suggested tour, but thanks, gives us a good idea if we were to start our own

Tom from PA

If you have a small group or don't mind a little separation, grab some route taxi's and add 3 Dives to the adventure... or do a separate excursion. I love 3 Dives!

We went to 3 Dives several years ago. Not bad, but as I recall, the chicken was very dry.

Hope to see some of you in April.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida

Default Count Us In!

Hubby and I would LOVE to do the jerk tour! I think we will also drag along my mother and father-in-law as well. This will be their first trip to Jamaica so it will be a great experience for them! Thanks for setting this up and inviting us to join it-I'm really looking forward to it!

Carina

Carina - Great to have you along! You'll get a real "taste" of Jamaica.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida

Default count us in

We are planning to join the tour. Sounds like fun.

Garda

Great! The more the merrier. Don't forget a very small Mason jar; you'll want to take home some sauce.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida

How much money do we need to bring along?

Carina

It really depends on how much food you can eat. I usually bring around $40 in nothing larger than a $5. None of these places take credit cards.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida

Great, thank you!

Carina

See you all on Tuesday, April 13th. I'm cooking jerk chicken tonight and a jerk leg of lamb tomorrow. We're outta here on Friday morning at 6am for the airport; on the beach by 1pm.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida

See you there-4 more days! Looking forward to "taste tour"-thanks again for setting this up!

Carina