Default How's the weather down there?

Sitting here in the UK and seeing weather reports/forecasts for Jamaica. It looks as if it's raining hard all day. Isn't it supposed to be nice and sunny at this time of year?

Steve

I wouldn't take a forecast of rain in the tropics very seriously... unless there is a large weather system moving into an area (think tropical storm), you're likely to have more sunshine than rain.

Also consider that "liquid sunshine" is vital to all the beauty that is Jamaica.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Leonie & Steve

Tropical showers have been popping up and for most of Jamaica it is liquid gold as most areas have been hard hit by drought.

We just returned from CN and had two days in which it rained.

The first time it rained hard for about 1 1/2 hours right around lunch time. The 2nd time it was partly cloudy for the most part of the day and rained lightly off an on towards evening. There is always plenty to do and it seems like the staff increases rainy time activities.

As you watch the weather forecast you will always see tropical showers so Don't worry, everything will be alright.

Wunderground weather station at Swept Away

http://www.wunderground.com/swf/Rapi...tion=IWESTMOR2
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

Default Weather schmether

Dude it could be raining frozen hemorrhoids down there and in 8 days time this southern boy will be on the beach rubbing in something that smells like a coconut and drinking out of something with an umbrella in it. Life seems to know when you're going on vacation because business tends to get absolutely insane right before you leave. Weather can be damned I say. I'm gonna scoop up my equally busy and far more lovely yankee wife and weather we get sun burned or rug burned we are gonna have a big ol time.

It's a pity we didn't have some 'liquid gold' up here too. It may have dispersed the volcanic ash cloud and we would have been able to make it to Jamaica.

Just got back from Sans Souci on Sunday. It was really nice the first 3 days and then was pretty much clouds with sprinkles and a few downpours after that. It wasn't terrible and we were able to go to the beach but I felt sorry for our friends that came all that way for our wedding and never had a sunny day.

It's HOT, HOT, HOT.

rrallen

Having it rain on your wedding day in Jamaica is a sign of good luck.