Default Question about view from 1 BR Ocean Suite

Will all of the bldgs in this category have unobstructed ocean views or should I request a room in one of the upper levels to ensure this. This is our first time at CSS, but we've been to CN three times. On our last two visits we were unlucky enough to be in rooms by the tennis courts and roads (didn't have any right to complain though because we booked the standard room). I'm already sold on Couples for their class, staff, food & service but the absolute thing that I can't get out of my head about CSS is the image of this room category and being able to sit on this great balcony and take in the water views. This is the MAIN reason we chose CSS over trying CTI or CSA. I just don't want to be disappointed.

Very few rooms in that category have an unostructed view from the room. You have trees that will partially block your room. Request a room on a higher floor which will still not assure you that you will have an unostructed view.
    All rooms have ocean views of some sort

Having stayed in one of the Ocean Suite rooms last year I would recommend getting an upper level rooms to be on the safe side, otherwise your view might be obstructed by a palm tree outside your room or the line of palm trees beachside. Ours was perfect. Go here to check out the view: http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink

Name:  reducedpic.jpg
Views: 894
Size:  58.0 KBWe always request a room on the upper level and have never been disappointed.

Thanks guys. I've e-mailed a request to be on the upper level. Still 2 months to go but I'm just as giddy as if it were tomorrow. Don't you agree that a huge part of the trip is anticipating it?

Yeah, that's what I thought until I saw Sans Souci for the first time and I realized how mind blowingly beautiful the place is. The reality exceeded the anticipation AND expectations both times we've visited (something that RARELY happens in my experience)and I have no doubt it will do the same in two days when we visit again. It is not Party Town Jamaica but visiting there has been the most relaxing and rewarding time of my 50+ years.

Hi... We just got back from our trip (May 22-29) :-( and we miss it terribly. We had a the ocean suite. Our room was on the ground level. Here's a pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

RobNDooz:

I'm thinking you were in an beachfront suite not a one-bedroom ocean suite. I've not been there but from the layout on the website the room I'm questioning would be on the cliff. Correct me if I'm wrong. Fabulous picture no matter what category. Thanks for giving us an "appetizer" to hold us until the 14th of June.

Brian & Diane

All of these pics look like they were taken from the One Bedroom Beachfront Suites in Blocks A & B not the One Bedroom Ocean Suites in Blocks D, E, F, & G.
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos
    Admin - Couples Resorts Photos - flickr group
    Admin - facebook/CouplesResortsJamaica

CSS: 2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013

We stayed in a one bedroom ocean suite right at the top of the stairs the first year we stayed at CSS. I loved the view. It has some foilage to one side, and the ocean throughout the rest. This is the view from our balcony that year.

Linda

We have stayed in the G block (Gardenia I think) and F block (Frangipani)
    Both had pretty good views
    The G block was on the ground level but we still had a great view of the sunset.
    The F block had an amazing view of the sunset and the ocean, etc.

IMHO there are really no bad views from Jamaica
    I liked the F block a little better but you had to hoof it up 2 flights of stairs.

John

We are currently enjoying a room in G on the 2nd? floor (under the penthouse). oh its hot, hot,hot.

The view is great although the trees are very high so nowhere is unobstructed.

What I cannot tell is what the difference is between a 1br Ocean verandah suite and a 1br ocean deluxe is.

F & G are pretty much the same having large balconies with day-beds, a large bathroom with shower; A & B are 'beachfront' but are smaller inside (had a look through B21) but have a jacuzzi bath and smaller shower.

A&B are closer to the beach and 2 of the restaurants, whereas D-G are up the steps (LOTS of steps)

Default 1 BR beachfront

Hi, we are booked in the one bedroom beach front Suite at CSS, any Idea how I could find out if I am on the ground or one of the upper floors. I may be wrong but it sounds like our balcony will be less secluded if it is on the ground floor.

I'm at me@douglasdavis.com

I am booked in a one bed ocean view and am slightly nervous about all the steps but hey my husband has to have a medical when he gets back so he should be pretty fit. As for me, at least I will burn off some of the calories I will be consuming.

Less than three weeks to go, can't wait.

Hi Douglas - The rooms are not assigned until the day before you arrive, so you won't know what you are getting until you get there. You can request it, but they can't guarantee that they can honour your request. If you do get assigned to a ground floor room, and don't like it, you can ask to be switched when you arrive, and if they have the room, they will try to accommodate you.
    (Karen&Paul)