Default Volcanic Ash - Flying out of Gatwick 17th April

Hi We are due to fly to CTI on 17th from Gatwick, at present the airport is closed, we are hoping and praying that all this is sorted before leave!
    Heres hoping to be at CTI on the 17th
    Ellie & Simon

Quote Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
    Hi We are due to fly to CTI on 17th from Gatwick, at present the airport is closed, we are hoping and praying that all this is sorted before leave!
    Heres hoping to be at CTI on the 17th
    Ellie & Simon
    Are fingers are crossed for you two! We'll see you Saturday!

Bruce and Kelli
    Fort Worth, TX
    CN 2006, 2008
    CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CSA 2014!

Hi Hopefully we will see you, but still not looking good, never been in this situation before,so really do not know what we do next,if we cannot go
    Keeping our fingers cross
    Ellie & Simon

I hope if you're not able to make it on the 17th that you can reschedule and get to Jamaica soon! I really feel for you two - best wishes.

Hello Elsi,

I'm so sorry for you both, I cant decide whether to panic or not yet, we are leaving for CN from Gatwick on the 24th, you must be so disapointed! Just think if you dont get there now you have all the exciting build up again. I know that probably doesnt help now, so much work goes into planning and preparing for a trip like this.
    Any way keep your chin up honey! And I hope you have a fantastic time when you do get there, better to be safe at home than flying in danger.
    Lots of Love

Sorry to say that its really not looking good. We feel aweful for you... of all the ways that a vacation can be lost, this may be one of the cruelest...

Good luck... Jamaica soon come!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Its now looking very unlikely that we will be able to leave tomorrow Have just contacted Virgin and hopefully if the flight is cancelled we can reschedule for sometine over the next couple of weeks, hopefully to CTI if Not it has to be one of the others, either CN where we have been before or we quite fancy CSS,
    its a real bummer as we booked this 8 months ago, and were looking forward to seeing how CTI had changed since our last visit in 2006,
    I know health and safety comes first,but we cannot help being disappointed. hopefully if alls well we will be back in Jamaica within the month!!!
    It just means having to go back to work for a bit longer, lucky we both have very understanding bosses
    Ellie and Simon

Hi
    We are in exactly the same position. We are sitting at home thinking about how we should have flown out from Gatwick yesterday to go to CSS. Our flight was cancelled right at the last moment.
    We now have the opportunity to fly out on 17th April but only if the ash cloud clears away. It isn't looking good at the moment though.
    At least the sun is shining here in England, it's warm and very pleasant out in the garden. I know where we would rather be though. Hope to see you soon,

Steve and Leonie

Oh, my fingers are crossed for you. My vacation to the Dominican Republic was ruined last year because of the volcano in Alasak erupting - it was complete misery!!

Instead of wallowing in self-pity, you should be expressing concern for your poor compatriots who are stranded on Jamaica...

No... wait....

;-)
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Hi Leonie and Steve
    Did you manage get re-booked? we have managed to rebook CTI and hopefully fly out on the 1st May

Fun in the Sun
    I hope you get away on the 24th have a fab time at CN we loved when we were there in 2008

Ellie & Simon

I think you are quite right though Pete. There are thousands of people stranded all over Europe and elsewhere with kids and elderly relatives, without accomodation or a way to get home. I don't think anyone thought it would be this bad or go on for as long as it has. We feel quite lucky in one sense but sad too.

There are folks stranded all over and I feel so sorry for them. That doesn't take away personal disappointment over 'one's own' cancelled trip though. Hope you manage to re book Elsi and hope those stranded find a way home soon x

Thankfully UK airspace is open please be good Mr volcano, I need my holiday!!

Ellie & Simon, Leonie & Steve, I hope you both have a fantastic break even if it has been delayed. Take care of yourselves and enjoy every minute.

Zoe & Rob

Ellie and Simon, we're sorry you weren't able to make it as planned, but we're so glad to see you were able to rebook. Have a wonderful time. It is even better than last year!

Bruce and Kelli
    Fort Worth, TX
    CN 2006, 2008
    CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CSA 2014!