Default Interested in Couples

Hello All! We are looking into Couples Resorts for our honeymoon coming up at the end of September this year. We were hoping you all could provide some insight on the best resorts for such a trip within the Couples destinations. We aren't looking for anything to specific but we are sure food is very important! We are really just looking for a great, relaxing week to start off as a married couple. Right now we are torn between Sandals and Couples. From everything we have seen Couples looks great and a little easier on the wallet (which is always nice for a young couple!). If anyone has been to both resorts we would be interested to hear the pros and cons of each and which you prefer. Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

PBarney15

Here is a site loaded with pictures of Couples Resorts. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JamaicanMeCrazy/

You can't compare Couples to the "S" resort as Couples will capture your heart.

View as many pictures as you can find and ask as many questions as you can come up with and we will all help you with responses.

For any specific question I might help with my email is RDYJMJM@AOL.COM

PBarney15,
    I have not been to either of the resorts, but I have booked Couples! (so excited) I will tell you that I read the tripadvisor reviews and noticed that all the Couples Resorts were rated in the high 80% even 90% to recommend or go back! None of the S resorts even hit 80%. All the raves for Couples were about their wonderful customer service. Thats what S people complained about! If you ask me it could be the prettiest place in the world and if no one helps me, smiles, and makes me feel special the "pretty" wont matter!!
    Hope this helps!

We honeymooned at an S resort in the Bahamas, after which we vowed never to return to any in their chain.

Couples exceeds them in every way, ESPECIALLY in food. The inedible food at the other place was probably our biggest complaint (by "inedible" I mean bread with dinner that is raw dough in the center, cookies that literally tasted like dirt, multiple items with so little flavor you wouldn't know you were eating if you didn't feel it on your tongue). The good food at Couples is one of the primary reasons we keep coming back.

I have been to S resorts twice, and Couples 3 times, returning for a fourth next month. There is NO comparison. We've never had a problem with the food at Couples, always top notch. The resorts (I've been to CN and CSS) are among the most beautiful you will find. But what really makes the difference is the people/service. At S, we sometimes had to wait an hour for 2 cheeseburgers at the beach grill, long waits at the bars, etc. At Couples, after you're there 2 days, the bartenders know you and have your drink waiting for you as soon as they see you coming. Never a wait for coffee at breakfast...it's there when you want it, and your cup is filled as soon as empty, if not before (same with water). Every single Couples employee cares about you and tries to make sure you have the best time you can. At S, a lot of times it seems like they just don't care. The best example at Couples was last year...the head chef came around asking how dinner was...this lady said all great as usual, only complaint was her favorite dessert was banana cream pie and she had yet to see it at dinner. we saw her the next day and found out that one had been delivered to her room! Can't beat that service. If you have any specific questions, don't hesitate to email me...BManning@ReedTech.com

My husband and I have been to both - the shoe resort in December of 2008 and CN in April 2010. CN was BY FAR the BEST. The food at the shoe resort was horrible; I mean NOTHING was good. At CN we could hardly find anything that wasn't really good. We have already booked our return trip to Couples for next April...as far as we are concerned the only good sandal is the one you can wear!

When I was planning my wedding, I was in the same dilema. I couldn't decide which resort chain to go with. I talked to a travel agent, and because she had really only heard of the S resort, that's the one she was trying to get me to go to. I however continued to research, and the Couples resort didn't seem quite so much like a chain. They seemed more like a boutique resort which was a better feel, like I wouldn't just be another customer to them. I decided to go with CTI, and every person there continued to make me so glad that I had decided to go with Couples. I haven't been to the S resorts, so I'm not sure how they are, but at Couples, it wasn't a day before the staff members knew my name. Everyone was so accomodating and kind. I might try an S resort someday on a different island, but when I want to go "home," I will definately go back to Couples.

Well, they are both in Jamaica and both have beaches, but that's about where the comparison ends. I have been to "S" and CN, and will never even THINK about going back to "S". One thing that comes to mind is the no tipping policy, while it is strictly adhered to at Couples, at the other place, everyone seemed to have their hands out (very discreetly of course) but if you wanted great service, you better be prepared to pay for it....Go to Couples!!
    Lucy

I have never been to an S resort, but I was going to book them and then I saw an article in the local paper about Couples Resorts being in the top 25 Caribbean destinations. Then I saw a show on the Travel Channel that said the beach in Negril is number 17 on the 25 Worlds Most Sexiest Beaches. On that Travel Channel show they used CSA as the sexy backdrop.

My husband and I looked at both and the price and inclusions were better at Couples. We went for our 10 year anniversary in October 2008 and it was heaven! You need to look at all that is included at Couples and that there is no class system in place and no tipping. These three things alone make them stand out resorts. Snorkeling, water skiing, catamaran cruise, glass bottom boat rides, hobie cats, and the list goes on and on....all are included. I even took private tennis lessons! For free!

So, even though I was thinking of S, I went and fell in love with Couples Swept Away. We are going back for the second time this fall. One of the Couples Resorts should definitely be your pick. Congrats!

Couples will spoil you, ruin you for other destinations, and envelop you in romance. I'm a traveler and I've been lots of places. For a truly relaxing beach vaca. This is it. If I want adventure or wildlife or insane partying...U go elsewhere but for a blissful tropical Sexy romantic comfy decompression vacation with some of the coolest people on the planet... This is the place.

the process this link puts you through to view the pictures is MUCH but I played along and still could not view....it has to be approved by a moderator and it is not instantaneous....you have to join yahoo messanger to join the group and it has to be approved -- is not instantaneous.

If you book sandals make sure you get their most expensive rooms as they only pay attention to people who splurge on the concierge or butler suites. We thought the resort was truly nice at Sandals, very beautiful, but since we were only in the middle as far as price range some things were unavailable to us that some other couples got from having higher grade rooms. So, check with your travel agent on what the perks are and so forth with different price ranges. S is more ritzy (at least the one in Negril was) but I have also been to Couples Swept Away and Couples Sans Souci and there is no comparison. Couples is less ritzy, more beachy and more comfortable. Sans Souci is spa like and the garden is beautiful (extremely nice to find hidden areas for amore) on the mountain side of Ocho Rios, and Swept Away is on the 7 mile beach which is the most beautiful beach ever.(I lived in Hawaii for three years and visited all of their islands and can say that!) We stay in the Atrium Suite at Swept Away (no tv and fridge with slats instead of windows and we love, love , love it. Going back for our 15 year anniversary in 8 days.) At CSS we stayed in a Jr Jacuzzi Suite beachfront and it was terrific. Both places served different kinds of food and if we didn't like something we would just ask to try something else, no questions asked. Most of the time it was very good, sometimes terrific. We have traveled all over the world and these places have meals that are very near to the culinary delights found in New York, London and Florence. Casanovas, Feathers and Lemongrass are my favorites.
    One other thing to notice/////Sandals has no message boards...wonder why not? Most of their clients are not return customers. There are people who travel to Couples every year, sometimes to the same resort. The people there are top notch and rarely have I ran into the dreaded ugly tourist at Couples. At S, we ran into many. If you want pretentious, high society, marble floors and butlers you should try Sandals. You will pay much more for what you pay at Couples. If you want a relaxing, romantic honeymoon with tons of character try Couples. Happy Honeymooning and congrats on your new life together. I hope that no matter where you choose, you have a fabulous time in Jamaica.

Quote Originally Posted by PBarney15 View Post
    Hello All! We are looking into Couples Resorts for our honeymoon coming up at the end of September this year. We were hoping you all could provide some insight on the best resorts for such a trip within the Couples destinations. We aren't looking for anything to specific but we are sure food is very important! We are really just looking for a great, relaxing week to start off as a married couple. Right now we are torn between Sandals and Couples. From everything we have seen Couples looks great and a little easier on the wallet (which is always nice for a young couple!). If anyone has been to both resorts we would be interested to hear the pros and cons of each and which you prefer. Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    .....We spent last Thanksgiving Week at CN. For what you're looking for, you will love this place. Romance is the name of the game there.

Having never been to any other resort in Jamaica, I can't speak to the idea of pros and cons, but I will tell you this. We have been fortunate enough to travel extensively in Europe, Mexico, Central America, and the Carribbean and Couples,without a doubt, stands out over any other place we have been. Within the Couples family, we have been to CN and CTI. We will be making our third trip to CTI this summer. I have no reservations in telling you to book Couple now. It is without a doubt the most amazing place I have ever been. You will not regret one moment of your decision to go there.

Best of luck in your new mariage. CONGRATS!!!!!!!
    Peace, Love, and Respect
    Billy
    CN 2002, COR 2007, CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CTI June 4-15, 2012

Francine

The reason that picture site on Yahoo is moderated is to prevent it from being spammed.