Thread: CTI or CSS

Default CTI or CSS

We are visiting Jamaica for the first time and are trying to decide between CTI and CSS. I thought we had decided on CTI but I really like the idea of the fridge in the room where they replenish your drinks every day. Is it really that big a deal or is everything close by and accessable? Any reasons to choose one over the other?

The great staff, service and room accomadations will be amazing at both CTI and CSS. I would not let the in-room fridge issue tip your choice. The bigger issue is that these two wonderful resorts have very different feels to them in general. CSS is spread out and garden like, with kind of an "old Jamaica" feel. There is much walking and the au-natural beach is a short stroll from the main area of the resort.

CTI has more of a "South Beach" look and feel now, and is quite a bit more compact. The au-natural area is an island which is reachable only by ferry boat.

Study the web sites and this message board and go with you gut instinct overall. Good luck, although you can't go wrong with either!

At CTI drinks are close, so no problem. Most of the time when you are in the room you are not in the mood to drink, between the sun and drinking all day you have had your fill.

One big advantage to CTI is very few steps to walk and the most included off resort things to do.
    Irie Mon

It's not a big deal to us. 4 trips to CTI, 2 trips to CSS and 1 to CN. CTI is still our favorite. You will have to decide for yourself. Go with the one that calls to you.

All these were good suggestions. We chose CTI because of all the extra excursions that r included with the package. I love to horseback ride so, it was great that they included that and one of the main reasons that I chose that resort. I say, look at what they all have to offer and pick the one that better fits u and your mates needs & wants.

Default cti

hello!!we just returned from couples TI and thought it was great- yes we did have a suite so they filed our fride everynight which was nice for a nightcap but for the most part we had our drinks at the main bar. So it is up to your preference if you would like a mini frige waiting in your room. But i felt the whole expereience was great!!!

We've been in a room with a fridge and without a fridge.

We thought the fridge would be really cool and even ordered our liquor, but in 10 days we never used it. The bars are so close by and you can carry anything that you want back to the room. So the fridge really wasn't a big deal to us.

The only time we would have used the fridge would have been in the evening when we were getting dressed and I preferred to get a bottle of champagne from the bar and take it to our room to drink while getting ready for dinner. And then the other option would have been at night before we went to bed, but I preferred to have a cognac and it was just as easy to grab one from the bar and take it to our room.

I will warn you to rinse out your glasses before you go to bed or leave your room. The sugar ants can smell sugar from a million miles away and you will end up with ants in your room if you are not careful.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

I am still a CSS devotee. Full room service...the stairs ensure you can eat almost anything and still not gain weight, stocked mini bar...the views, the foliage *sigh* One of our two homes. We were married at CN, but CSS is miles above. Of course it is a Couples resort, and you cannot go wrong.
    Jamie & David
    CN 11/2005 & 10/2008 & 11/2011
    CSS 9/2007, 9/2009, 9/2010, 11/2011, 9/2012, 9/2013
    CTI 9/2013

Thank you everyone for your replies. We are going to book this weekend for our trip at the end of May. I think we are going to go with CTI which was our original choice. Can't wait!

Default Trading Places

Going with your first hunch is always good. Become a Romance Rewards Member and you can go visit CSS to see if you might want to stay there.
    Vicky