Johnathan & Mellisa 4-14
    Karen & Paul 4-14
    Don & Tracy 8-15
    Richie & Sylvia 10-22
    Shane & Sonya 11-21
    Jane & Paul 12-24
    Steve & Wendy 14-21
    RyGuy 23-3

We are Steve and Joanne from St. Louis and will be at CTI from 11/12 til 11/18. This will be our fourth Couples stay and our third time at TI. The exciting part for us is we are traveling with our daughter and her boyfriend and this will be their first Couples vacation!

We are about 62 days away from entering Heaven here on earth. Welcome to Steve and Joanne. And I can't wait to meet the "kids".

NickandGina 23-4
    Jason & Kathy 31-4
    Stephen & Karly 2-8
    Ray & Deb 8-22
    Sonya & Chris 9-16
    Tom & Peggy 3-10
    Johnathan & Mellisa 4-14
    Karen & Paul 4-14
    Don & Tracy 8-15
    Richie & Sylvia 10-22
    Shane & Sonya 11-21
    Steve & Joanne 12-18
    Jane & Paul 12-24
    Steve & Wendy 14-21
    RyGuy 23-3

Any of the other couples on this thread in their late 20's. Not that the daughter minds running with the "older" folks, but........

I don't think that I would like to be in my twenties. Again. But I will be surprised to see the daughters face when we meet. Today, I am 70. Seeing as my birthday is November 8, we will be celebrrating for most of the 12 days.

59 and
    going

down.

Default Only 6 weeks

I have been missing the board for a while and thought it was time to add something. After having a heart attack on 09/07 I was a bit depressed and not thinking much of Couples. As it turns out, three stents later, I stand a good chance of living a long and healthy life as long as I take care of myself. Sooooo..... enough of that. Looks like only 44days ( 6weeks) until we are relaxing at CTI. I am really looking forward to this one, as I came very close to having last years trip be my last one ever. We arrive "home" on 11/03 and I am very much back on track and look forward to seeing old friends and meeting some new ones. Now Lets Get Some Action on this thread all you November people !!!

Well, with our first time coming up quick, this past weekend we tried to do a test pack, to see if we can get away with just a couple carry-ons. The outlook, shall we say, is bleak. After putting in my nice dress shoes, her dress shoes, my beach sandals, we had already filled half the carry-on...

This despite packing 2 pairs of socks into each of my dress shoes (hers are more heeled sandals) We still needed to pack our contact solution, various toiletries, shirts, etc. We're thinking to go over our list again, maybe cut down on socks and t-shirts, just double up on them. But, we're also thinking of bringing at least our swim masks, snorkels, and fin boots (to use as "water socks" if we go to Dunns, or for the fins if we go snorkeling) Our fins (thus far) would be staying home.

The problem is, I think even if we strip down our stuff, we may not have room for souvenir bottles of rum on the trip back (and Blue Mountain coffee coffee COFFEE JAVA!!!) what with *having* to check the bag with the rum at our layover. So, we're thinking of doing a checked bag, instead, and possibly no carry-ons (or very little in the carry-on, to give us room for souvenirs...)

Anyways, CTI newbies arriving in:
    40 days
    16 hours
    51 minutes
    58 seconds!

Whoa Tom!!! That must have scared the crap out of you and Peggy. Really glad to know that you are okay. The stents will really help. I have two myself. The difference is like night and day. Now you and I have to take care of ourselves. No smoking, fatty foods, limit alcohol, get plenty of rest, yadda, yadda, yadda. But we don't have to start the new program until AFTER we both return from CTI.
    Give my love to Peggy.

Richie

Default Coming home

Were heading home for the sixth time. Second vacation back home since we were Married March 13, 2004. on the beach at CTI. This will be our first visit since the remodel. The only 7 year itch we have is to come HOME!!!

NickandGina 23-4
    Jason & Kathy 31-4
    Stephen & Karly 2-8
    Ray & Deb 8-22
    Sonya & Chris 9-16
    Tom & Peggy 3-10
    Johnathan & Mellisa 4-14
    Karen & Paul 4-14
    Don & Tracy 8-15
    Richie & Sylvia 10-22
    Shane & Sonya 11-21
    Steve & Joanne 12-18
    Jane & Paul 12-24
    Steve & Wendy 14-21
    RyGuy 23-3
    Jim & Jamie (dates)??

Welcome Jim & Jamie You are going to LOVE the new look at CTI

Default Thanks Richie

Thanks for sharing your concern and experience Richie. I'm glad to know that I won't be the only "stented" member of the November group LOL. Yes, it was a scare having that "unique" chest pain and not knowing what was happening to me but as you said, three stents later I feel much better than I have in some time. Many years of abusing my body just finally caught up with me. I smoked a pack and half of cigartettes, couldn't get enough junk food and snacks, and pretty much ate and drank whatever I wanted to whenever I wanted, always had the salt shaker near by... and with little or no exercise. Like many other things in life, there is a time limit for living this way and now I have some choices to make, ( although my choice process has been severely limited by those damn white coat and stethescope guys ) Here's to a good trip this year for both of us, and you're right, we'll have to give that new program hell after we return from CTI this year.
    Tom & Peggy

Tom,just keep on truckin!!!

Richie

Unless you are having to pay for checked bags, there is really very little advantage to restricting yourself to carry-ons. The first thing you have to do when you get to Jamaica is go through immigration. Usually by the time you get done with this, your checked bags are already on the turnstile. Of course if you have to pay for checked luggage, it changes everything. I just know this will be our 9th trip to Jamaica and our 4th trip to Couples and we would have never been able to get all of our stuff in a carry-on.

Under 60 days for us now!
    Allison and Daniel 11/23 -11/29
    Second time to CTI, fourth Couples trip.....barely hanging on for this one! See you all there!

Managed to book PE with Virgin Atlantic so we get more luggage allowance.
    About 35 days now. Can't wait.

Tom,
    Never mind waiting until AFTER we get back from vacation to start your healthier living program. I don't want to be bringing you home on a stretcher (or worse in a body bag) "Moderation in all things" remember?

Yah Tom. Us old guys have to take care of ourselves. I'm going to start very soon. In fact, I'll get to it right after vacation.

We will be celebrating my birthday, pretty much every day and night that we are there. I plan on spending as much time as I can, in my soon to be 71 year old birthday suit. It still looks pretty good. Oh sure, there are some well worn spots, a few wrinkles, and it's pretty faded too. But I've had it for so long that I'm just kind of used to it. All the parts still work. This old suit should be good for another 15-20 years.

Richie

Richie you must be doing something right because you look damn good for 71. Must be those early morning beach walks and your choice of herbs. I too think we have many years of Couples trips ahead of us, and that's why I'm not arguing with my wife about taking care of myself LOL. Looks like a mere 28 days for us, exactly 4 weeks til fun in the sun. Hope we cross paths again as you're coming thruough the "in" door and we're heading for the "out"
    Tom

Thanks Tom. I don't feel 71. I certainly don't act 71. Considering some of the things that I have done to my body and brain, i am a lucky man. And since finding Couples in 1995, I feel better than ever.
    Our flight doesn't get in to Montego Bay until around 11:00 a.m. We probably won't make it to the resort until 1:30-2:00. I'll look for you both every time a bus goes by us on the road.

Enjoy Enjoy

Richie

Hello?!?!
    19 days to November and this topic looks like a ghost town!

I'm a newbie, never been to CTI (or Couples period) so I've got an excuse! What've all you repeaters got for an excuse?

Yes, I'd like to hear stories of wonderful times, so I get even MORE excited about where the wife and I are going!
    I'll be the guy rocking a pair of jorts on October 31st getting off the shuttle!

Jason
    CTI in:
    19 days
    16 hours
    27 minutes
    20 seconds

Hey Guys!
    Ya'll have Richie so worked up over this trip, even tho I see about that ghost town thing...He has managed to mess up the Amigos list about 80 times! SO keep it down over here...Geesh...someone's gonna end up having a heart attack with all the excitement!

and after reading to this point...Tom....not you.

One Love!
    Mona

*tap tap tap
    Is this thing on?
    Hello?
    OoOh sAYy caN YOU SEEE!!
    And that ball is LOONNNGGGG GONE!

/walks to exit door, shuts lights off...

Jason
    CTI in:
    17 days
    15 hours
    8 minutes
    30 seconds!!

/me looks at calendar
    /looks at watch
    /looks back at calendar
    /checks countdown clock

Only 16 days to go!
    And with weekends, and taking part of the week before we go off, only 8 working days!!!
    And we still have yet to start packing!
    Augh!

PANIC!!!

Looking forward to saying hi to:
    NickandGina
    Stephen & Karly

Sadly, everyone else is either arriving when we're leaving, or arriving after we've gone back to work...

Jason

Jason, don't worry about the board being a "ghost town". Not everyone is familiar with the MB or doesn't post. We have friends we meet every year who are not on the message board, but will be at CTI when we get there. Besides, it's NOT terrible when it's not crowded, but it can be when it it TOO crowded. You will enjoy yourself regardless. And of course We will be there. Look for my Cedar Point cap.

Quote Originally Posted by dinohants View Post
    Managed to book PE with Virgin Atlantic so we get more luggage allowance.
    About 35 days now. Can't wait.
    same here were flying out 1/11/11
    cant wait

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast