Default Just back from CSA

This was our 7th trip, 5th to CSA, and we can't wait to go back in six months! It really is our "home away from home" and for those of you reading this who've never been, book now. The food, the people, the beach, the entire Jamaican atmosphere, all come together to make you more relaxed than you've ever been before. CSA is everything a perfect vacation should have.

There are so many people there I should thank, but I'll limit my gratitude to one very special one - Head Chef Anthony Miller. The Chef and I spent almost an hour discussing jerk, cuts of pork, cooking large pieces of meat, and the need for a smoker at the resort. Several days later, he took me into the kitchen to meet the butcher, and several of the prep cooks. I was there over two hours talking about spices and cuts of meat with them and even showed them how to spatchcock a chicken and why.

It's rare that you, as a guest, get to see behind the scenes and this opportunity is not one that I'll forget. Randy, please pass along these thanks to Chef Miller and tell him a smoked brisket will be coming with us in October for him and the cooks.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

Default bringing a brisket??

How are you going to get it through TSA in Boca, then through customs and immigrations in Jamaica...?

Good luck - I do admire your sentiment. I do rememeber bringing a frozen cheescake I had made once through an airport but that was on a flight to columbus ohio from florida...they did not hassle me...

Glad you had a good time, we're making our first visit to CSA in December. When we were at CN, There was a kitchen tour; do they offer the same at CSA? It really makes you appreciate all the hard work that goes into preparing all of the wonderful food!

Quote Originally Posted by Francine View Post
    How are you going to get it through TSA in Boca, then through customs and immigrations in Jamaica...?

Good luck - I do admire your sentiment. I do rememeber bringing a frozen cheescake I had made once through an airport but that was on a flight to columbus ohio from florida...they did not hassle me...
    It'll be in a checked bag, frozen solid. We took 3 racks of ribs to Italy this way last summer. C&I has a problem with fresh fruits, etc. but not with cooked frozen food.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

Hi FawnRidge,

Jim and I met up with you and your wife while we were at Couples 4/7-4/15. We had a discussion about our Africa trips. Sorry I missed your jaunt down the beach for jerk. Look forward to seeing you again in April 2011.

I loved the kitchen tour at CN. The chef was so kind and the tour was great!. I was taken back by how clean and organized everything was. It made me love the food even more (if that is possible.)

Glad you had a great vacation Fawnridge. CSA is our #1 too. Razzl