Thread: Live from CSS

Default Live from CSS

The weather is here I wish you were beautiful!!!

The drinks are flowing, the sun is shining and it really doesn't get any better than this!!! CSS is just quite simply, heaven on earth. It is the most beautiful resort that we've ever seen. We've been to CN twice and went over to CSA once. Hands down, we're in love with CSS. We don't mind stairs and there are so many places to walk and explore. Bring your sneakers!
    The food is delicious and the staff superb. We totally lucked out and got the Steve McQueen suite in Bldg D. OMG!!! The views are stunning. We couldn't be happier and since we're on our weddingmoon I guess that's a good thing! We'll post pics once we're home.
    If you have any questions go ahead and post since we'll be here till Sunday and I'm an early riser so I'll come check when I can.
    BTW...I'd like to thank everyone that answered all of my many questions before we came here. Everyone was right on target.

Quote Originally Posted by rrallen View Post
    The weather is always there. And of course I'm beautiful!

Just kidding, glad your having such a great time. Wish we were there too. 80 days and counting.
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos
    Admin - Couples Resorts Photos - flickr group
    Admin - facebook/CouplesResortsJamaica

CSS: 2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013

Did you request the Steve McQueen suite or did you just get it ? If you are doing the Dunns River trip, did you have any problems getting reservations? Also, is the water as warm as Negril ? Thanks, and have fun!

Hi,

Thanks for the update. We leave in 15 days. Can't wait. We hope that they will be able to put us up on the cliff for the ocean view. Do you know if we have to wait to request that?

Thanks,

Carol

rrallen, thanks for the live post and glad to hear that you are having a wonderful time! CSS is such a special, romantic and beautiful resort.

Congrats to you both! We are going to CSS for our weddingmoon April 30th. We were also wondering if we should pack sneakers, thank you for the tip?
    How long after you arrived did you meet with Debbi Hall?

rrallen... We feel the same way about CSS. We will be there again in July and we have an early arrival. We'll probably be at the resort between 10:30 & 11 AM. Could you tell us whether any of the restaurants are serving any food at that time. It is kind of between breakfast and lunch. We'll probably be starved since our flight leaves at 6 AM and nothing will be open for breakfast at the airport that early. I doubt whether we'll be able to get in our room that early or we could have room service. Just wondered whether we should pack some snack bars or not. We thank you for any information. I guess we could always drink our lunch since the bars open at 10 AM. LOL
    Have a wonderful time this week.

So glad you are enjoying 'my' CSS. It really is a fabulous resort. Spend one afternoon wandering the entire property and take a dip in all the pools and hot tubs and grab a drink at each of the bars! I know it sounds stupid, but it is so much fun.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

We'd love to hear tips, tricks and other. We'll be there for our honeymoon Oct. 1. Can't wait!

We've been here since Monday (seems like yesterday), and we too love the place! Great food, drinks and STAFF. A word to the wise - bring as much cash as you think you'll need, as you can only cash travelers' checks on the property for Jamaican currency (most things for sale are in US $). We have an enclosed balcony 1 BR room, but it's very nice with a pretty view (Section C); besides, you spend very little time in the room. If you want munchies (nuts, chips, etc.), pack them as the mini bar has no snacks- but you can get fifths of four different kinds of spirits sent to the minibar at no extra cost.

All-in-all, we love the place (yeah, I am redundant), and are totally relaxed already - wishing Monday would never get here...
    Andy & Meredith

rrallen, step away from the computer and go enjoy CSS!! There is lots to explore and not a minute to waste. We just left there the other day and plan on going back at the end of the year again. Say hi to Clive who plays the sax during the sunsets, nice man.
    Andy, no need for much cash while there. Everything can be charged to your room and paid with plastic at checkout. I brought lots of small bills and brought them all home again.
    BrendaandBruce, breakfast is served 7:30-10:30. I'd pack something for the plane or wait for the 1/2 way stop on the way to the resort. Better yet, down a couple Red Stripes at the Couples bar at the airport reception area.

Quote Originally Posted by rrallen View Post

The drinks are flowing, the sun is shining and it really doesn't get any better than this!!! CSS is just quite simply, heaven on earth. It is the most beautiful resort that we've ever seen. We've been to CN twice and went over to CSA once. Hands down, we're in love with CSS. We don't mind stairs and there are so many places to walk and explore. Bring your sneakers!
    The food is delicious and the staff superb. We totally lucked out and got the Steve McQueen suite in Bldg D. OMG!!! The views are stunning. We couldn't be happier and since we're on our weddingmoon I guess that's a good thing! We'll post pics once we're home.
    If you have any questions go ahead and post since we'll be here till Sunday and I'm an early riser so I'll come check when I can.
    BTW...I'd like to thank everyone that answered all of my many questions before we came here. Everyone was right on target.
    ....We're heading to CSS in October. Awaiting the pics.

Good Woman01,
    We are arriving at CSS on May 1st for our weddingmoon! What day are you getting married? We are willing to take pics at someone's wedding if they will in turn take pics at ours. Would you be interested? We are getting married May 5th at 10:00 a.m.
    Thanks

Unfortunately we'll be gone by then. We're actually getting married today which is the 15th. You're not going to be disappointed with your choice as it is a very romantic and beautiful place to get married! Best wishes to you!!!

Good Morning All You Posters.
    Today's reply is going to be a quick one since I have to go workout then meet my fiance for breakfast. Today is the BIG day!
    Compared to Negril the water is colder but that is due to the white river over on AuNaturel and the springs closer to the main beach. But it is tolerable! Not going to Dunn's River. The Steve McQueen suite was truly a stroke of luck. I called the day before and asked if I could be put on the list for D building and then I asked as soon as I sat down in reception. Everyone wants D building so if you're lucky enough to get it send up a little prayer of thanks.
    I believe Debbi is in the states. I met with the wedding coordinator on Tuesday which was 2 days prior.
    I think everyone's questions have been answered so far. I'll check in again before I leave. Wish me luck that its not raining around 4pm but even if it I'll be the happy bride!!!

KY2 Jamaica,

we depart May 5th, i believe we have to be at Mobay at that time. I am sorry. I'm sure things will work out just fine

Congrats on the Wedding and landing the Steve Mcqueen suite. We stayed in it last year and the views are absolutely stunning. If fact it spoiled us. We just got back from CSA and stayed in a Garden Verandah Suite. CSA is very nice but the view, after what we had last year, left something to be desired. I booked late so it was the only room available with a mini bar. We looked out at the back of 2 other buildings. CSS is our favorite place too now that we've been to them all.

I am leaving in 22 days. My fiance and I are getting married on 5-15!!! I cant wait to be in your shoes. We are so excited, 10 days in paradise. I am counting the days! CSS here we come. I hope you all have an amazing time, and I hope I get to meet some of you. What an amazing place.