Default How did this happen?................

When I first started visiting the Couples Message board a couple of years back I couldn't understand all of the people who traveled back to the same resort year after year...... Well, after traveling to CSA in Nov, 2008 and again in April 2009, we decided to try Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic last month. During our trip to the DR, I couldn't help myself from making comparisons to CSA/Negril....

Bottom line, I am now obsessed with getting back home to CSA. Add me to list of Couples fanatics! We will definitely be booking Couples for our 2011 trip -- why go somewhere new when Couples exceeded most of our expectations.

We won't be back for over a year, but I can't stop thinking about it. Seriously, I think I have a problem!

That's not fair... to yourself or to the other resorts.

You're right... you can't find a better product than Couples (in our opinion)... but variety IS the spice of life (we happen to be quite boring).

So, if you have the wherewithal to try new and different vacation destinations, go for it!... Just DON'T expect it to be like Couples, because nothing is.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

We went to Mexico this year and found the same thing. Resort was very nice. Our room was awesome. The food was terrible. The service was bad. The drinks were horrible. The water was beautiful but the beach was filthy. We both couldn't wait to get back home. Now I don't plan on going anywhere else but CSA unless someone can talk me into it.

I've actually talked 3 people into trying Couples instead of others. I told them to check with their travel agent and make sure and they all ended up saying Couples looked best. I pushed CSA but I think one booked CSS. Once you really start to compare it's a no brainer.

Default We understand

We understand completely. We still want to go other places and see new things but at the same time it is really hard to imagine going anywhere else. We went to CSA the first time in February 2010 and are going back in June 2010...we do lack a bit of impulse control sometimes. We are hoping that by going back we will have satiated our Couples addiction and will try something else. Our plan at the moment is to go to Couples every third trip...we'll let you know how that turns out.

Welcome to the Club, DoBo!! We still vacation elsewhere, but when we feel the need for a romantic, pampering holiday, CSA HERE WE COME!!!

DoBo - Welcome to the Couplesholic club. There are many of us and we don't want to change.

I'm curious about where you went in DR? We have sometimes thought about going there. I'd love to hear where you went and what you thought. We love CSA, but we do kind of want know what other parts of the Caribbean are like. If you'd prefer to respond off-list email to john@hansen.net.

Thanks!

DoBo, I totally understand. We have travelled to the Caribbean for 15 yrs, and just got back from our first trip to CSA. For the first time EVER, I did not want to leave! We think about it every day... we're obsessed.
    See you in 2011!!! We aren't even looking at other places to go... it's back to CSA for us.
    I'm not sure what it is... the resort is not the most luxurious that we've been to, the spa is great, the food is great, the beach is awesome.... but we've seen those things at other resorts/destinations. Do they drug us or something at CSA???

Default How did the hat work out???

Hi JamieDianne,
    Sounds like you had a fabulous first visit to CSA as we did in March, and like you, I can't get it off my mind and we will be coming back next year.
    How did your hat work out for you while at CSA... I did go back and get the tan one for next years visit...
    Send pics of you sporting your hat...

We so agree. We had a long list of places we wanted to go and after our first trip to CSA in April 2009, that list became significantly shorter. Lol. We came back to CSA for our second time last month - March 2010. We have only been home a month and we still miss it so much. We actually have counters on our computer desktops that help us count down the days until we come back "Home" in March 2011. We love listening to the ocean as we fall asleep, and the first few nights back home are hard because it is too QUIET! Anyone else?

We are true couplesholics too.
    CSA in 2009, CTI and CSS in 2010. May go for the "grand slam" and book CN for 2011.
    We loved CSA, did not care for CTI and loved CSS. Big problem for us now is the nude beach option. Our visit to CSS was our first nude experience and we loved it. CSA was our first Couples and favourite but there is no nude beach. Thinking maybe CN will be the best of both worlds? Anyone have thoughts on this?
    Much appreciated,
    Marnie

Default How did this happen?

DITTO - We so agree! We had a long list of places we wanted to go and after our first trip to CN this past Feb./March 2010, that list became significantly shorter! We have our TA checking prices for a few different countries right now in the Caribbean; however, we keep going back to our original thoughts of "I think that I'd rather go back to Jamaica - either CN or try something a little different down the road...CSA". LOL

Once you go...you know...is all that I can say!