Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Cool We're from Maryland

How many from Maryland go to Couples. What a funny story, I was on an interview the other day. Low and behold, the interviewer also goes to CN. What a small world. Have a great weekend

Hello from beautiful Frederick. Never been to CN. Five times CTI and goiny to try SS in February.

Hello from Northern VA! I know its not MD, but very close. We're about 15 miles away from Frederick, MD actually! We will be at CSA in December of this year and it will be our first time! Nikita & Byron

Hello from Southern Maryland (Waldorf) we are headed to CN for the first time in 59 days (but who's counting (me)!

I'm from MD as well. Going to CSS in the fall.

We are from Baltimore, and heading to CN for our first trip in May 2011 for our wedding

We are fron Chincoteague Island, VA on the Eastern Shore and have been to CN the last 5 years and are headed back to a Secret Rendezvous on 4/9, thought it was time for a change. Will find out in a week where we are going, could be intersting.
    Baxter & Luann

Hi fellow Marylanders. Bob & Sharon from Westminster. Returning to Couples Feb 2012, trip #9. Regards to all. Go Ravens !!!!!!

Hi! We live in Fenwick Island,De, just one street over from Ocean City,Md. I grew up in Towson outside of Baltimore, but have lived here down here since 1973. We're CSA fans & are booked for Jan 23- Feb4,2012.

Hi Chickie, we live in Maryland also and get to OC often. We are scheduled for CN in Nov.

Greetings from the Eastern Shore! The little sleepy town of Cordova is where we reside. We LOVE Jamaica and CN. Headed back to CN in October for our 20th anniversary.
    Stay Irie, Mon!
    Dana & Mike

Hey Marylanders-
    Has anyone flown BWI-MBJ on AirTran lately? We went to CTI in July 2009 and flew Air Jamaica (we were happy with the service, etc). When we rebooked (for May 2011) we were disappointed to see that the non-stops are now on AirTran. Thoughts about AirTran as compared to Air Jamaica? Thanks.

Hi! We flew Air tran in Jan-Feb 2011. There's really no comparison except they both get you to & from Montego Bay, NON STOP & at good times of the day. There are no 'island vibes' like there were on Air Jamaica & I miss that! BUT Air Tran is efficient & safe. If you fly 1st class ( we usually do) , it's NOT worth the extra money unless you upgrade at the gate. You'll fly from the domestic terminal & not the International terminal so there is no duty free shopping or 1st class lounge. But it's the only airline flying non stop from Balt/Wash & we'll fly them again next January. I wish Air JA was still an option but it's not! Hope this helps, Cindy

Cindy - The lack of island feel is exactly why we were disappointed! I'm happy to hear that AirTran is an okay way to travel, and that's actually really good to know about the duty free shopping. Thanks!

We flew AirTran last May to CN and the flight was fine. About 15 minutes faster that Air jamaica and the seats were farther apart, better leg room. We are flying with them on Saturday 4/9 to Tower Isle. I heard that Air jamaica is doing non stops out of Philadelphia??? Have a great trip.

B&L
    Baxter & Luann

Hi! Philly is an excellent alternative & has great flight times w/Air Jamaica but because we have a fur-baby that our Family in Timonium takes cares of, BWI is really our only choice! Just curious..do any couples vacation at the MD/DE beaches? Hope everyone has a great trip home to Couples!Cindy

Hi Chickie, We have found over the years that it is much easier to stay at the Sheraton BWI the night before. The Long term lot at BWI is 96.00 for 8 days. The Sheraton is 130. and they keep your car, and provide a shuttle. No brainer. I am originally from the Timonium area,yes a Dulaney graduate !!! Now living in Westminster. We frequent Ocean City, Md. annually. The family thing !!!

Hi Sharon, Small world! We also stay the night before our flight at the Sheraton BWI. Do you remember their "zebra lounge" or maybe it was called the "Safari Lounge" before they remodeled a few yrs ago? Another coincidence... my brother & family who dog sit for us live across the street from Dulaney! Naturally, being a Towson graduate,I call them "traitors"!Just joking! It's an OLD rivalry isn't it? LOL! Which Couples do you go to? We like CSA. And because it's a "small world", maybe we'll run into you in OC one day! Take care, Cindy

Hi Cindy-my name too! We're usually at CSA every year in January. Funny,we live here at the beach but never see it! I guess we're working pretty hard during the season. We've been going to Negril since 1985 & LOVE IT! CSA has become our "2nd Home"! Maybe we'll get a chance to meet some of you MD Couples & compare notes when you visit "downey ocean"! BTW...I'll start my count down to CSA in August! How about you all? take care,Cindy S.

Maybe we can meet you sometime when we are in OC. What type work are you involved since you can't enjoy the beach in the summer? Expect to be down your way this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by raycin View Post
    Maybe we can meet you sometime when we are in OC. What type work are you involved since you can't enjoy the beach in the summer? Expect to be down your way this weekend.
    Hi! So sorry I missed your post until now!! I'm just getting back on the MB! I'm a Realtor w/ResortQuest in West Fenwick Island. My office is on Rt 54, just over the the MD/DE line. LOVE my profession but feel like I work 24/7! But doesn't everyone? LOL !! PLS let me know the next time you're coming down & we'll try to meet for a cocktail. I think you can send a private message on this board. We can swap stories about our 2nd home in Negril! Look forward to it! Cindy S.

MD here too--near Annapolis. I'll be at CSA for the first time for my weddingmoon 5/16/2012. I've flown to Jamaica on Air Jamaica as well and was disappointed I could no longer do that from BWI.

Living in Harrington Delaware now which is just this side of Denton MD by about 10 miles. I grew up in Baltimore, went to Baltimore Polytechnic Institute (Poly) then went to Towson State.

We have been to CN and heading to CTI for 7 days on August 22 with a stop at "The J" resort for 3 days first.

Nice to see a lot of locals that love Couples

There was someone recently on the Marylander section that was talking about staying at a BWI hotel the night before flying to MBJ and I wanted to say THANK YOU for that suggestion. Driving to the airport area the night before was a lot easier than dragging my husband out of bed at 5 am. Only problem was that it was a Saturday night in May, so there was a prom going on; we didn't get much sleep due to people running through the hallways all night. Aside from that, everything went well.

I know this is an old thread....We are from Maryland and are heading to CSA in December 2013

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast