Default Does CSA still accet school supplies for local schools from guests

Last time I visited CSA I brought some pencils, notebooks, chalk and coloring books for hte school and gave it to the front desk and they seemed to really enjoy it. However, lately I haven't noticed any threads about this practice and wondered if this was outlawed or seen to be in poor taste or something. Does anyone have any idea if they still accept school supplies? Thanks. MJ

Actually, the school supply question arises with some regularity here, and it is always encouraged by those of us who muled supplies to the island in the past.

I've not seen ANYTHING from Couples discouraging the practice. Our donations have always been welcomed by the front desk, and in fact we were practically tackled one time by the coordinator in charge of the program as we were returning to our room, to express gratitude for the donation.

My guess is that the only party that may be opposed to this practice would be the airlines, to which I say... well, I'll leave that to your imagination.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

School supplies are accepted and greatly appreciated. I have also heard books are a huge help for the children and that gift keeps on giving year after year, just a thought.

Thanks Chris. Do you have any ideas on what the kids would need?

Hi summervillecutie.

We are 4th years vets to couples.
    We have been told by both CN and CSA that books for pre-schoolers, are what
    they would really like, reading is the thing schools find hardest with the children.
    But almost anything is great welcome.

Children's books, paperback dictionaries, and paper... these are the things that are the hardest to come by on the island due to their weight, and the fact that it must ALL be imported.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Last fall when we visited Mt Airy, they were in need of:

Play Doh
    Cardboard (flat) puzzles (ABCs/123s/etc.)
    playground/outside toys
    gross motor toys (blocks, etc.)
    finger paints

I imagine these things are ALWAYS in high demand on the island, just as they constantly out of stock here with my preschoolers. Enjoy your travels, and thanks for thinking of the kids!

Yes they accept school supplies, and books, etc
    but why not take them yourself? The hotel can arrange a visit for you, or you can do it on your own. We visit the same school every year - and have watched the kids go from age 2-3 to see them turning 6 - now they will move on to the next school where we will continue to visit them....
    It's the highlight of our vacation every time- the children are wonderfully warm and appreciative and you will see how differently their lives are....much more enlightening than just dropping things off at the desk! There are a few schools just a short taxi ride from the hotel, your car will wait for you if you want or grab a taxi back.