Beemers

Posted on Friday, June 19, 2009 - 06:43 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just read in another post that alcohol is no longer permitted in your carry on. The last time we were in Jamaica (three years ago), they allowed a couple of bottles purchased at the airport to be carried on the plane (return trip), in fact, they even provided cartons for them. Has this changed? I know it's been a couple of years, but I remember checking bags before hitting the duty free shopping areas. If you don't carry it on, how do you get it back to checked luggage? Heading home in December, and just want to know wether to buy rum at CN or the airport!

Rdyjmjm

Posted on Saturday, June 20, 2009 - 06:42 am:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Carry ons for items like alcohol are still allowed that is IF you have a direct flight to your home area. If you have a connecting flight you will need to pack your purchases in your luggage and check then in as airport security will not allow you to carry those items on the connecting portion of your flight.

Current TSA & Airline Regulations

http://www.luggageonline.com/tsa-air...egulations.cfm