Default Question about CN Catamaran Cruise and Caves

Just a quick question?? How far is the swim from the Catamaran to the caves at CN? I can swim but am no olympian unlike my other half, and would just like an idea so I can prepare myself, would really really love to do that sounds fun and romantic.

Thank you all for your answers and for the advice I've picked up on here since we booked, seven more sleeps and counting.

It's not that far. They do give you life preservers or rings if you want to use those. I did and was so glad! There was a bit of a current when we were there so the floatie really helped!

Have fun!!

Default You'll be fine.

It's not far at all, and the water is not really rough. You'll be fine, but if you're worried; they will offer life jackets to those who want them. Many people grabbed them just to use them as floats. Swimming into the cave is really neat, you don't want to miss it.

It isn't very far, perhaps the length of an Olympic size swimming pool, but you can get a life saver that goes around your waist so you can rest as you need to.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

You all wear life jackets, so you can pretty much float on the way in because the waves push you in. The way out takes a little more effort, but it was pretty easy. My dad can't swim and he did it just fine.

Default Not too bad

Hi,
    We stayed at CSA but the Catamaran cruise is the same. The swim is between 25 and 50 metres. As there is a fair amount of current there I would recommend using the lifejacket...I'm not sure that they will let you do it without actually. It is really cool and well worth it to do, a great cruise and a wonderful swim.

Quote Originally Posted by SnJ View Post
    ... and the water is not really rough.
    The scratches on my chest and back would be contrary to this statement. For the most part, the water is calm. However, there is a ladder inside the caves that you can climb to get on top of a "shelf" and walk around a bit. While I was waiting for the person in front of me to climb up, a wave came in behind me and tossed me into the rocks. It gave me a good case of "rock rash". Just be careful. Don't be discouraged by my experience. We really enjoyed the cruise and the caves.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

This picture shows it all! You will love it!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thank you all so much for the advice, the pic is fab! Cant wait now 3 more slepps!

Quote Originally Posted by fun in the sun View Post
    Just a quick question?? How far is the swim from the Catamaran to the caves at CN? I can swim but am no olympian unlike my other half, and would just like an idea so I can prepare myself, would really really love to do that sounds fun and romantic.

Thank you all for your answers and for the advice I've picked up on here since we booked, seven more sleeps and counting.
    .....When we were there in November, everyone in the water were required to wear a life vest.