Default Question for CN regulars

We've been 2 CN twice, both in late September, and absolutely loved it. We are so spoiled now - we don't even want to think about vacationing anywhere else!

Question is this - we are thinking of going this June (can't go in September due to work schedules). Has anyone else been there in both September and June? Is the weather different, is it more crowded, etc? Any input would be great.

Thanks!

As long as this Thread is here, I'd thought I would also ask some questions to the CN regulars. We haven't been to CN since 2006 and we are heading back April 2011. We have been to both CSA & CSS in the years since. Since CN was our first Couples experience in 2004, and we have been coming back "home" to Couples every year since, we decided it's our favorite (it barely beat out CSS; it's a beach thing).
    What changes has CN gone through since 2006? I think they added a restaurant and the one that they used to set up by the beach bar a couple nights a week is now every night?
    Any update would be appreciated.

Hi, we were at CN in Sept. 2007 and Sept. 2009, and just booked a last minute trip for the end of May - can't wait!!

The beach bar turns into the Cassava Terrace for dinner, and usually serves Italian style food - very good.

The new restaurant is Lychee, it serves Asian style food - also very good.

I think both restaurants are closed one night every week, but open the rest.

adk - We have been to CN in October and June. The only big difference I saw was that in June you might see a few more young honeymoon couples.

Quote Originally Posted by adk View Post
    Hi, we were at CN in Sept. 2007 and Sept. 2009, and just booked a last minute trip for the end of May - can't wait!!

The beach bar turns into the Cassava Terrace for dinner, and usually serves Italian style food - very good.

The new restaurant is Lychee, it serves Asian style food - also very good.

I think both restaurants are closed one night every week, but open the rest.
    I think you made a typo above. The beach bar is connected to the Heliconia, not Cassava Terrace. And all three (Heliconia, Cassava Terrace, and Lychee) are closed on Thursdays for the beach bash.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

I would think that June might be a bit cooler and there is less chance of a hurricane. We were there in August and it was much hotter than our usual December visit. Still nice, just temps in the 90s vs. the 80s.

As for changes since 2006 -- someone did a great review of CN maybe a month ago on this board that did a great job of summarizing the changes. I can't duplicate that, but will try to add what I remember.

Each room now has a flat screen TV w/many channels, including ESPN. Each room has a minibar with soft drinks, juices, water, beer, wine and liquor -- they give you a list and you can select what you want each day. There are some minor decor changes (blue & white striped chairs), new lamps, etc. There is an internet cafe -- free, of course -- with about 6 stations. I've never found it crowded. There is the new Asian fusion restaurant Lychee, which we enjoy very much along with the three "older" restaurants (Otaheite, Cassava, and Heliconia). The gym has moved and has new equipment.

The road to CN continues to get better and we've found on recent trips that the "rest stop" isn't mandatory (we want to get to the resort faster ourselves) and the trip is generally less than 90 mins, unless there's traffic in MoBay.

Also, while not at the resort, the airport is now very modern -- not sure the year that happened. It's generally a lot faster to get through customs and immigration; all is air-conditioned. It's not perfect but a lot better than it was.

Other than that, things are very familiar; I think you'll feel at home and that home just got a bit of sprucing up.

We have done a trip in Nov, 2 in Sep and one in May. We are returning this year for another trip in May. I think the only difference is that is isn't as hot at night in May versus Sept and you may have a short afternoon shower (which I spent in the bar) in May. Also, September is lobster season so you can get it in the Otaheite...no so in May. I don't think it matters when you go...you will always have a great time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ron & Rosa 25 View Post
    I think you made a typo above. The beach bar is connected to the Heliconia, not Cassava Terrace. And all three (Heliconia, Cassava Terrace, and Lychee) are closed on Thursdays for the beach bash.
    Slight modification to your scheduling notes R&R... Lychee is closed on Thursdays. Heliconia is closed on Saturdays. I think they leave Heliconia open on Thursdays to provide people an alternative to the beach party that doesn't require resevations and better attire.

ENJOY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Roclin View Post
    Slight modification to your scheduling notes R&R... Lychee is closed on Thursdays. Heliconia is closed on Saturdays. I think they leave Heliconia open on Thursdays to provide people an alternative to the beach party that doesn't require resevations and better attire.

ENJOY!!!
    Correction noted...with thanks! Sadly, we had departed on Wednesday, so we weren't able to experience the Thursday bash. I probably shouldn't have even opined on the subject.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

there is also a new bathroom located between the beach grill and Lychee. In addition to serving both these restaurants, it is also a great alternative to using the freezing cold bathrooms in the lower lobby area when needing a bathroom break when relaxing in the pool!