Default Alcohol in carry on's?

Beemers

Posted on Friday, June 19, 2009 - 06:43 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I just read in another post that alcohol is no longer permitted in your carry on. The last time we were in Jamaica (three years ago), they allowed a couple of bottles purchased at the airport to be carried on the plane (return trip), in fact, they even provided cartons for them. Has this changed? I know it's been a couple of years, but I remember checking bags before hitting the duty free shopping areas. If you don't carry it on, how do you get it back to checked luggage? Heading home in December, and just want to know wether to buy rum at CN or the airport!

Rdyjmjm

Posted on Saturday, June 20, 2009 - 06:42 am:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Carry ons for items like alcohol are still allowed that is IF you have a direct flight to your home area. If you have a connecting flight you will need to pack your purchases in your luggage and check then in as airport security will not allow you to carry those items on the connecting portion of your flight.

Current TSA & Airline Regulations

http://www.luggageonline.com/tsa-air...egulations.cfm

you can buy at the duty free shop and carry it on...if you have a connecting flight you must add it to your checked luggage before you clear customs and recheck your bags for your next flight

If you have a connecting flight, just make sure that you have room in your checked bags to place any liquids you may have purchased at the duty free shops.

This question is always asked and needs to be bumped up.

As Randy stated leave room in your checked bag to repack your alcohol when you are connecting. What we do is pack a collapsible carry on. We pull this out when we claim our bags at our connection and pack some stuff in it to carry on and then pack the alcohol in our checked bags. I don't usually take a carry on, just a very large purse, so I can have the extra bag to carry on.
    Vicky

Pssst Vickyj >>> RDYJMJM (Jim)

I keep telling Randy that we can trade places anytime but he refuses to do it.