Thread: dress code????

Default dress code????

we're going to be at css in march and i was wondering, exactly how formal do we need to dress for the restaurants????

For dinner # CSS only the Casanova restaurants requires some what of a dress up.
    For men they need to wear long pants,a collared shirt and closed show shoes
    Women can wear sandals (no flip flops) nice shorts, sun dresses or nice pants outfits. This dress code also applies to the Friday night gala but it is not mandatory for the gala and if you attend the repeat stay dinner.
    For dinner at all the other restaurants it is more casual. Shorts are ok (still no flops)

For breakfast and lunch it is even more casual. Flip flops, dry bathing suits and a cover up are all ok.
    The Tuesday Beach party is very casual. Basically come as you are, tank tops and barefoot are ok. It is a beach party!

The dress code is not formal at all. Slacks, a collared shirt, and closed shoes for men are required in the most "formal" restaurant, while a sundress or cocktail dress and sandals (not sandals that you'd wear to the beach) are appropriate for women.

From the FAQs:

During the day normal summer and swimwear attire is appropriate.

Beach Grill:
    Swimwear is permitted.

Breakfast and Lunch:
    Swimwear must be dry and covered. No bare feet. Shorts / t-shirts / flip-flops are most common.

Evening:
    Gourmet restaurants and repeat guest dinners: . . . [S]ummer or cocktail dress and sandals, or skirt and nice top for women. Dress pants, khakis, shirts with sleeves and collar and dress shoes for men. Jacket not required. (Elegant dress sandals are allowed). Jeans, shorts, sneakers, flip flops are not permitted.

Other restaurants:
    Resort Casual - shorts with a nice shirt/blouse and sandals are allowed.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Of all the resorts we have been to we feel that CSS is the most dressy. Scott didn't feel comfortable in shorts at night as he felt under dressed. So every night he wore slacks with a collar shirt. I always take nice sundresses to wear. We did see a few people in cocktail dresses this past year and men in linen suits.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Quote Originally Posted by usmc_wife View Post
    we're going to be at css in march and i was wondering, exactly how formal do we need to dress for the restaurants????
    ....None are "Formal". But these are all NICE restaurants. Most of the ladies that I saw wore nice (Summer) dresses in the evenings. Men wore slacks and button up shirts. Keep in mind this IS the tropics, a jacket is too much. But this is a romantic get away. What would you were to a nice restaurant for a romantic date?

We just got back from CSS Sunday night. Men cannot have sleeveless shirts at Beach Grill at night. Our friend was asked to change his shirt which he was fine with. We saw everyone from shorts and t-shirts to nicer attire there.
    Overall I would say people were definitely dressier at CSS than at CN. I enjoyed it since it gave me an excuse to wear some of the new outfits I bought last year at the end of summer sales!

thanks for the info