Hybrid View

Default Wedding Photography- Help...Suggestions

I am getting married at CSA next September and am trying to get everything in order. I am first trying to get my photographer booked.....

Could anyone give me an idea on how much Stacey Clarke is? I have emailed her a few times and haven't heard back, but Im wanting to make my decision quick to reserve a photographer, so I didn't know if anyone could give me a estimate and I'll wait on her....It's between her and Misha....but any other suggestions would be much appreciated!!!!

Thanks!

bump - moved from Help MB to Weddings

I booked Misha for my Spring 2010 wedding and have LOVED working with her thus far. Both Misha and Stacy take a few days to reply b/c the Jamaican internet is not great and they both work ALOT. Misha was recommended by Stacy, but both gals are pretty comparable in pricing, packaging and negotiations. I chose Misha b/c I clicked better with her through email. Just talk with both of them and see which one is willing to negotiate more. Good luck and congratulations!

I am booked with Digital Memories. Their website is http://www.digitalmemoriescollection.com/ and I am so SUPER EXCITED! I emailed them and received an email response and call the next day. They were so nice and I immediately felt comfortable during our phone conversation. I really got a sense that they wanted to make sure their part in my special day would be stress free and everything I expected!

We had excellent results from Romeo Samuels. Here are some examples of the photos he did for us
    http://picasaweb.google.com/galeboyd...ajzcvp8-TrrwE#

Default Good results with Romeo Samuels

We had excellent results from Romeo Samuels. Here are some examples of the photos he did for us
    http://picasaweb.google.com/galeboyd...ajzcvp8-TrrwE#

and

http://picasaweb.google.com/galeboyd...LL-5PWOkrmSHQ#

Romeo's web site is still not up, but I can give you his contact info if you email me gale.boyd@duke.edu I think his prices are very competitive, since he has not gotten quite "the rep" that Stacey and others have. He used to work with SunGold and even took Damian and Paula's wedding photos.

Here is a price list I got from Stacey:

PHOTOGRAPHY PACKAGE PRICE LIST
    PACKAGE #1
    2 HOURS ON LOCATION (MONDAY-THURSDAY NEGRIL ONLY)
    PHOTOGRAPHY, ALL IMAGES HIGH RESOLUTION IMAGES EDITED ON A COPY RIGHT FREE CD & DELIVERY
    $895us
    PACKAGE #2
    UP TO 3 HOURS ON LOCATION (MONDAY-THURSDAY NEGRIL ONLY)
    PHOTOGRAPHY, ALL IMAGES HIGH RESOLUTION EDITED ON A COPY RIGHT FREE CD & DELIVERY
    $975us
    PACKAGE #3
    UP TO 5 HOURS ON LOCATION
    PHOTOGRAPHY, ALL IMAGES HIGH RESOLUTION EDITED ON A COPY RIGHT CD & DELIVERY
    PHOTO SLIDESHOW
    $1595us
    PACKAGE #4
    UP TO 10 HOURS ON LOCATION (CAN BE SPLIT OVER 2 DAYS)
    PHOTOGRAPHY, ALL IMAGES HIGH RESOLUTION EDITED ON A COPY RIGHT FREE CD & DELIVERY
    PHOTO SLIDESHOW
    $2100us
    EXTRA HOURLY RATE $300US
    PRICES CAN BE CUSTOMIZED IF REQUESTED
    IF TRAVELLING TO MONTEGO BAY A $100us TRAVEL FEE WILL APPLY
    IF TRAVELING TO OCHO RIOS, WHITEHOUSE, KINGSTON OR PORTMORE A $200us TRAVEL FEE WILL APPLY

Hope this helps! We booked her for our wedding in October and I can't wait to work with her!

Anybody have pictures of their wedding from Stacey Clarke? Her rates are crazy nice!
    影舞葉

FYI --- I believe those rates for Stacey are for 2009. I believe the rates go up for 2010. Just to let everyone know "just in case" so they won't be disappointed when they receive a quote/price sheet with different rates.
    ~Christy~

We are using Misha Earle for our wedding Aug. 25th! Can't wait, less than a month to go!

To Cougchick5

Are the prices for Stacey Clarke including the vendors fee the entire $500 or does she split the vendor fee? I see the $ 895 you posted is that with or without the fee? Do you know?

Thanks
    Pam

I booked Stacey for my wedding Dec. 14th and from what she told me the 895 included her half of the 500.00 but not my half. She said that I will pay my half when I meet with the wedding planner and then when she gets there she will pay her half.

Let me know how it goes with you and Stacey (if you decide to book her). I'm excited about working with her in Dec.

sincerely,
    Tina

I would check with Stacey to make sure this is still accurate but when we used her for our wedding in June 2009, I paid the resort the $500 deposit for Stacey to take pictures on the resort. Now I'm assuming she somehow adjusts her rates to make up for that fee.

I have no complaints because judging from the MB she has some of the more reasonable rates and our pics are gorgeous.

We were SO pleased with our photos taken by Stacey for our wedding on 4th August. She was lovely to work with too. Here is our slideshow:
    www.staceyclarkephotography.com/Martin_Kate
    I've posted a few pics too in the "Our Wedding" section. Hope you like them!

Darryl and I just booked Misha for our Feb 2010 Wedding. She was really fast with emailing her price list and replying to our emails. I cant wait to meet her! Only 174 days!

Default Photographer Question

Can any of you clarify something for me about hiring a photographer? I'm getting married on the island at CTI on 11/7. We are taking advantage of their new wedding packages, which includes a photographer. All of their literature states that we must use their onsite photographer, so how are you all hiring Stacy, Misha, etc??

We met Kerry Ann when we were down there in July. Anybody work with her?

Redanimals-

You might reread the literature you have b/c you're not required to use the resort photographers, they're just an option. You can use an off-site photographer such as Stacy Clark, Misha Earl, Diana Campbell, etc...but in order to do so you are required to pay the resort a $500 vendor fee to bring them onto the property. Some people choose to use the resort photographers since they are much cheaper and you don't have the additional $500 fee but as many have noted, the quality lacks that of a professional photographer.

I also know that some off-site photogs will split the $500 fee with you but you'd have to do some research. I'm pretty sure Stacy Clark spilts the fee and there are a couple others as well. We hired Diana Campbell to do our November wedding and she was very reasonable with her costs. Let me know if you have any other questions and I'll try to help.

Default CSA wedding

We used the resort photographer @CSA and was very pleased! He spent 2 hours with us and here is a link to our pics. We were
    married on 2/27/09
    http://www.xoopit.com/s/20xvoiqjl2oc6ygj8yek

Has anyone used the photographers at CTI? I am getting married June 5, 2010 and would like to start getting some prices. TIA

If you can use Stacey Clarke She is awesome awesome awesome!!

I highly recommend Diana Campbell! She returned my call almost immediately and was very helpful, polite, and professional. she has also followed up with me regarding my upcoming wedding! She's awesome!~!~!

I love MISHA!!!!
    were booked for July 2010!!!

Stacey was my 2nd fave, and Diana was my 3rd choice

Back from our CSA wedding (can't believe it's been two months!!) and Misha Earle was fabulous - both in talent and personality!(I'm also a photographer with weddings under my belt.) We booked Misha for the smallest package as it was just the two of us and she went well over the "time limit" with us to get what we wanted, including going off-resort. We truly enjoyed shooting with her, we meshed really well and had a good time. She caught our personalities and love in the pics, which is what a great photographer can do. She also met with us at the resort the day before our wedding. Here's a link to our photos and her site.

http://www2.snapfish.com/thumbnailsh...NAME=snapfish/

http://www.mishaearlephotography.com/

Just got married 10.24.09 and we used my husband's cousin Diana Campbell and her son Richard for our wedding. I would highly recommend her to any bride and groom that is looking for great pictures and great customer service. They will go the extra mile to make sure that you have the very best photos and capture the special moments of two people in love on their wedding day. You will never be disappointed with her work!!! Good Luck with your choice!!!