Default Colorado Juli Update

I had an ultrasound today and saw the vascular surgeon.

The ultrasound showed that the clot is slowly dissolving and that new veins are forming. It did not show any new clots. This is fabulous news. The surgeon was very happy with the report.

My leg has been swelling and hurting more and more over the past few days. The surgeon was pleased that the leg is very pliable and wasn't concerned about the swelling. He gave me an anti-inflammatory and told me to come see him in 3 months.

I finally feel like I am beginning to heal. The leg doesn't have much stamina, but I have been released to travel and go on hikes.

I see the hematologist on Monday and really don't expect anything other than good news. The hematologist has put me on a daily shot which I give to myself, but that is going pretty well. Still difficult to intentionally stick myself, but I'm doing better.

With the new blood thinner I am on, I have to watch my intake of garlic and ginger. Guess I don't have to brush my teeth as frequently...lol

We have big anniversaries and family weddings this year spread out across the country and I was concerned I wouldn't be able to attend those, but I will and I'm very excited.

Thank you again all for your supports and prayers.

One thing I have forgotten to mention is that through ALL of this, Scott has been able to work from home and take me to my many doctor appointments and it has been a real blessing. For all the nasty things we say about the government, they have really come through during our time of need.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

OUTSTANDING!!!

That'a really great news Juli. It sounds as though you are in good hands. Both with medical team and Scott. I know how much it means to have your partner there. It's a burden for everyone. I'm glad that some of the pressure has been lowered.
    Stick with what you're doing, it seems to be doing well for you. Continued good health.

Richie

Glad to hear of your GOOD news!!! Keep it up!!!

that is great news Juli. very glad to see things are starting to turn more positive.

Randy

Juli: Wonderful news! Good things happen to good people. Your dreams will come true LOL
    Good health, happiness and many more trips to Couples

I dont know what you went through but am happy to hear that your turning a corner... many blessings to you. hope to meet you at CSA one of these days!

I have one thing to say: YAY!

Julie, thrilled with the good news. Prayers are being answered~!!!!! Will continue to pray for complete, total, absolute recovery for you.

What fabulous news Colorado Juli! Yippee!!! Keep striving and making forward progress. Razzl

SOOOOOOOO Happy to hear this!

Julie, I'm so happy to hear your news! We've been praying for you. Wishing you a wonder year of celebrations ahead!

The thought of returning to CTI on June 5th puts a smile on my face and joy in my heart, but that pales in comparison to the joy and smiles I have when I read about your good news. What a truly uplifting feeling I just received by reading this thread. YEH JULI!!!!!!! KEEP IT UP GIRL!!!!!
    Peace, Love, and Respect
    Billy
    CN 2002, COR 2007, CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CTI June 4-15, 2012

WOOOOHOOOOOOO!!! Great news Juli!

Julie - haven't been on here much and didn't now u weren't feeling well. I am so glad to hear things are getting better for you. Sorry to hear all you have been going through, but it sounds like that is water under the bridge