Thread: Scuba-doo?

Default Scuba-doo?

http://www.scubadoo.com.au/
    So i seen this first on the travel channel. i think this is awesome and Couples should look into getting these!!!!! Scuba diving is something i have always wanted to try, but the tank on my back and all the equipment makes me nervous and i'm afraid i might panic under water. Scuba doo sounds like a lot of fun!!!! and i think a lot of people would be interested in it. i wouldn't even mind being charged a fee. i don't think i did the link thing right, but you can just google scuba bike
    Jennifer

BUMP!!!!!!
    so what does everyone think??? Would this be a good idea!!! it sounds like a lot of fuN!
    Jennifer

Try the resort course at Couples. They put you in the pool first to teach you. You will soon know if you like it. You do not feel the weight of the equipment when you are in the water. I doubt they will be offering these as there is no control over novices ruining the reefs.

I agree with dandj. Try the resort course. All the dive folks are awesome. Something like that is bulky and very likely to destroy the coral when an unwitting "driver" bumps into it. If you are freaked out about the dive gear, I would definitely suggest the SNUBA before the scuba-doo. However, nothing compares with the freedom of actual SCUBA...hubby and I got certified in Negril...best money we ever spent!
    Jamie & David
    CN 11/2005 & 10/2008 & 11/2011
    CSS 9/2007, 9/2009, 9/2010, 11/2011, 9/2012, 9/2013
    CTI 9/2013

Sorry, gotta give that thing the thumbs down. Cost prohibitive at around $17K each (not including maintenance, construction of launch pads/docks/winch assemblies, etc etc...

Try the resort course --- if you freak out in the pool, no worries. Diving is not for everyone and the snorkeling can be just as fun (and free!)

Calgontakemeaway -- I think it was the best money we ever spent too!

Quote Originally Posted by leoconnor View Post
    Calgontakemeaway -- I think it was the best money we ever spent too!
    We are seriously thinking about using our 500 resort credit to upgrade our certification. Diving is good at CSS, but even better at CN.
    Jamie & David
    CN 11/2005 & 10/2008 & 11/2011
    CSS 9/2007, 9/2009, 9/2010, 11/2011, 9/2012, 9/2013
    CTI 9/2013

Doesnt look to reef friendly, we are truly blessed to be able to go under the water and share such beautiful surroundings with the aquatic life, we dont touch or bother anything!
    That scooter looks like it could do a lot of damage.
    I too give it a thumb down.
    Try the resort course, like mentioned Couples dive teams are fantastic.
    One love- and to the sea.
    Barb