Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Sunset Catamaran Cruise - CN

Would anyone like the sunset catamaran cruise to be a quiet sunset cruise rather than the loud booze fest? I have been twice and this is not enjoyable for all. I would love for at least one cruise of the week to be a quiet romantic cruise, not the crazy loud music fest that happens now.
    Hubby and I are making our third visit to CN in August, would love some quiet time on the water together.

I'm not sure who you talk to, but you can hire the dive boat to take you and your sweetie out for a sunset cruise. It does cost extra, but I've heard those who do it really enjoy it. Perhaps call Couples and talk with them or call CN and ask.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Nope. We love it as is.

Bruce and Kelli
    Fort Worth, TX
    CN 2006, 2008
    CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CSA 2014!

Personally, I thought the catamaran trip was a happy medium! We sat closer to the bartender and highly enjoyed his antics, singing & music which also meant that we were close to the bar itself & the people that occasionally walked up to the bar. If you want a little more "quiet" during the trip, perhaps you could sit towards the front of the boat or the very back of the boat? Just saying......

I did not think of it as a booz cruise, yes there was loud musci and yes there was drinking but it seemed rather chill and relaxing listening to the vibe and cruising.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Louisville View Post
    Would anyone like the sunset catamaran cruise to be a quiet sunset cruise rather than the loud booze fest?
    Yes, but I wish you luck on that one.
    We've actually experienced a nice, calm, relaxing sunset cruise once at CN, but the atmosphere seems to be luck of the draw, and very rare to be serene.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceandKelli View Post
    Nope. We love it as is.
    Not everyone shares this opinion. We think Lisa Louisville has an excellent idea!!

After all, Couples prides itself in being the romantic resort chain. What’s romantic about a loud booze cruise? Tranquil Days and Intimate Nights? Not on the Couples Catamaran Cruise. Why should you have to pay extra for a romantic cruise when the drunken party boat is included with your reservation? Maybe at a party resort, but not at a Couples resort. That seems a little backwards to me.

Any comments Randymon or Seandymon???
    Last edited by Wally; April 13th, 2010 at 03:04 PM.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Don't change a thing on the Cat Cruise!
    Cole and Bry
    Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Louisville View Post
    Would anyone like the sunset catamaran cruise to be a quiet sunset cruise rather than the loud booze fest? I have been twice and this is not enjoyable for all. I would love for at least one cruise of the week to be a quiet romantic cruise, not the crazy loud music fest that happens now.
    Hubby and I are making our third visit to CN in August, would love some quiet time on the water together.
    would'nt it be easier to hire a local to take you and your honey out on a boat then to try to figure out how to
    organize ,define and enforce a "quiet" cruise
    Are the sunset cruises that wild ? I know CN offers AN bathing does it also offer an AN cruise?

My husband and I would.

Hello Lisa
    I would agree with Bruce and Kelli. I can appreciate wanting some quiet romantic time on the water; but we always enjoy the catamaran trips as it is. We find it a great way to meet many of the folks at the resort we normally wouldn't get a chance to talk to and hang out with. We love it.

Default Quiet Catamaran?

Ok. Had about enough of silly stuff being posted on here. A quiet Catamaran cruise? I suggest taking a private, romantic, little chartered boat wherever you want. I come down to party with the best! Changes to that would just be wrong. The place and events are amazing just as they are. Try a nice romantic walk up and down the beach. Stay off the Catamaran...You may meet too many people and have too much fun!

It really depends on the crowd. Our sunset cruise from CSA was very tame in relation to our experience on the CN cruise. I mentioned this to the crew and they said that if you get a bunch of rowdy people then they will ramp up the music and activities. If the crowd seems subdued then they just go with the flow and keep the tone of the cruise subdued. I hope that makes sense.

I think it depends a lot on who is on the boat at any given time. Pretty much luck of the draw as to what the atmosphere is.

However, I don't think there's any harm in suggesting this as an option. Although we enjoy a party, we would very much enjoy a romantic cruise.

Maybe shellygirl would like to ban us from the catermaran also!

I'm all for romance and intimate nights but I love my catamaran cruise just the way it is!

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Not everyone shares this opinion.
    Hmmm... Opinions were asked for. I gave mine. I'm fairly certain that is the point of the thread.

Bruce and Kelli
    Fort Worth, TX
    CN 2006, 2008
    CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CSA 2014!

Quote Originally Posted by BruceandKelli View Post
    Hmmm... Opinions were asked for. I gave mine. I'm fairly certain that is the point of the thread.
    The original poster asked: "Would anyone like the sunset catamaran cruise to be a quiet sunset cruise rather than the loud booze fest?"

You stated "Nope". Well, you can't speak fpor everyone. I simply voiced our opinion, which in no way minimizes your opinion. Do you think that your opinion is the only one that counts?
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    The original poster asked: "Would anyone like the sunset catamaran cruise to be a quiet sunset cruise rather than the loud booze fest?"

You stated "Nope". Well, you can't speak fpor everyone. I simply voiced our opinion, which in no way minimizes your opinion. Do you think that your opinion is the only one that counts?
    Oh jeez... I'm out.

Respect.

Bruce and Kelli
    Fort Worth, TX
    CN 2006, 2008
    CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CSA 2014!

Yes, we would definitely like there to be a quiet, calm, relaxing, romantic sunset catamaran cruise rather than the party booze fest. Perhaps Couples could give some consideration to having 2 different "types" of cat cruises that could be booked - perhaps one night during the week could be the party booze cruise, and another night could be the quiet romantic cruise. That way, people could pick which one they wanted to sign up for and there would be an option for everybody.

Default Loud Booze Cruise/Quiet Cruise

WOW...as the saying goes...one can only control oneself! That being said, I previously referred to our recent catamaran cruise as a "happy medium". It was neither too over the top or too quiet - JUST RIGHT! I also do not refer to it as a BOOZE CRUISE. CN is an all-inclusive resort so the patrons would expect to have drinks, both alcoholic & non-alcoholic, available for the 3+ hrs. on board. Although, one never knows how crazy drinking can make some people! No matter where you contain 50 - 75 people, don't you think that there will be noise, especially noise that one cannot always control? If a person wants something so quiet, relaxing and INTIMATE, a suggestion may be to hire a private charter for just a "party of two"? We had one couple that was a little intoxicated on our trip but in no way did they distract us from having fun, enjoying the sights, etc. We considered it a part of the adventure - you know, the unexpected! lol Just saying...

I think one "quiet" cruise a week would be a wonderful idea. No people in your face selling things or singing.

The Catamaran Cruise is what you make it. My husband loves the slide and goes off of it about 20 times. He gets to act like a kid and I enjoy floating in the water and watching him.
    We have been part of the rowdy bunche before and sometimes the just the 2 of us.
    I love the trip home and the awesome sunsets. Very relaxing listening to the music and watching the sun. We usually sit up front.
    We have never had anyone in our face trying to sell stuff. The crew lay out some jewelry and sarongs and you are welcome to look or not. We have bought a couple of mix CD's and love them and listen to them quite often.
    Please don't change a thing.
    Dennis and Kim
    Missouri
    trip #6 May 11th-20th

We have never been on the Cat cruise because we have heard it was too crowded.

Lisa Louisville
    Care to share any ideas on how a cruise of that size can be kept to the level of quiet you are looking for ? I think a previous poster nailed if the cruise if 50-80 people i am not sure other then a library or church where that many people can hang for > 90 minutes ad have it remain quiet
    Your idea i am sure if a great one as an alternative jut curious on your thoughts on how couples could pull it off

I have never seen any problems on the cruise. It's not like the "booze cruise" trips we have been on in the Bahamas, Cozumel, or Cabo. We enjoyed them and also always go on the Cat cruise at CSA, if nothing else than to be in the company of Rasta Ralphie. We did take a private cruise on our anniversary in 2008 and if you want a quiet relaxing time that may be the one for you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast