Default Phew - that was a close one!

We should have been heading out to CN as I type this, but instead we're stuck at home due to the volcano!! What a way to start your honeymoon?! I never thought I would spend our first days as man and wife sitting on the sofa at home watching daytime TV!

However, we've managed to speak to the travel agents and re-book our trip. We're now heading out in 2 weeks!

I thought the wedding bit was supposed to be the stressful bit, not the honeymoon! I thought I needed a holiday before, now I definitely need one!

Roll on 2 weeks (unfortunately back to work in between). Looking forward to sunshine and cocktails! : )

So sorry your Honeymoon has been delayed! I will keep my fingers crossed that you manage to fly out in two weeks time!!

Congratulations on your wedding. That volcano has really thrown a hitch into a lot of plans, and it is unfortunate that it sort of wrecked your honeymoon. However, you could think of it this way: all the stress of your wedding is now over, and you still have the joy of anticipating a relaxing, wonderful time in Jamaica that you'll never forget!

I'm glad you were able to work things out with work and reschedule. It will make for a great story many years down the road when you tell your grandchildren about the volcano that interrupted your honeymoon.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Sorry to hear about the delay, but I'm glad you could rebook. On the bright side, you now have a very interesting and unique story to tell your kids and grandkids. And hey, there are worse things that lounging around watching daytime television, particularly since you get that in addition to a beautiful honeymoon.

Congratulations on your wedding, and I hope you have a fabulous time!

adatello,

In our case we had a crazy honeymoon story. We honeymooned in Florida. Our hotel was about 50 miles away from the Orlando airport. When we finally arrived the parking lot was full of cars but, we only saw 1 other family besides us the entire 1 1/2 days we stayed. Anyway, our hotel was across the street from a prison. The second day we were there a man was released from prison and his friends came to pick him up in their van. My husband & I and the other family went on a timeshare presentation. They decided to come back to the hotel but, my husband & I went to one of the parks. When we came back to the hotel later in the evening, we arrived to the other family checking out and leaving. I asked the wife what happened and why were they leaving. She replied that the man whom was released from prison drove to the hotel and tried to kidnap her daughter. The daughter screamed and they immediately released her and pulled off. I was so devastated! Thinking that they were the only people that we saw at this hotel, that if they left we would be the only guest. This was our honeymoon and it was not going down like this. We immediately went to the service desk, requested the manager and told him the situation. We were transferred to another hotel and they did everything in their power to make-up for what happened at the other hotel. In the end, we had a great time and enjoyed ourself. They did help with making-up for the 1 1/2 days that we spent at the other establishment. So yes, sometimes the honeymoon is crazier then the wedding. So, keep your head up. It will be worth the wait and trouble in the end. Enjoy each other and have fun when u go to Couples and Jamaica.

Congrats on your wedding, and no worry mon, it will be worth the wait!!!!! Enjoy your delayed honeymoon in Paradise!
    Helen & Paul 3 timers CSA

That's too bad, but I'm glad you got to rebook. I hope these next two weeks goes quickly for you. Congrats on getting married!

Quote Originally Posted by Adatello View Post
    We should have been heading out to CN as I type this, but instead we're stuck at home due to the volcano!! What a way to start your honeymoon?! I never thought I would spend our first days as man and wife sitting on the sofa at home watching daytime TV!

However, we've managed to speak to the travel agents and re-book our trip. We're now heading out in 2 weeks!

I thought the wedding bit was supposed to be the stressful bit, not the honeymoon! I thought I needed a holiday before, now I definitely need one!

Roll on 2 weeks (unfortunately back to work in between). Looking forward to sunshine and cocktails! : )
    ...It will all be good when you get to Jamaica.

I cannot imagine how frustrated you must be but you'll forget all about volcanos once you get to CN! It will be well worth it and you'll be relaxed and having the time of your life before you know it. Best wishes to you both!

Back at work now - quite a surreal experience! But the countdown has no officially commenced. We can't wait!!!!

Congratulations on your wedding! We flew out from the UK to CN just before the volcano. We are having a great time out here, and unfortunately have to return home again on Tuesday. No extra days for us, unlike some others who had nearly an extra week!