Default CSS AN and unsureness

My wife and I are visiting CSS in Nov. We take an adult vacation every year but have never been presented with AN as an option. It is absolutly not a problem in my head and my wife is not sure about it at all. She is ethnically korean and her biggest worry is that it is about sex. I dont think it is.

We both hate always being dressed. Before our kids we were virtual nudists in the house and that was most comfortable. She says her worry is that I will be looking at women and embarassing myself. I say it will most likely be me jealous of other guys ogling her.

I guess I am looking for advice/suggestions. Should we run away from it or will the crowd make it feel comfortable and natural?

you alone can decide. But from past experiences you will feel so welcome and just one of the people relaxing and just enjoying. It is always uncomfortable for a minute but then it goes away. EVeryone is just themselves.

No ogling! Most people really don't much care what you look like or for that matter what they themselves look like. It is not about sex unless you make it that way and if you do...I doubt your beach mates will much like having you around.

No worries the only sex going on would be in peoples minds not on Sunset Beach. It's a very laid back atmosphere. Give it a try early in your stay and you'll be there every day.
    Shari & James
    Members of the 4 for 4 club

We think you should give it a try the first day and see how you feel. We were there last year for the first time and that is what we did, and we were there every day after that.
    It actually seems like there is less ogling at the AN beach than at any clothed beach we have been to. It's a much more relaxed and friendly atmosphere, and it is COUPLES only, so everyone is already there with someone.

If you do go to SSB, your fears will be gone in the first few minutes I'm sure. You can either go off to a quite spot on the beach, or sit right up at the pool.
    We will be there the end of Oct, so we will be back home in the cold before you get there.

RicV

Assure your wife that it is not about sex as you will NOT see it. The only location that it will be found is in the confines of your own bedroom.

People will look. That is only natural but they won't stare and gawk. Once you have tried the experience and have found that there are no fears you will become very comfortable with it.

Don't run away from it if it is something that you wish to experience. Try it and make the decision yourself. You can always get dressed and leave.

"She says her worry is that I will be looking at women and embarassing myself. I say it will most likely be me jealous of other guys ogling her."

People are there with their Significant Others- not to look at or ogle anyone else's partners....that's totally out of line.
    A lot of people here will tell you "try it, you'll love it"
    but
    when you talk about being "Jealous" and her concerns about you "Embarassing" yourself,
    I'm not sure either of you are mature enough for the experience yet.

comfortable and natural. Takes about 15 minutes to realize no body is ogling. Then you get super relaxed - it certainly can be about sex - but not on the beach. After a day of relaxing together in the sun it just doesn't get better when you are back in the privacy of your room.

Having just returned from CSS and SSB a couple of weeks ago, I can assure your wife that SSB is okay!!! It was my first real AN experience, and if people looked, I wasn't aware. There was absolutely nothing sexual about the experience, except that my husband was very happy about my participation We met really cool people and had wonderful conversations, good food and drinks, and lots of time to be alone or in the crowd. From what others told us about H, it is definitely not sexual like that. It's just about relaxing in the sun and having the time of our lives. We want to come home soon - next time for much longer than the few days we were able to take!

Thanks all for the constructive advice/comments. They help allay preconceptions that I think most people have. After reading the different threads here and looking to the other MB areas, it looks like the AN crowd are a friendly supportive bunch.

I didn't think about that trying the first day is better than later, I think we were pushing for the try the last day, but you are right that if you enjoy the experience that I think we would feel cheated by having to leave right after.

Does CSS have all the amenities on SSB? Looking at the site it looks like there is a bar and pool set aside just for AN patrons.

My husband and I were much the same as you and your wife. He has always wanted to go to AN places (not many in WI though), I was never comfortable with the idea. However, when I chose CSS for our vacation last year the AN beach was part of the reason. I thought I would give my husband his wish. After reading the board for several months, I was really ready to try it. In the end, I think I enjoyed it as much or more than he did. We also spent an hour or so on the textile beach while we were waiting for the Glassbottom boat tour we were going on. Hubby said he had more of a problem with watching others, and what has a tendency to happen to most men then, than he had the whole week on SSB. So tell her not to worry.
    Linda

Quote Originally Posted by CatandEd View Post
    It actually seems like there is less ogling at the AN beach than at any clothed beach we have been to. It's a much more relaxed and friendly atmosphere, and it is COUPLES only, so everyone is already there with someone.
    Exactly! My very reluctant wife ending up finding she was MORE comfortable on the A/N beach than she was on the textile beach. We tried it for the first time on the first day of our trip this year, and spent every possible moment on the island the rest of the week. We even changed next year's reservation so we could go back!

My girlfriend wanted to spend a little time on the AN beach, but didn't think she wanted to spend alot of time there. We did it on the first day and that was all it took for her. We both loved it so much we never went to the regular beach. Trust me, if you are going to try it, do it early. My guess is that you will not go back to the regular beach. You will be disappointed if you wait until the last day and you love it.

As far as looking...
    everyone looks but no one gawks. As long as everyone is respectful, it doesn't bother me. There is nothing wrong with a quick glance as long as you don't gawk. Everyone there was so nice and respectful while we were there. No gawking, no judgement, just great times!!! Have Fun!!